Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

8 year old up till 4.30 am is unreasonable?

357 replies

keepsane · 26/06/2022 12:07

Just picked up my 8 year old DD from a sleepover at her friend from schools house and it turns out she and her friend were up until 4.30 am. The mum came into the room and said it was time to calm down and go to sleep...at 4.30 am!!

I'm really unhappy, in what world is letting 8 year old girls stay awake till that time unaccompanied may I add as the mum was in her bed, okay? 12 am - fair enough, maybe 1 am at a push if excited but 4.30 am is ridiculous and my DD is knackered.

I don't know whether to text the mum. She certainly won't be back there for a sleepover. AIBU?

OP posts:
Please
or

nokidshere · 28/06/2022 00:42

Dear god what a load of nonsense.

Bar telling them lights out and quiet there's not much you can do if they stay awake playing or chatting. No 8yr old is going to be traumatised from one late night! Just early bed the next day. If you have something on that they need to be alert for then say no thank you to a sleepover the night before.

As for punishing your daughter, words fail me.

Please
or

Changemaname1 · 28/06/2022 21:12

Please
or

Sleepingsatellite1 · 28/06/2022 21:28

keepsane · 26/06/2022 12:11

No they were no dads present as she is a single mum. It just wouldn't have been allowed at my house. When my DD has had sleepovers they are always in bed at reasonable hour

Are you 100% sure that they are asleep, being in bed at a reasonable hour doesn’t mean much when it comes to sleepovers

Please
or

HereIAmBrainTheSizeOfAPlanet · 28/06/2022 21:40

Changemaname1 · 28/06/2022 21:12

Well done op, you've got your 15 minutes of fame! All your under bridge mates will be jealous.

Please
or

inhellyesterday · 28/06/2022 21:41

@HereIAmBrainTheSizeOfAPlanet thanks hunni darling 😉

Please
or

SunflowerGardens · 28/06/2022 21:42

We used to sit up all night watching Nightmare on Elm Street at sleepovers Confused

Please
or

ThinkAboutItTomorrow · 29/06/2022 12:37

SunflowerGardens · 28/06/2022 21:42

We used to sit up all night watching Nightmare on Elm Street at sleepovers Confused

When you were 8?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?