Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Recently discovered Korean "Italy towels" and they have all but got rid of my keratosis pilaris and severe dry skin

(180 Posts)
KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:04:43

I just wanted to share my event discovery. They are Korean exfoliating product called "Italy Towels" (you can find them on Amazon by searching "Korean Italy Towels" ) which are like a little exfoliating glove but miles better.
I have really terrible dry skin on my arms due to ill health and bright red keratosis pilaris.

I have used them for around a month (after a long bath), along with my regular body lotions and the difference is astonishing. My KP (which was visable from the other side of the room) is all but gone and I no longer have dry skin. The difference they have made to me is incredible, I no longer feel like I have to cover up even in heatwaves.

Just wanted to give them a shout out because they are cheap and really work.

tigercub50 Fri 30-Jun-17 16:11:20

I'm not sure if I have that but I am so self conscious about my upper arms. Always red & patchy. Do you mind my asking how much the towels are?

ImperialBlether Fri 30-Jun-17 16:14:59

Here they are.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:16:41

The ones I bought were £7.50 for a pack of 4. I bought the green ones, there are different colours which I think equate to different strengths but they didn't mention that in the description.

They are about the size of a flannel sewn into a little pocket/glove shape. You have to have a long bath and then scrub at your skin. It doesn't hurt but the amount of stuff (built up product and dead skin) that comes off is remarkable. I have been using it twice a week for a month.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:17:16

Thanks Imperial those are the ones I have.

ShotsFired Fri 30-Jun-17 16:18:19

Are they any better or worse than standard exfoliating gloves like these? (available in all good poundshops, boots, superdrug, ebay etc)

ChardonnaysPrettySister Fri 30-Jun-17 16:18:37

Are they the nylon ones the Body Shop and Muji sell?

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:22:57

They are far better, by a country mile.
I use those in the shower and they do nothing for me whatsoever, they basically just make my shower gel last longer. The Italy Towels are a game changer and believe me I've tried everything for my KP.
They aren't something you use quickly as you need to have a long bath to really soften your skin and then spend 5-10 mins scrubbing (not hard). I'm almost at the point where my skin looks like one of those people who has naturally, beautifully smooth skin.
If I had know there would be such a dramatic difference I would have taken photos.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Fri 30-Jun-17 16:25:48

Oh interesting.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:28:14

www.vogue.com/article/korean-exfoliating-wash-cloth-mitt-dermasuri

BerylStreep Fri 30-Jun-17 16:31:35

Ohh, they look good. DD has KP and it doesn't really bother her, but it bothers me blush

AlistairSim Fri 30-Jun-17 16:35:25

I am such a sucker, I have just bought them.

ECR123 Fri 30-Jun-17 16:39:13

Have just purchased, will report back!

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:52:06

I hope they work as well for you as they do me.

My routine with them goes as follows
Have a quick shower to clean myself
Warm bath for min 30 mins
Get out and pat myself lightly dry
Put a flannel inside the mit and wet it (it gives you something to hold onto)
Then long, sweeping up and down motions all over the body for 10 mins.
Rinse cloth
Quickly rinse body in shower
Sweep up skin shock

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 16:52:52

Apparently you shouldn't use soap with them which is why I have a shower to clean myself first and I don't put anything in the bath water.

ImperialBlether Fri 30-Jun-17 16:57:52

I never have a bath. Wouldn't it work after a shower?

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Fri 30-Jun-17 17:10:30

I don't know Imperial. My friend's mother grew up in Korea and told her it only works if the skin has been soaked and become very soft - I suppose it depends on how soft your skin is after shower.

Hairhorror1 Fri 30-Jun-17 17:13:51

Oh my god, I'm so easily sold to. Just bought some. I don't mind the KP on my arms but my legs really bother me

VintagePerfumista Fri 30-Jun-17 17:23:27

Just getting some for dd too.
She is currently using Ameliorate cream, which has made a definite improvement, but worth a try with these as well.

EnidButton Fri 30-Jun-17 17:47:29

Going straight into my Amazon basket. Love a good bit of scrubby exfoliation.

Eucerin intensive 10% urea body lotion is very good for stubborn KP btw. I use it twice a week. Will be using it after trying these cloths too.

boldlygoingsomewhere Fri 30-Jun-17 17:52:44

This sounds good - I have terrible kp on my arms and legs.

JeffJarrett Fri 30-Jun-17 18:01:31

Agreed! I used to use Salux cloths and saw the Korean Italy cloths on a MN post.

Nothing has ever gotten my skin smoother. You can see it sloughing off, it's amazing. It is time consuming though so I only do it before I tan, I have zero streaks or patches with it.

JennyGreenteeth Fri 30-Jun-17 18:39:06

I'm so easily convinced I've just added some to my amazon basket. Lovely skin in time for summer, thanks op! smile

kalinkafoxtrot45 Fri 30-Jun-17 18:46:07

Just ordered some - will see if it helps my immovable KP!

SquirrelWatcher Fri 30-Jun-17 18:49:20

Adding them to my Amazon basket, my KP seems particularly bad this summer!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: