Talk

Advanced search

Week 6 - Low Carb Bootcamp - we start the second half

(538 Posts)
BIWI Mon 13-Nov-17 07:43:59

Morning all flowers

Here's the spreadsheet of fabulousness for you all

Many thanks to wombattoo and SayrraT for keeping the threads going while I was away.

Lots of people talking about how to deal with future events, especially Christmas, and this is something that's really important to think about. This is a tough time of year for low carbing. But it's also a tough time of year if you can't squeeze into your partywear - so you need to decide which is more important. Those roast potatoes or looking good wink

Good luck everyone

HarlotsWeb Mon 13-Nov-17 07:47:33

BIWI speaks wise words. I had a single roast potato last week and it really wasn't worth it.

HarlotsWeb Mon 13-Nov-17 07:48:08

On Christmas Day, though, I shall luxuriate in them.

HolgerDanske Mon 13-Nov-17 07:55:22

Good morning, and thank you BIWI.

147.4 Please could someone add me to the spreadsheet?

Good luck everyone! flowers

This week there has been a birthday to celebrate and I’ve had a few glasses of prosecco and a few pieces of chocolate. I’m happy with a modest loss.

ponygirlcurtis Mon 13-Nov-17 08:04:25

Checking in with a small loss of 0.5lbs. Happy with that. 😊

This will be my 4th low-carb Christmas and I can honestly say that I won't have roast potatoes and won't miss them. But I was never massively into them so it's easy for me to bypass them. I will have the roast parsnips and the carrot soup however.

Thiswillbemyusername Mon 13-Nov-17 08:07:18

Morning. Just weighed myself and I'm back in the loss zone, yay (2.4lb loss)

I think I may have messed up the calculations in the stones to pounds converter square I'm sorry, could anyone fix this? I'm on my phone and my fat fingers must have got in the way

GailLondon Mon 13-Nov-17 08:08:27

OMG .....so happy today!

10st 13.6 on the scales, its been a long time since i've seen that number on the scales!
Thats 15lb off overall and 8 I think this bootcamp.

Made a lasagna last night using Sainsburys butternut squash slices as the pasta replacement, it was really good!

prettybird Mon 13-Nov-17 08:09:07

Pimmsy - as others have said, after the initial whoosh, a lb a week is good smile

I've written before about how sometimes I'll sigh with the thought I've still got 30lb (less when I wrote that wink) to go and that it's going to take sooooo long. Then I remind myself that I can choose to get there slow and steadily - and stay there - or not at all. A lb a week (and yes, I too enjoy and celebrate the odd 2lb week grin) is healthy . If nothing else, your skin won't keep up with the diminishing you if you lose too much per week.

A wise person on the last Boot Camp (or the maintaining one in between) said that the time taken to achieve a goal that is a long time in the future (the original example in her case had been a degree that her work was encouraging her to do) will still pass whether or not you do it shockgrin

So in my case, with 30lb to go, I can either choose to put the effort into losing c30lb over the next 30 weeks (which on this WoE is not too much of an effort grin) or I can do nothing, get to the target date and bemoan that I'm still heavier than I want to be. I know which I choose!

ASDismynormality Mon 13-Nov-17 08:15:24

201 lbs this morning, so close to the 100s which will is a major goal for me!

JumpingIntoLCHF Mon 13-Nov-17 08:28:19

247 last Monday and this. Please can someone update me? I've really plateaued and probably need to up my exercise levels as well as tighten up my eating.

sos1993 Mon 13-Nov-17 08:31:10

2 lbs loss, so I’m back on target - delightedsmile

ilovecherries Mon 13-Nov-17 08:38:27

0.5 lbs down - seen lower during the week, but this is the one with stickability. The weight loss is lovely, but the shape change is something else. Contours areppearing everywhere! I'm also become really chuffed with what my body is able to do now, that three stone ago I couldn't contemplate. Ran two miles today with only 2x30 walk breaks. And all before I had anything to eat smile

ClearEyesFullHearts Mon 13-Nov-17 08:39:00

Jumping I'd focus more on the eating than increased exercise.

Do you drink all the water for your weight?

Do you post your meals here daily?

Do you eat enough fat and plenty of lower carb vegetables?

Are you doing BC or Light? If it's just a couple of weeks at the same weight I wouldn't call it a plateau, but many things can be adjusted to kickstart loss again.

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 13-Nov-17 08:42:10

Could someone add mine please? 133, thanks v much

Kleptronic Mon 13-Nov-17 08:52:59

I stayed the same this week but I'm not surprised cos my water was shocking.

ClearEyesFullHearts Mon 13-Nov-17 08:56:37

I'm 1.8 down this week, back to 195 after a few rounds of gaining and losing the same couple of pounds.

Revised goal for this BC blush is to get out of 190s. Why can I never poo before a weigh in? angrygrin

Off to drink a gallon of water...

GailLondon Mon 13-Nov-17 08:56:55

Jumping Do you count calories at all? Might be an idea to do it for a day or 2 to see what kind of daily calorie intake you have and give you ideas of areas to tweak

Scabbersley Mon 13-Nov-17 09:17:57

Bloody buggery, back to 12.4 this morning! The pound that wouldn't die! I put it on the week before and I've managed to lose it last week. Annoyingly I need a poo but can't have one!

I am going to put my scales in the shed this week and really really try not to drink alcohol at the weekend. I was 12.2 on Friday.

I think my body wants to be at 12.4 but there is no way in hell I am going to let it.

B: creamy coffee, rasher of bacon, few spoons greek yog
L: green veg microwaved in butter, dollop of bolognaise
D: not sure

Scabbersley Mon 13-Nov-17 09:19:15

Just trying to make myself feel better by thinking thats 8lb in less than 6 weeks which is ok really! And I've not been hungry.

SayrraT Mon 13-Nov-17 09:19:24

I've sts again but I did weigh 3 lbs less yesterday hmm I know what I need to do and I know why I've sts so I just need to get my bum in gear. It's 6 weeks until Christmas, 7 until the new year. I could be half a stone lighter to start 2018.

Scabbersley Mon 13-Nov-17 09:26:22

If I lose at a pound a week, plus give myself a couple of weeks grace (xmas etc) I should be down a stone from here by mid Feb. 11.4. Haven't been that weight for 4 years. And I used to think that was fat! That will mean I will be just a stone heavier than I was 20 years ago. Which I will be so proud of myself for doing if so.

AveAtqueVale Mon 13-Nov-17 09:26:37

Well done everyone!

I’m down 1.4lbs this week which is 13 overall so nearrrrly a stone! Does anyone else find they never ever hit their lowest weight on a Monday morning though?! It’s infuriating!

I was wondering if could pick everyone’s brains though as I’m still slightly concerned I’m losing too fast as I’m breastfeeding DS2 who is 4 months, and every time I have a whoosh I’m sure my supply drops. He’s also got really long and skinny suddenly this week so am going to get him weighed at some point to check he’s just stretching out and hasn’t dropped centipedes, but am wondering if I should try to up my carbs a bit? I’m worried if I start though it will be the slippery slope to cravings which isn’t a problem at the moment. Or does anyone know any good non-carby ways to boost supply? I will try fennel tea but oats is what’s always worked best for me in the past...

TimeIhadaNameChange Mon 13-Nov-17 09:35:01

Forgive me, BIWI, for I have sinned. Or, rather, been led into temptation. There is no way I'll be getting down to 26lbs by Friday unless I spend the next four days on the loo with the runs. Or can find a friendly tapeworm from somewhere. I intended on having a teaspoon's worth of tiramisù last night with lot's of cream, not half the 6-portion entire thing! I will go and say 1 million Hail BIWI's and will take a thousand whips of your stick and my lesson will be learnt! Onwards and downwards!

*Prettybird - thanks for that info on the last thread about exercising in the morning v evening - very interesting. Am wondering if it's related to the news last week that burns received during the day heal much faster than those received during the night...?

DrDiva Mon 13-Nov-17 09:42:10

Good morning everyone!
After a couple of horrific weeks I can now say I am back to my low of 3 weeks ago. So 147. And properly back on the game. (Sorry to hear you have been having a tough time too Wombattoo flowers ) Despite work being the worst it has ever been, and dredging up personal shit while it is. hmm If I could lose another half stone by Xmas that would be awesome. Is it doable?...

I had blueberries and cream for breakfast, have a lovely salad with me for lunch, and a couple of hard boiled eggs for snacks. And will drink water. Is there a level above halo ?

YoLoNovVitMe Mon 13-Nov-17 09:43:13

I am a tiny bit up this week. Not drinking enough water and portion sizes too big and too much 85% chocolate .

Will work hard to rectify it this week.

On a plus point, my trousers are falling down and I have discovered my waist. Shame about the dimply arse cheeks and saggy thighs.

Koko everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now