Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

MN Vogue Vol. 82

(1000 Posts)
maradesbois Tue 01-May-18 16:28:34

‘I don’t know if I ever chose fashion; it was just there in me’. Phoebe Philo

Following on from here

Everyonelovessparkles Tue 01-May-18 16:35:27

Thanks for the new thread mara

maradesbois Tue 01-May-18 16:37:07

Waiting here for company <taps fingers impatiently>

QueenC in answer to your question on the old thread yes I get that all the time! I think its because I love florals and they don’t photograph as flatteringly as solid dark colour but I still love them and don’t think it makes any difference in the flesh. So in short am sure your top looks great and keep wearing it!

maradesbois Tue 01-May-18 16:38:08

<waves> to Everyone. Am meant to be doing a job application and procrastinating!

OneNightTimeMenaceStrikesBack Tue 01-May-18 16:56:37

thanks for the new thread mara

shopafrolic Tue 01-May-18 17:24:45

Thanks for the new thread and fab quote Mara
I have been dithering over this maxi skirt for a while. I used to have something similar a while back from French Connection which I found useful in summer with a vest top and gigis. Anyway, I got a text for 20% off today so have ordered it for delivery to store for a try. It could be hideously mumsy, not sure...........
I also have my eye on something from Me&em but can't find a code anywhere and really resent the postage costs.

Stokey Tue 01-May-18 18:42:33

Hello, long time, nice shiny new thread.
Hope everyone is well. I don't think I can catch up on a whole thread so will just start anew.

Good luck with the job application Mara they are a pain.

Nice skirt Shop, I have a similar J-Crew one that I wear a lot in summer.

What summer shoes has everyone got lined up? I need something that I can wear to work (ideally on the tube) but are still summery.

Anyone bought any sandals, brogues, loafers recently that they'd recommend?

Dreamqueen Tue 01-May-18 19:17:49

Thank you for new thread Mara.

QueenCornflower Tue 01-May-18 19:31:48

Ooh I love a new thread.
Thanks for the reply mara. I know o shouldn’t let it put me off the top but I also know when I next wear it I’ll just think of that bloody photo. It’s long sleeved so I may just pack it away till next year and let the memory fade!

Love the shape of the skirt shop. I had a black one years ago, worn with a French connection tee and ellessee trainers. Loved that outfit!

kitty I bought a couple of pairs lately, I’ll link in a minute.

one do you follow susie so so on IG? She showed 2 cotton tops today and I thought of you but now can’t remember where they’re from! Primark or new look I think.

QueenCornflower Tue 01-May-18 19:34:01

these ones which are ridiculously comfortable and come in loads of colours

QueenCornflower Tue 01-May-18 19:35:55

and these which I haven’t had chance to wear yet. I’m really in love with this neutral pale pink colour

QueenCornflower Tue 01-May-18 19:37:16

Brogues wise I wear the clarks ones and they’re very comfy too so would be fine for tube/commuting

MarshaBradyo Tue 01-May-18 19:46:45

Thank you for new thread Mara

And the dress love everyone flowers

Back later

OneNightTimeMenaceStrikesBack Tue 01-May-18 19:58:23

no, i don't follow her queenC but can easily look her up, thanks for the tip smile

maradesbois Tue 01-May-18 20:05:16

Finished the application!

One you could maybe try tk maxx too, hit and miss I know but you never know what bargains you may find.

DryWhiteagainW Tue 01-May-18 20:33:55

Thank you Mara for the new thread. 82? Blimey, it’s a long time.....6 year’s I think.
And exciting about the job application. Keep us posted.
QueenC I do trust photos more than mirror tbh (although often bad photos are just down to unfortunate poses or bad lighting). In the mirror I focus on the bad bits, in photos I see myself as a whole iykwim. I bet for you it’s just the photo. If it’s just a head shot you won’t get an idea of the whole “you” .....i bet if it had been full body you’d have loved the top/ necklace etc........hope that makes sense .

DryWhiteagainW Tue 01-May-18 20:34:35

Oh and shop I can totally see you in that skirt. BUY IT!!

MarshaBradyo Wed 02-May-18 15:45:37

Me too Dry - Shop buy buy

Stokey I’ll wear Marant trainers or Lanvin flats as usual

Queenc not the photo

Can someone buy this? I love it but I couldn’t wear it Rixo

MarshaBradyo Wed 02-May-18 15:46:28

They don’t have a model so here’s one <handy>

MarshaBradyo Wed 02-May-18 15:47:48

Everyone thanks for the links on the last thread flowers- the dress has arrived so will see if I need back up!

MarshaBradyo Wed 02-May-18 16:01:09

Shop could be good on your girls trip

Everyonelovessparkles Wed 02-May-18 16:40:36

Pretty blouse marsha. Hope you love the dress.

Have you started your new job yet lib?

Regarding your question on the last thread dry about people in heels, I reckon they wear the heels for the photo for instagram then change into something more comfortable for walking, otherwise they must spend a fortune at the cobblers! 😂. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for what to do when a high heel / stiletto heel becomes scuffed on the actual heel. Can anything be done?

Back to rain here today so the winter coat is still out....

QueenCornflower Wed 02-May-18 17:01:58

It’s been 4 seasons in 1 day here. Torrential rain and freezing this morning and now warm and sunny.
dry I harely ever wear heels. I like them to go out in but I often walk so heels aren’t practical. Only ever wear for daytime for rare things like meet ups with you lot. I meant we really see anyone in heels either.

QueenCornflower Wed 02-May-18 17:03:25

I love this rixo print

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Wed 02-May-18 17:29:37

Thanks mara for shiny new thread!

That Rixo shirt is lovely, their prints are gorgeous but would be way too much on me I think. Come to think of it, I don't own any printed clothes other than spots and stripes.

One so exciting about your holiday. What about H&M for cheap tops, they have quite a bit of cotton and linen if you do a search.

This thread is not accepting new messages.