Talk

Advanced search

Look Fantastic Advent Calendar 2019 Daily Thread

(102 Posts)
happytobemrsg Sat 30-Nov-19 23:00:03

Anyone up for a daily thread??? This is my first beauty advent calendar & I’m super excited. DH is refusing to believe it’s an actual advent calendar since there’s no chocolate inside there’s no pleasing some people

Talisin Sat 30-Nov-19 23:12:50

Oh good, I was afraid I’d have to start a LF thread myself 😄 Very much looking forward to tomorrow’s treat - I had the LF calendar a couple of years back and it was excellent.

LEELULUMPKIN Sun 01-Dec-19 02:02:46

Count me in! I've also started a Liberty daily thread and you will find me on the M&S, and Holland & Barratt one's too. Yes I know I have a problem!

CupoTeap Sun 01-Dec-19 07:38:26

grin was just gonna starting, I normally have a M&S one but wanted a change.

Very happy with my first one, are we having rules on when we say what it is?

Costacoffeeplease Sun 01-Dec-19 09:02:29

Very good start, although I have a lot of these type of things in my stash, I’ll keep it in the box in case I decide to re gift it

blardyfeck Sun 01-Dec-19 09:02:43

I usually have the M&S one too but I've exhausted their beauty range.
Can we talk about it yet?!

blardyfeck Sun 01-Dec-19 09:03:53

Yep, good solid start. Not familiar with the brand but happy

CupoTeap Sun 01-Dec-19 09:22:48

@blardyfeck I think so it's gone 9am!

Plancina Sun 01-Dec-19 09:28:34

I am very pleased with it - is there an embargo on talking about what it is specifically?

LEELULUMPKIN Sun 01-Dec-19 09:35:56

The feeling of the m&S thread is that anything after 7am is OK to say what it is.

I am pleased with mine as it looks a nice product but don't use eyeshadow so am going to put it into my swap/regift pile.

Talisin Sun 01-Dec-19 11:31:48

It was a nice big drawer for day 1 grin and a nice expensive feeling item. I don’t wear eyeshadow all that often but shall give this a go later today.

happytobemrsg Sun 01-Dec-19 12:23:47

Argh I slept in!! Finally opened it & super pleased! I have green eyes so browns & holds are great for me, I just need to google to see if there are any tutorials especially for this pallet.

Definitely ok with people saying what it is after 9am!

happytobemrsg Sun 01-Dec-19 14:12:05

Nice to see you here @Talisin!

problembottom Sun 01-Dec-19 16:57:27

Love the box and the drawers and little description cards, all very luxe. I’m crap at eyeshadow so don’t really wear it but want to get better - I’ll give this a go.

problembottom Sun 01-Dec-19 16:59:51

Not heard of the brand either

Littlepies Sun 01-Dec-19 17:20:24

This is my ideal palette, love the colours- great start. Oh and the large mirror is a big plus too. This was a surprise gift from DH so am feeling very spoilt!!

happytobemrsg Sun 01-Dec-19 17:20:35

Thinking about it... I’m going to start doing regular lash extensions from next week so maybe this one isn’t for me 🤔

Writersblock2 Sun 01-Dec-19 17:21:22

You can still wear eyeshadow with lash extensions. Just clean them properly after. smile

happytobemrsg Sun 01-Dec-19 18:04:10

They are the semi permanent ones which last 2-3 weeks - I’ve read it’s ok if I use a non-oil based makeup remover?

Sammi38 Sun 01-Dec-19 19:09:25

This is a great eye palette. And it does look well made. I don’t usually wear eyeshadow, but I might have a little play.

Bumbl Sun 01-Dec-19 20:47:10

Joining the thread - the palette looks great to me. I have heard of the brand but never had a product from them before.

chloechloe Sun 01-Dec-19 20:57:38

Hello! I’m joining the thread too! I got this as a surprise gift after I’d already treated myself to the Fortnum calendar, but there doesn't seem to be a thread for that. So I thought I’d save that for January and join in the opening chat here!

I’m pleased with day 1 - I have a few palettes which I don’t get round to using at the moment (3 small kids, so little time). But maybe this will give me a push to slap some eyeshadow on too when doing my makeup. There are quite a few shades that look easy to wear and foolproof.

Plancina Mon 02-Dec-19 06:47:11

Anyone else opened day 2 yet? I am quite pleased but I’m not sure if I’ll get much use out of it.

SciFiFan Mon 02-Dec-19 09:22:50

Hi, I’ve opened Day 2. I’m going to try it tomorrow morning and see how it feels.

This is my first beauty advent calendar and so far I’m loving it...so glad I bought it.

LEELULUMPKIN Mon 02-Dec-19 09:39:07

Happier than I was yesterday. I don't wear eyeshadow but do use a lot of hair products so will definitely give this a go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »