Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To find James O'Brien LBC presenter a condescending twat

205 replies

Movingout · 29/05/2013 10:36

Am I the only one that finds LBC radio presenter James O'Brien infuriating. Whilst he has the face for radio he does not have the voice; but worse, I hate the way he patronises callers that are obviously less educated and less articulate than he is. He sounds like a patronising bully and it makes for uncomfortable listening. Unlike Nick Ferarri he has zero charisma.

OP posts:

Microbe · 20/03/2023 10:52

Ditto ~ I wasn't aware I was still a member of Mumsnet until this 10yr old thread turned up. What's goin' on?

Bluelupin · 20/03/2023 11:43

He is still an insufferable knob 10 yrs on. Now on the wrong side of the argument around women and single sex spaces. I won't forget the time he got very angry with Posie Parker aka Kellie Jay Keen for saying she wouldn't want him in the changing room next to her daughter with a curtain for separation. I think it was 3 yrs ago. Hasn't aged well at all and reveals he is so desperate push his progressive views, he fails to realise he behaving like the reactionary sexist.

GasPanic · 20/03/2023 11:56

When I have heard him he just seems to snowball people, probably because he does this for a living and has plenty of practice, better prepared than the people that call in plus he has the microphone and the ability to turn people on and off.

I suspect there is a very strong correlation between people that like him and people that agree with his views.

limitedperiodonly · 20/03/2023 18:36

Bluelupin · 20/03/2023 11:43

He is still an insufferable knob 10 yrs on. Now on the wrong side of the argument around women and single sex spaces. I won't forget the time he got very angry with Posie Parker aka Kellie Jay Keen for saying she wouldn't want him in the changing room next to her daughter with a curtain for separation. I think it was 3 yrs ago. Hasn't aged well at all and reveals he is so desperate push his progressive views, he fails to realise he behaving like the reactionary sexist.

I listened to exactly the same broadcast. When he was sneering about "what do you think I would do to you?" I was yelling at the radio: "I don't know. That's the point." He might as well have said: "You're too ugly to rape" which is what all men like him resort to when they're losing. That and "time of the month".

He tripped her up which I'm surprised at now I know her better - I didn't know who she was then. But he had the advantage and he wouldn't try the same thing again. She has invited him but as far as I know he's ignored her.

Fucking woke bro coward like Billy Bragg.

Movingout · 30/04/2023 09:25

10 years on and I still feel the same way about JOB. However, I am so pleased that LBC have ditched Steve Allen, he was truly unkind, a horrible, mean bully and unbelievably thick, how did he ever last for 40+ years?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?