Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

8th Dec 6pm press conference

PurpleDaisies · 08/12/2021 17:14

Whitty
Vallance
Johnson

I wonder what theyโ€™ll say.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PrincessNutNuts · 08/12/2021 17:28

@the80sweregreat

Boris Johnson on Plan B:
World beating vaccines and boosters
Get a booster
Err.. don't have any parties .

British public

Get stuffed !

"Do one" is trending on Twitter.
Please
or

minitree · 08/12/2021 17:28

@ZippyZap

Boris to resign ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽŠ now there's a party worth breaking rules for!!

Every. Single. Thread.
Please
or

Welcomebacksummer · 08/12/2021 17:28

@ZippyZap

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Please
or

LivinLaVidaLoki · 08/12/2021 17:29

@ZippyZap

I'll bring the wine and cheese ๐Ÿง€
Please
or

churchofthepoisonmind · 08/12/2021 17:29

Definitely won't be vaccine passports as they are just a conspiracy theory aren't they?

Please
or

NinaProudman2022 · 08/12/2021 17:30

I have just looked on the TV guide and the 6pm press conference is still not appearing. Maybe they want to keep it quietโ€ฆ..!

Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 08/12/2021 17:30

Maybe he's going to announce his resignation??

Please
or

LivinLaVidaLoki · 08/12/2021 17:31

@NinaProudman2022

I have just looked on the TV guide and the 6pm press conference is still not appearing. Maybe they want to keep it quietโ€ฆ..!

Just got a notification on my bbc news app saying its due to start soon.
Please
or

ElectraBlue · 08/12/2021 17:31

I am done.

I am no longer listening to these clowns or following any further restrictions.

Had my 3 vaccines, will keep sanitised my hands but I no longer believe a single word that Johnson says.

We have to live with this virus. Lockdowns don't work, the economy can't sustain any more lockdowns.

Enough of this joke. There is still no evidence that the new variant is in any way more deadly, just the opposite in fact.

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 08/12/2021 17:31

He won't resign from a stage with Whitty and Vallence, it will be purely Covid related.

Please
or

LivinLaVidaLoki · 08/12/2021 17:33

@ElectraBlue

I am done.

Had my 3 vaccines, will keep sanitised my hands but I no longer believe a single word that Johnson says.

We have to live with this virus. Lockdowns don't work, the economy can't sustain any more lockdowns.

Enough of this joke. There is still no evidence that the new variant is in any way more deadly, just the opposite in fact.

This. Sums up exactly how I feel too.
Please
or

TomAllenWife · 08/12/2021 17:34

Big concerts already postponed in wales today

Please
or

Drumshambo · 08/12/2021 17:35

Nothing much, I imagne. Just wfh if you can, and maybe covid passports for restaurants pubs etc.. Mind you, they have that in Wales and it"s made no difference. If he tries to impose any restrictions on household mixing or similar the public will laugh in his face.- especially after all the party shit.

Please
or

Againstmachine · 08/12/2021 17:36

And what the hell are Whitty and Vallance doing still standing by him? Will one of them grow a backbone and call the liars out?

Well whitty and Vallance are liars too so in good company.

Please
or

Undisclosedlocation · 08/12/2021 17:36

@ElectraBlue

I am done.

This 100%.
They can force things shut and hamper me that way, but they have completely lost my voluntary compliance.
Please
or

Welcomebacksummer · 08/12/2021 17:36

@ElectraBlue

I am done.

I am furious. How can the Prime Minister - the leader of our country- seriously expect the country to obey after his antics last year? The December which was miserable, we were banned from seeing our families and friends and told we could not have Christmas with our loved ones- all the while he was having cheese and wine nights? He can get fucked.
Please
or

Sunflowersinthewind · 08/12/2021 17:37

It will be "I am sorry but not sorry and yes of course we will investigate but that scapegoat has resigned and anyway, Plan B! Look we are a serious government doing serious things so stop talking about anything else".

Please
or

PestoPlum · 08/12/2021 17:37

@ElectraBlue

I am done.

Totally agree.
I am done and Boris can do one.
Please
or

LivinLaVidaLoki · 08/12/2021 17:40

As an aside wasn't everyone sure a plan b announcement was happening last time

Please
or

MarshaBradyo · 08/12/2021 17:40

I still thought they had to be voted in by MPs

Please
or

Silversun83 · 08/12/2021 17:41

@LivinLaVidaLoki

Given that omicron isn't so far causing a surge in hospital admissions and the people in hospital is fairly stable.
That they said the review was in 3 weeks and not 2 and the huge publicity around the video. Is it not possible that todays presser is about addressing that? Much like they did with Hancock and Cummings?
If they said that we are far away from plan b two weeks ago then how are we at it now?
I think given the above and the publicity around the parties - plural - that they had last year most people would find more restrictions tonight to be a complete piss take from a bunch of lying, hypocritical arseholes.

But don't forget that time moves very differently in Covid world. In the past, it's always been "We are not currently planning on introducing XX measure.. We will be keeping a close eye on the situation." And then two days later, it's on the cards ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
Please
or

NinaProudman2022 · 08/12/2021 17:41

Thanks @PurpleDaisiesLivinLaVidaLoki

Please
or

NinaProudman2022 · 08/12/2021 17:42

Is it BBC1 in place of the news

Please
or

hopeishere · 08/12/2021 17:43

Work from home and covid passes. It's not a catastrophe. No one will pay attention to household limits so that's a no go. Not schools yet.

Full lockdown would cost a fortune so also unlikely.

A doc told me that covid would be an issue for five years so we need to refine all these strategies constantly.

Please
or

musicalfrog · 08/12/2021 17:43

They can't afford any more furlough so guessing they won't close shops and hospitality this time ๐Ÿคž

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.