Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

8th Dec 6pm press conference

PurpleDaisies · 08/12/2021 17:14

Whitty
Vallance
Johnson

I wonder what they’ll say.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Echobelly · 08/12/2021 17:44

Plan B, aka what anyone who is able to do is probably doing already, namely WFH.

Please
or

SivvyPlath · 08/12/2021 17:44

@ElectraBlue

I am done.

I am no longer listening to these clowns or following any further restrictions.

Had my 3 vaccines, will keep sanitised my hands but I no longer believe a single word that Johnson says.

We have to live with this virus. Lockdowns don't work, the economy can't sustain any more lockdowns.

Enough of this joke. There is still no evidence that the new variant is in any way more deadly, just the opposite in fact.

Another one that agrees.

My December will go ahead as normal.
Please
or

manolantern · 08/12/2021 17:46

SAY MY NAME!!

8th Dec 6pm press conference
Please
or

Suranjeep · 08/12/2021 17:46

Yeah I’m done with all this now

We need a way of opting out of life like we can do with our pets when suffering becomes too much.

Please
or

toomuchlaundry · 08/12/2021 17:46

Remember your actions can harm others. I know the Government don’t care about other people but I don’t want to stoop to their level.

If cases are rising it’s going to impact anyone who needs hospital treatment not just COVID patients. Not just because we don’t have the beds but staff will be off sick. I’m not going to stick two fingers at the Government and risk my elderly mum’s health. More cases will mean visiting restrictions in care homes, something else I wouldn’t want.

Boris can do one but unfortunately COVID isn’t going away and we need to keep cases at a reasonable level so we can live with it, but we are not there yet

Please
or

DrCoconut · 08/12/2021 17:46

He needs to deflect attention away from partygate urgently. Anything will do really. Funny how we have a new variant just before Christmas. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I don't trust this lot.

Please
or

Againstmachine · 08/12/2021 17:47

Work from home and covid passes. It's not a catastrophe. No one will pay attention to household limits so that's a no go. Not schools yet.

Covid passports are a two their society so yes it is a catastrophe.

Please
or

EnnAndJay · 08/12/2021 17:49

I hope those of you who fought against low-level measures over the summer and autumn are happy.

Enjoy your last minute Zoom Christmases.

Please
or

Suranjeep · 08/12/2021 17:49

Work from home with no furlough schemes for affected business (like shops, cafes, etc that rely on commuters) will put people out of work.

Please
or

SivvyPlath · 08/12/2021 17:50

Enjoy your last minute Zoom Christmases

Not going to happen.

Please
or

Watapalava · 08/12/2021 17:50

Ennandjay

Ill be having a massive family christmas whether its in the rules or not. Like i did last year too

Please
or

Summersdreaming · 08/12/2021 17:51

He can stick his restrictions up his arse, frankly.

Please
or

frazzledali · 08/12/2021 17:51

@ElectraBlue

I am done.

I am no longer listening to these clowns or following any further restrictions.

Had my 3 vaccines, will keep sanitised my hands but I no longer believe a single word that Johnson says.

We have to live with this virus. Lockdowns don't work, the economy can't sustain any more lockdowns.

Enough of this joke. There is still no evidence that the new variant is in any way more deadly, just the opposite in fact.

amazing that you've managed to get hold of this evidence. Could you post it here for us all to see? The actual evidence?
Please
or

Welcomebacksummer · 08/12/2021 17:51

@Summersdreaming

🙌🏻
Please
or

XenoBitch · 08/12/2021 17:52

@EnnAndJay

I hope those of you who fought against low-level measures over the summer and autumn are happy.

Enjoy your last minute Zoom Christmases.

What is Zoom? I see people in person, just like I will be doing this xmas.
Please
or

Drumshambo · 08/12/2021 17:53

Witty and violence are a fucking disgrace. I can't believe they are still prepared to share a platform with the lying sack of shit!

Please
or

BonnyBoy · 08/12/2021 17:53

@Watapalava

Ennandjay

Ill be having a massive family christmas whether its in the rules or not. Like i did last year too

This year I can understand but last year??!!!

You don't really care about others do you Sad
Please
or

Waxonwaxoff0 · 08/12/2021 17:53

@PicsInRed

Will they leave schools alone do we think?

Of course they will. Things would have to be dire before schools are affected. It will be Plan B. WFH, mask mandates and Covid passports.
Please
or

Drumshambo · 08/12/2021 17:54

Valence even!!

Please
or

the80sweregreat · 08/12/2021 17:54

@Summersdreaming

It's certainly big enough !
Please
or

hotfroth · 08/12/2021 17:56

MIL is coming to us for Christmas no matter what. She's 97. She can't spend a second Christmas alone.

Please
or

Jacketpotato84 · 08/12/2021 17:56

I remember when they left pubs open but schools had to close that was the worst bit for me.
Clubs and pubs to close before schools anyway!!

Please
or

HereComesTheSun12 · 08/12/2021 17:57

I'm done too. Nothing that's been leaked tonight will have any real impact, it's just a way of getting his Christmas party off the front pages. If people can work from home they already are. If people were going to cancel Christmas parties etc, they already have. Only other logic behind tonight is that things are about to get worse and this is his shot over the bows.

Please
or

EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 08/12/2021 17:58

Neh, obviously he can close where ever he likes which will stop me going for meals and the pub but I'm not staying away from friends and family. I've had enough of that

Please
or

BiscuitLover3679 · 08/12/2021 17:58

But plan B is basically nothing? The people who want to wear masks and can swing working from home.. do! Those who don't want to will get around it. 🤷‍♀️ All pointless.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.