Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Strangest thing you have found embarrassing

ElliotGoss · 20/01/2022 18:37

I was waiting for a friend with a bunch of flowers for her. I found this so embarrassing for some reason! Something about standing on a street with a bunch of flowers. I also find having a baby bump cringe!

OP's posts:
Please
or

user1469130450 · 23/01/2022 21:33

I find the Elton John song 'your song' embarrassing. I always have. I think its to do with the bit about buying a house where we both could live. It makes me cringe for some reason.

Please
or

HollowTalk · 23/01/2022 21:35

@user1469130450 I'm like that with song lyrics, too! When Coldplay sang Yellow I'd be scarlet with embarrassment for them.

Please
or

GrapefruitPink · 23/01/2022 21:36

Walking across a zebra crossing 😂

Please
or

LottieGarbo · 23/01/2022 21:47

When I got engaged, I didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want attention drawn to me even though it was a happy, nice thing! I told someone at work who told everyone else and I spent the whole day scarlet.

Please
or

WeatherwaxOn · 23/01/2022 21:48

@HollowTalk

*@user1469130450* I'm like that with song lyrics, too! When Coldplay sang Yellow I'd be scarlet with embarrassment for them.

I was at a Bill Bailey gig recently and he did a bit of 'Yellow' in Turkish. It was a vast improvement.
Please
or

RedCandyApple · 23/01/2022 21:50

@GrapefruitPink

Walking across a zebra crossing 😂

I hate this too

Also standing at a bus stop, always feel like a loser 😣
Please
or

Sunnysidegold · 23/01/2022 21:51

If you're a pedestrian and then a car comes and waves you on but then you wave them on and it ends up being this silly back and forth. Always scared I will go and then they'll run me over

Please
or

Amandasummers · 23/01/2022 21:52

@GrapefruitPink I’ll trade you having to cross the road when the school lollipop man stops the traffic for me after I’ve dropped the kids! It makes me die!

Please
or

iklboo · 23/01/2022 21:53

When someone lets you across the road and you do that really weird skip / trot / walk instead of just crossing normally Blush.

Please
or

PrincessPaws · 23/01/2022 21:53

Also standing at a bus stop, always feel like a loser 😣

Blame the inbetweeners for that

Please
or

Alfixn · 23/01/2022 21:54

As a child - being smarter than other people. It made my friends like me less. So i used to answer questions wrong on purpose to seem more "normal" and not make my friends mad. I've only just realised this now Shock

Please
or

emsmar · 23/01/2022 21:56

Walking somewhere without a handbag or rucksack. Just feels weird, like where am I going.

Also eating alone, in the car and someone walks past.

Please
or

Junobug · 23/01/2022 21:57

Giving a round of applause at a show, or even just when someone blows candles out. I don't know why. I'm fully aware that I draw more attention to myself by not doing it but it really makes me cringe.

Please
or

Fairylightsongs · 23/01/2022 21:59

Gosh some folks with some significant issues on here. 😰

Please
or

Jacaranda75 · 23/01/2022 21:59

Leaving a cinema when the movie finishes and everyone is leaving. For some reason, I always found this really embarrassing.

Also walking past a busker and worrying that my footsteps will be in time to the music.

Please
or

emsmar · 23/01/2022 22:07

@Jacaranda75

Leaving a cinema when the movie finishes and everyone is leaving. For some reason, I always found this really embarrassing.

Also walking past a busker and worrying that my footsteps will be in time to the music.

😂😂😂
Please
or

MooChops89 · 23/01/2022 22:08

Saying "happy birthday" and "merry Christmas" always make me cringe.

Also speaking my own name out loud

Please
or

hivemindneeded · 23/01/2022 22:08

@HollowTalk

*@user1469130450* I'm like that with song lyrics, too! When Coldplay sang Yellow I'd be scarlet with embarrassment for them.

This really made me laugh. Not sure why! Yellow is a bit, 'Oh, bless you, Chris, love. Do you need help with the lyrics?'
Please
or

GrapefruitPink · 23/01/2022 22:08

😂😂😂 this made me laugh

Please
or

cherrypiepie · 23/01/2022 22:13

This is weird : being seen leaving my house or being seen outside my house eg tidying up the garden at the front (it's only small buffer garden) or having to go to neighbours houses so this years Christmas cards did not get delivered!

Please
or

VeronicaBeccabunga · 23/01/2022 22:22

We were in a restaurant in Budapest and there was a band of musicians going between tables.
I was trying to repel them by sheer mental effort and hissing at my husband 'Don't make eye contact! Don't engage!'
They asked where we were from, I just stared into my lap. He told them, England.

They played 'My bonnie lies over the ocean'.

I clenched my bottom so tight I couldn't poop for a week, blushed, curled up my toes to the point of cramp and wished for the sweet release of death. And then had hysterics and they went away.

Please
or

ElliotGoss · 23/01/2022 22:27

@cherrypiepie

This is weird : being seen leaving my house or being seen outside my house eg tidying up the garden at the front (it's only small buffer garden) or having to go to neighbours houses so this years Christmas cards did not get delivered!

Yes. Weeding my front garden is mega cringe because everyone walking past can see me and my gardening gloves and bag of weeds.
OP's posts:
Please
or

Julia37 · 23/01/2022 22:34

Bumping into someone you know in a supermarket, greeting them and saying goodbye and then seeing them again in various aisles and probably the checkout tills!

Please
or

blahblahx · 23/01/2022 22:37

The awkward walk we all do when we are getting into somebody else's car

Please
or

WhateverHappenedToFayWray · 23/01/2022 22:39

Singing Happy Birthday to people

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.