Talk

Advanced search

SN threads not appearing in active convos

(101 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hazeyjane Fri 11-May-18 06:24:07

Opt in box ticked

Threads still don't appear in active convos

I know you saud you would look into it, but any chance this can be sorted out......I don't think it's just me!

QueenOfQuacks Fri 11-May-18 06:33:02

Same here!

hazeyjane Fri 11-May-18 06:40:25

Ok, so not just me! And I know there were others on the thread about this a while ago. It seems it's been a problem for ages....so Mumsnet, please sort it out!

qwertyuiopy Fri 11-May-18 06:45:01

What are SN threads?

Friolero Fri 11-May-18 06:46:36

It's special needs, qwerty.

I've noticed this too - it's been quite a few weeks since it was raised before but nothing seems to have changed.

megletthesecond Fri 11-May-18 06:49:45

I lost my SN threads 3 years ago. Several people have helped but I've never got it back again. It happened after I deregged after the hacking and my new profile won't link up with SN.
I might have another tinker with it later.

hazeyjane Fri 11-May-18 07:12:32

It's very annoying, because I have tried signing out, and resigning in, making sure my opt in button is ticked...and yes, I know I could go and check the sn boards in topics, but I am exceptionally lazy, so end up not bothering.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it must mean a lot of people who could post, don't.

Samcro Fri 11-May-18 07:29:11

i don't even have an opt in box anymore,

SophieLMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-May-18 17:17:00

Hi all,

So sorry about this! Thanks for your patience. We've been on to tech again, and though it's unlikely to be sorted out before the weekend, we will chase again on Monday and try to get an answer on this as soon as we can flowers

ThumbWitchesAbroad Thu 17-May-18 07:31:58

I thought SN threads were removed from Active convos a long time ago because people who didn't know very much about stuff were coming on and upsetting people - is that not the case then? SN threads were only visible on the SN board.

Samcro Thu 17-May-18 08:19:30

you used to be able to opt in, that way they showed in active.

hazeyjane Thu 17-May-18 20:10:27

Yes, as Samcro says, if you'd opted in, they would appear in active convos like other threads, but for a while now, even if you're opted in, threads don't appear in active convos (which is crap for lazy arses like me....)

WhoKnowsWhereTheW1neGoes Thu 17-May-18 20:24:55

Yes, I've been without them for at least a year and have posted on several threads about it.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 18-May-18 07:22:13

Ah sorry - just exposing my own ignorance there, thank you for telling me.
Sorry it's not working for you all then, that's a bit crap!

hazeyjane Fri 18-May-18 18:37:07

I can see there being a few months (years) worth of threads about this, averaging about 20 posts a thread, and then fizzling out, as none of us have the energy left to be arsed anymore.

It will be a shame for the sn boards though I think

Samcro Fri 18-May-18 19:07:02

Its a shame, and odd that its not been fixed.
I don't actively post on sn now, but if i was able to optin i might see a thread in active where i might be able to add something.

hazeyjane Fri 18-May-18 21:45:11

Yes, I used to post on threads that I felt I could contribute to on the sn boards, when they came up on active convos, but I rarely post there any more.

QueenOfQuacks Sat 19-May-18 17:20:58

Yes come on MNHQ and make them appear again for those who have opted in.

I opted in as soon as I joined MN because I wanted to be aware of what life was like for other people rather than live in a bubble. And now I've had a child who has additional needs I want more than ever to be able to see the threads pop up and join in and support other people where I can.

hazeyjane Tue 22-May-18 07:04:39

Unfortunately I don't think much is going to happen, because every time it has come up, a few of us post, mnhq say, 'we're looking into it'.....then it fizzles out and disappears.

It's a bit of a shame

newroundhere Tue 22-May-18 07:08:16

Giving this a bump because clearly it's an issue that needs fixing.

What's the update @SophieLMumsnet?

hazeyjane Thu 24-May-18 10:49:42

Any movement on this thread yet (apart from the tumbleweed!)

QueenOfQuacks Thu 24-May-18 14:13:45

I've reported the thread in the hope someone remembers to fix it!

Samcro Sat 26-May-18 10:54:40

bumping as I still can't opt in

SophieLMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 26-May-18 12:46:45

SORRY all - thank you for being so patient about this; in all honesty - think this fell down the list somewhat as we've been so busy of late, which is not wonderful of us and we do apologise. I sound like a broken record, but will chase this up again next week flowers

hazeyjane Sat 26-May-18 21:25:22

To be honest I think this has been going on so long, I'm not sure we're on the list!

Now, for some reason, every time I want to go on threads I'm on, I have to log in
......honestly, Mumsnet is getting to be too much like hard work!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: