Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To think that really pyjamas should be washed after every wear?

scaryclown · 31/08/2017 20:26

Not that I do it!
But they are worn next to the skin for 8 hours and I'd wash anything else worn like that..

What do you think?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Scoobydoobydont · 31/08/2017 20:27

I think anyone who washes pjs every time they are worn doesn't have enough to do nor care much for the environment.

Please
or

Whisky2014 · 31/08/2017 20:27

I agree but I don't do it either :)

Please
or

TroysMammy · 31/08/2017 20:27

Should I change my bedding daily as I sleep naked?

Please
or

OliviaTheFox · 31/08/2017 20:28

I kinda agree but still wear mine for a week.

Please
or

RatOnnaStick · 31/08/2017 20:28

Waiting for the poo crumbs brigade to arrive and swoon...

Please
or

theaveragewife · 31/08/2017 20:28

I wash my pjs every time I wear them Confused I don't wear underwear with them so would feel like I was wearing a pair of pants twice.

Please
or

theaveragewife · 31/08/2017 20:29

I am not part of the poo crumb brigade...though they do sound fun 😂

Please
or

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen · 31/08/2017 20:30

I wash my night wear after every wear. I care about the environment and I also have plenty to do thank you.

Please
or

LaurieFairyCake · 31/08/2017 20:31

I put my nightdress/pyjamas in the wash every day

I do one load of washing a week for me. My environmental impact is low.

Please
or

cardibach · 31/08/2017 20:31

I don't. And wouldn't necessarily watch anything else (except underwear) that I'd worn for a day either. I do wear underwear with them though.
Some MN-ers washing habits completely leave me Shock Won't someone think of the environment?

Please
or

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad · 31/08/2017 20:31

Gawd - utterly ridiculous and wasteful to wash pjs after every wear - the world (the privileged western one) has gone mad with hygiene.

Please
or

cardibach · 31/08/2017 20:32

Dame what form does your care for the environment take?

Please
or

SalamiSandwich · 31/08/2017 20:33

I wash mine when I remember.

Please
or

cardibach · 31/08/2017 20:33

Laurie 7 pairs of pjs must be close to a load. Don't you wash any other clothes? Towels? Bedding?

Please
or

feeelingbad · 31/08/2017 20:33

Putting something in the wash basket is hardly going to keep you busy to the point you can't possibly fit anything else in Hmm

People sweat in bed, and many will go to bed without washing as they shower in the mornings, so that is enough reason for me to wash pjs after one night.

There are worse things affecting the environment than a few nighties being washed 🙄

Please
or

dementedma · 31/08/2017 20:34

oooh, a laundry thread. Get ready for neurotics versus mingers...

I'm with the mingers. I don't have the time, energy or desire to launder 5 pairs of pjs every night. That would be...35 pairs of pjs a week!!!
We don't own that many pairs!

Please
or

specialsubject · 31/08/2017 20:34

An evening bath or shower is a much better idea. Generally we get sweaty and dirty during the day, so it makes sense to wash after that.

Please
or

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen · 31/08/2017 20:35

Dame what form does your care for the environment take?

I need new nightwear every night. Doesn't mean I don't care about the environment. I wouldn't wash them if I didn't need to.

Please
or

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen · 31/08/2017 20:36

There are worse things affecting the environment than a few nighties being washed yes quite Hmm

Please
or

hellokittymania · 31/08/2017 20:36

Since I love pajamas and have quite a few pairs, I do wash mine after I wear them. But since you also wear them as your day clothes in Vietnam, example if you want to go to the market, you can go in your pajamas, I often wear them as my day clothes at home in the UK . So I wash them frequently.

Please
or

BreakfastAtSquiffanys · 31/08/2017 20:36

My pjs don't get washed after one wear, but I get washed after wearing them, so I think that's ok

Please
or

Rinkydinkypink · 31/08/2017 20:37

Shower every morning and night. Clean PJ's every night (or naked). Clean sheets every week.

I'm busy, I care about the environment. I just don't feel clean otherwise and it bothers me.

Please
or

LaurieFairyCake · 31/08/2017 20:38

cardibach - not close to a load. I wear very thin jersey nighties and pj's. All my dresses are very thin jersey too. Only one load a week.

I don't wash towels for weeks. I think people prioritise differently - there are people on here who wash towels after every wash Shock
Who wash bedding every two days Shock

Please
or

CaptWentworth · 31/08/2017 20:38

If you care about the effects of doing too much laundry on the environment, why do you wear pyjamas at all?

I wash nightwear after every wear.

I am not a member of the poo crumbs brigade. I just don't like wearing something that has been that close to my bare bum for more than one night.

Please
or

Mamabear4180 · 31/08/2017 20:39

I wash after every wear but don't wear underwear with them. On holiday I can make 2 pairs of pyjamas last a week and just pack extra pants but at home I prefer to go commando.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.