justasking111 · 09/10/2022 10:35

All set onward and upward friends

OP posts:

JenniferBooth · 15/03/2023 14:01

JenniferBooth · 15/03/2023 14:31

Private Eye seems to find those WhatsApps funny

justasking111 · 15/03/2023 14:52

CoffeeWithCheese · 15/03/2023 13:46

My dissertation must be bloody terrifying then - I got so sick of the behaviour on here that I wrote it to try to tell of the impact on some of the kids of it all... and it was only the toxicity of the behaviour that kept me going through some of the dark bits of the degree and wanting to have the kids' Covid stories heard... so I guess I thank the bastards for the first class dissertation, first class degree and job in the end.

Congratulations on your first and the job ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ

OP posts:

ISaySteadyOn · 15/03/2023 14:57

Yes, @CoffeeWithCheese , congratulations for all your accomplishments!

MopeyDopey · 15/03/2023 15:22

CoffeeWithCheese · 15/03/2023 13:46

My dissertation must be bloody terrifying then - I got so sick of the behaviour on here that I wrote it to try to tell of the impact on some of the kids of it all... and it was only the toxicity of the behaviour that kept me going through some of the dark bits of the degree and wanting to have the kids' Covid stories heard... so I guess I thank the bastards for the first class dissertation, first class degree and job in the end.

Congratulations on everything! Yay for moving! I'm meant to do that...date tbc...

Will your work be publicly available? I imagine it will be very useful. I'd like to thank you, and all others, who did this kind of work and research, very much needed.

EmmaEmerald · 15/03/2023 17:36

I have been letting a poster irritate me all day. Silly, I know. I've been waiting in for a tradesman at mum's and I'm really bad at doing constructive things while waiting.

on the plus side, he was really gorgeous!

Those WA messages haven't had even a quarter of the impact I was expecting.
I don't know what people are thinking - they can't face any more?
the inquiry is ages away isn't it - I don't know that it's worth paying for, it will just be a whitewash.

MichaelAndEagle · 15/03/2023 17:51

I don't know what people are thinking - they can't face any more?

I think it is exactly this.

JenniferBooth · 15/03/2023 20:17

Ive bought Private Eye They have done something on the lockdown files They have also ripped into Isabel Oakeshott. Havent had chance to read it properly yet. Its the first time ive bought it for ages.

MxEWeatherwax · 15/03/2023 21:41

I canโ€™t believe it was 3 years ago!
I keep hoping to wake up/shower scene like Dallas.
My DM still barely leaves the house and her depression medication has been doubled.
I will never forget, never.

thenightsky · 15/03/2023 21:48

JenniferBooth · 15/03/2023 20:17

Ive bought Private Eye They have done something on the lockdown files They have also ripped into Isabel Oakeshott. Havent had chance to read it properly yet. Its the first time ive bought it for ages.

I don't understand the IO hate. She's done us a favour hasn't she? Or is this like whistleblowing in the NHS... there's a policy saying it is ok, but in reality, that's you fucked.

EmmaEmerald · 15/03/2023 21:52

thenightsky · 15/03/2023 21:48

I don't understand the IO hate. She's done us a favour hasn't she? Or is this like whistleblowing in the NHS... there's a policy saying it is ok, but in reality, that's you fucked.

My thoughts too

I guess people wanted to keep believing in it.

justasking111 · 15/03/2023 22:43

Re the IO hate. OH was fuming, he said that it was confidential and should only have been given to the anticipated public enquiry team who would release it following their findings. Yeah right

I could remove his head from his shoulders sometimes ๐Ÿ™„

OP posts:

JenniferBooth · 15/03/2023 22:50

@justasking111 I responded to someone on Twitter who said the same thing by saying

"Hillsborough enquiry
Grenfell inquiry
Contaminated blood enquiry.
Post Office Horizon enquiry Can you please tell me how many prosecutions AND prison sentences have come from these. Im happy to wait"

And im still waiting for the reply.

EmmaEmerald · 15/03/2023 22:54

justasking111 · 15/03/2023 22:43

Re the IO hate. OH was fuming, he said that it was confidential and should only have been given to the anticipated public enquiry team who would release it following their findings. Yeah right

I could remove his head from his shoulders sometimes ๐Ÿ™„

what's his reasoning, has he said?

justasking111 · 15/03/2023 23:42

EmmaEmerald · 15/03/2023 22:54

what's his reasoning, has he said?

Wittered on about NDA'S like he could ever keep his mouth shut.

OP posts:

EmmaEmerald · 16/03/2023 12:25

I don't get the NDA argument. Even the ICO covers the exception of public interest. With better journalists, we could have avoided the worst of all of it.

CruCru · 16/03/2023 14:40

Congratulations on the move and the job!

JenniferBooth · 17/03/2023 21:46

Congrats @CoffeeWithCheese

JenniferBooth · 18/03/2023 16:31

Rage For the Machine by The Landed.
twitter.com/TheLandedband/status/1636812299561316354?s=20

JenniferBooth · 18/03/2023 16:35

The above is a song about the way we were treated during the lockdowns

CoffeeWithCheese · 18/03/2023 17:04

I think people invested so much in the neo-religion of Covid that they're not ready to face up and admit that they were played by leaders who had fuck all interest in actually following any of the rules they inflicted upon the rest of us. If you start to admit that the new variant Fridays were pretty much designed to scare us back indoors if it looked like a nice weekend and that people might be getting ideas about sitting in their mum's garden... then you might have to admit that the Nightingale "Hospitals" (in inverted commas because they were about as hospitally as my garden shed) were a PR stunt and that they made up rules with numbers pulled out of their arses based on whatever they felt they could get away with at the time... and then you might start to look at the harm the lockdowns caused in terms of social inequality, social cohesion (we no longer have any), a fucked up economy and a cohort of kids whom schools still are struggling with now.

Or as Pratchett described it:
โ€œYOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.โ€

If people don't carry on believing the little lies - that the rule of six was based on any evidence, that clapping did anything to help the NHS, that the virus would see you having a scotch egg with your pint and fuck off away... they would never believe they gave up over two years of their lives and their children's lives (a huge proportion for little people) for a big, shall we say, loss of proportionate thinking (I do not wish to be accused of covid denial thoughtcrime and we know that there are people on here salivating over words and looking up every bit of big sounding legislation they can on Wikipedia at the moment) and a bit of a fuck up in terms of cost-benefit analysis calculations.

justasking111 · 18/03/2023 17:34

It was on here I learnt about nudge theory and Cummings machinations. Now I apply the nudge theory whenever the government come out with any new information.

Wonder where that bastard is now

OP posts:

JenniferBooth · 18/03/2023 17:39

Yes Its nearly three years since his drive to Barnard Castle.

justasking111 · 18/03/2023 17:56

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?