My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Dr Shehata advice

1000 replies

Wolfemum · 10/02/2023 08:58

Hello, I am currently experiencing my 3rd consecutive miscarriage and my 2nd MMC. I have been told I will now be referred to the RMC unit but due to my age (42) i think I need to go privately and I was wondering what your opinions are on Dr Shehata? I've heard he has a brilliant reputation but is quite focused on NK cells and less on other things. Can anyone share their thoughts, opinions experiences?
My first pregnancy was healthy and resulted in my 6 year old boy but the last 2 MMC we saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks but then no growth or heartbeat at 7/8 weeks.
Many thanks for reading

OP posts:
JandL2020 · 07/02/2024 14:15

@Lily1990 if it’s epu I think they are advanced midwife’s rather than trained sonographer and if the tech wasn’t working I don’t know how they can do a “manual” blood pressure 🤔 that’s looking positive that it was human error.
100% agree about dr edge, she is wonderful. She also told us that after 10 weeks, miscarriage drops to 1 % which was reassuring.
I’ve had regular scans with crp but not nhs. I was classed as intermediate risk and just because of my losses and ivf they won’t do any more scans. One of the midwife’s was really quite rude about that. Im seeing the consultant every 4 weeks nhs so that’s something.
I was 28 weeks on Monday. It does get easier but over few weeks been worrying about movements etc
every scan I have he’s in breech position and facing my spine so makes sense the kicks are not so visible.
thanks very much ❤️
be thinking of you and positive scans coming up
xx

fleur89 · 08/02/2024 13:52

Hi @Lily1990 just wanted to wish you all the best tomorrow. I don't know how the lady you saw took the HB manually herself and called that reasonable. They should have taken you to an alternative room with a working system. Really hope she just can't count properly and it was inaccurate - tbh this sounds likely to me.

I'm just behind you at 9.5 weeks, feeling very nervous but trying to block it out. Next scan at CRP is next Friday 🙏 Furthest I've gotten since multiple MMC last year following the birth of my daughter in March 2022.

Lily1990 · 08/02/2024 14:15

@JandL2020 @fleur89 thank you both so much <3. After the appointment I actually went back to the EPU and spoke to the midwife again and told her how worried I was, and asked if they could scan me on another machine and check the heart rate properly. But she said no and not to worry (lol, if only). I will update after I have some answers tomorrow.

@JandL2020 amazing you are at 28 weeks! I'm glad it gets easier but I can appreciate there are different and new worries along the way. Absolutely makes sense you won't be able to feel the kicks as much given the position he's in.

@fleur89 congratulations on getting to 9.5 weeks, that is wonderful to hear! I know how anxiety provoking and isolating this journey is. I haven't told many people around me as I'm feeling so superstitious and hate having to "take back" the good news, although I'll tell my close friends if I miscarry again. But it means I've been avoiding big social events and feel like a social recluse, dealing with these anxieties alone and with my partner! I will keep everything crossed for you for your next CRP scan xx

Lianne32 · 08/02/2024 17:17

hiya ladies feel like my cycle has come around so fast, I’m having Intralipids tomorrow and then transfer is next week,

my period was so early it’s messed up me being able to have hydroxychloroquine in my system for 4 weeks it’s gonna be 3 weeks when the transfer occurs - I’m using a pgt tested embryo this time I’m very nervy hopefully by time of implantation if occurs the meds will do their job.

hope everyone is ok and getting on well

JandL2020 · 09/02/2024 08:26

@Lianne32 best of luck 🍀 xx

Lily1990 · 09/02/2024 10:52

Hello ladies I had my scan and all was ok 🥲🥲🥲 baby measuring at 10 weeks 6 days and the heart rate was 164 🙏🙏🙏 so maybe she counted wrong before or it just fluctuates. So so relieved and grateful though! Thank you for your support xx

jchars7 · 09/02/2024 11:28

@Lily1990 this is amazing news. I am so so happy for you I could actually cry. Have a wonderful weekend xxx

Lily1990 · 09/02/2024 13:33

Aww I am touched, thank you so much @jchars7 💗 have a wonderful weekend yourself! xxx

JandL2020 · 09/02/2024 15:25

@Lily1990 best news ever. Been thinking of you today so glad all is well. Xxx

Lily1990 · 09/02/2024 21:31

Aww thank you @JandL2020 really appreciate it! ❤️❤️xx

fleur89 · 13/02/2024 15:13

@Lily1990 such amazing news, I had a feeling the nhs readings were off - their approach to dealing with broken equipment sounded ridiculous. Very happy for you! I also haven't told anyone besides my sister (a doctor) and best friend. I am mostly trying to block things out so I don't overthink or get my hopes up. I'll tell a select few at 12 weeks but there will be no social media announcements.

Actually ended up having a scan today at 10 weeks on the dot as got the NIPT test done locally in London. 3-5 day turnaround, which is better than CRP and I could go today rather than waiting until my next CRP appointment on Friday. All is looking good on the scan, just need to pray we make the 12 week milestone next 🙏

Lily1990 · 14/02/2024 11:54

@fleur89 thank you! So glad all is looking good at your 10 week scan too. Fantastic you had the NIPT done locally with a 3-5 day turnaround. I am keeping everything crossed for good results for you. Will you find out the baby's sex too?

We had a scan on Monday at CRP (all good too thankfully and was measuring 11 weeks 4 days 🙏). We decided not to have the NIPT there as our 12 week NHS scan is at the King's Fetal Medicine Unit and I read that they do the NIPT test there if the nuchal scan shows any abnormalities. We will be so nervous for that appointment as 2 years ago we attended our 12 week scan there and found a MMC where the baby died at 8.5 weeks. So feels very traumatic going back to the same place with such awful memories. But we are praying this time it will be different and things have looked positive so far. It's on Monday so only a few days to wait.

I know what you mean about trying to block things out - I was like that but in the last week I have started to have hope this may work out. Which feels very scary as I'm starting to feel attached to the baby now and invested. Xxx

Sprinkleofbabydust · 19/02/2024 20:21

Hi all, hope you’re all doing well. We’re about to start on the complex plan via CRP. We are going to try naturally for the first month and if not IVF. Does anyone have any helpful tips which they learnt along the way? In terms of starting progesterone at time of ovulation did you start straight away? Thank you x

fleur89 · 19/02/2024 20:27

@Lily1990 I hope your scan went well today, I actually changed nhs hospitals as couldn't face going back to the one that dealt with my MMCs, I totally understand how you feel and I hope your nerves settled on the day. Really hope things are continuing to work out. Our 12 week scan is next Monday 🙏

We received NIPT results back on Friday and all was low risk - it's a boy! So hopefully if things progress well we will have one of each come September. So glad to have received results within 3 days so I didn't have to wait over the weekend.

I feel the same way after receiving the NIPT results, wishing and hoping things continue well for the both of us xxx

fleur89 · 19/02/2024 20:29

@Sprinkleofbabydust wishing you all the best on your journey and hope this cycle goes well for you. I started taking progesterone from confirmed ovulation tracked with a bbt spike. I reckon I was 2dpo when I started taking it as my temperature rises over 2 days post-ovulation rather than spiking immediately. Hope this helps!

Sprinkleofbabydust · 19/02/2024 21:37

Thanks so much @fleur89 so glad things are progressing well for you! And congrats on the NIPT results must be such a relief xx

Lily1990 · 20/02/2024 19:12

Thank you @fleur89 my 12 week scan fortunately went well 🙏🥹 can’t believe it! It feels totally surreal but amazing. We hadn’t allowed ourselves to imagine actually having a baby so far - only thought about getting through the next scan - but now we have reached this milestone it feels like this might actually work for us. And it’s so exciting to have some hope at long last!

Congratulations on your NIPT results and amazing you’re having a boy - will be perfect to have one of each! I could see the nub on the scan and I’m sure I’m having a boy too, but I guess I won’t find out for a while still.

I’ll keep everything crossed for your 12 week scan, very reassuring you have your NIPT results already though 😊

@Sprinkleofbabydust good luck for your first cycle 🍀 I also started the Cyclogest around 2 days after I got a positive OPK as didn’t want to start too early. This might be TMI but I also used preseed and the fertilily cup xx

JandL2020 · 20/02/2024 20:38

@Lily1990 fantastic news 😍🥰 I never really understood the nub theory but I thought my crp scanned looked a boy and just had a feeling, and I was right. It wasn’t a shock when dr edge told us both at 14 weeks 😂 It
seems along time ago I used preseed and the cup…I used to be so scared it would get stuck!! If you’re looking for a nice non alcoholic celebratory fizz…then I can recommend “Oddbird rose” available on Amazon. It’s a little expensive, but a nice treat and I feel like these milestones are nice to celebrate 🙂 xx

Lily1990 · 21/02/2024 19:39

Thanks so much @JandL2020 ❤️ and for the rose recommendation, I’ll def order that! What a lovely treat. I’ve also been too scared to buy non alcoholic wine/Prosecco until now as it feels like embracing the pregnancy (and I was weirdly superstitious about doing that!), but I think I def deserve it now ☺️

Same with maternity clothes, my trousers are becoming too tight and uncomfortable and I never know what to wear. So going to order some maternity trousers I think! Any recommendations?

Thats amazing Dr Edge told you it was a boy at 14 weeks, way earlier than I thought was possible! I have a scan with her at 15 weeks so hopefully she’ll tell us then 😬

Hope everything is going well with you? Am I right in thinking you didn’t tell friends and your OH’s family for quite a while? We’ve told close family and a few close friends now but it feels very overwhelming thinking of telling others. Not sure when I’ll feel ready! Xx

JandL2020 · 21/02/2024 20:21

@Lily1990 enjoy it, it is lovely. They also use that wine in cocktails in the French restaurant cote brasserie…delicious!

i have a couple of pairs of these, one in size 18 and size 20. Plenty of stretch and lightweight. I’m 30 weeks now not got the biggest bump and I reckon they will do me until birth and after.

https://www.next.co.uk/g29483s1/M31948#M31948

i also have over the bump jeans from next but these are quite warm so good for colder weather but wouldn’t be suitable for the spring/summer months.

only thing that really doesn’t fit me anymore are my workout leggings. I put them on the other day to do the house work…ouch never again. Do you definitely need maternity ones if going with Lycra/work out ones.

I have these tops from Amazon and are fab good quality.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smallshow-Maternity-Pregnancy-Black-Deep-Green-Teal/dp/B0B8CX8D43/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=WGFRPFG8FV8W&amp%3Bdib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.k4nALyW-lOyDes2yCBsBgpY1FVtnubD7eN3RH20BY9v43FllHIuN011D95AfiH9U6Jmd0GdH1LsFk5FcpohCrrvUUQQlt7lgEQ2R2giLJrcr2wKcIIMfXgPaRef6PuT1wiaUCjOlj1HnVv5cfvgVfYksyyTPLy0bDWoEDlP9iOFOL0tCp4oFkl8RM0eZHq5dcGMOZiWxfYHwOUQr-A6_K9fH-Hd1TUd_jNHZcC0ELjQusSalJzDXvRHCBjy-TbT2llrZfP-Kd7z-aB45RGHgqgxFz9yq_kwPep0v0Ur6M-A.iMH1l94vpgR5tDfBrcZGmHDwKnQ5py8K1UtfukaUQYs&amp%3Bdib_tag=se&amp%3Bkeywords=smallshow%20nursing%20top&amp%3Bqid=1708546602&amp%3Bsprefix=smallshow%2Caps%2C261&amp%3Bsr=8-1-spons&amp%3Bsp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&amp%3Bpsc=1&tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

my close friends/mum dad knew from start, but didn’t tell my sister until after 12 weeks and my other half family/work until after 20 weeks. I’m glad we waited. Could have got away with waiting longer as I wasn’t showing at all. Do what feels right for you and your partner xx

Buy Bleach Blue Jersey Denim Leggings from the Next UK online shop

Shop for Bleach Blue Jersey Denim Leggings at Next.co.uk. Next day delivery and free returns to store. 1000s of products online. Buy Bleach Blue Jersey Denim Leggings now!

https://www.next.co.uk/g29483s1/M31948#M31948

MeganBistram · 22/02/2024 13:11

Hi Ladies,
I have been following in the background and it’s so lovely to see everyone’s amazing news and things progressing well :)

I thought I would update you all. My little miracle Max was born on the 11th of Feb at 39 +2 7lb 2oz after a relatively quick labour ( extremely long induction process but only because the hospital was full )

I would love to say it was a dream but my anxiety carried on the whole pregnancy and I was very triggered in labour by any changes in the heart rate. However he came very safely and I was very supported throughout 🥰

Max is loving his time with his big brother and is being very kind to me and letting me get some sleep.

i truely wish you all well on your journeys

@JandL2020 @KatyTTC @Lily1990 @whatsgoingon22 @Hope646

JandL2020 · 22/02/2024 14:18

@MeganBistram awww this is fantastic news, congratulations 🥳
xxxxxxxx

jchars7 · 22/02/2024 16:24

@MeganBistram huge congratulations! 💙

Lianne32 · 22/02/2024 16:48

Congratulations xxx

Hiya ladies - I’m 6dp5dt and have tested it’s a negative so I think I’m out, I’ve literally tried everything now - pgt tested aswell. does anyone have any advice please! I’ve always had positives show up by now x

JandL2020 · 22/02/2024 18:22

@Lianne32 was it FET or frozen? I’ve only tested positive 9 days past. My clinic say not to test until 11 days. 6 days is very early still. My lines at 9 days were faint with first response tests so at 6 days definitely wouldn’t show. When is your otd? X

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.