Talk

Advanced search

Which conspiracy theories do you believe?

(1000 Posts)
Cupofcake Sun 18-Feb-18 15:48:50

Which theories, dismissed by many as conspiracy theories, do you regard as the truth?

Pumpkinisland89 Sun 18-Feb-18 15:51:01

I don't think men walked on the moon.

If we did why haven't we ever been back? There could be so much to learn from it eg rock analysis about when the moon was formed and what the earth was like at the time. I'm not sure we had the technology either although I may be wrong aboit that.

I think it was just a propaganda stunt.

SneakyGremlins Sun 18-Feb-18 15:52:27

I'm not saying I necessarily believe it but it wouldn't be a surprise to me if snapchat/facebook saved the photos you upload for some kind of huge database somewhere.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 18-Feb-18 15:53:20

Roswell.

Army people would know what a weather balloon was....

DorisDangleberry Sun 18-Feb-18 15:53:41

I believe that the government is experimenting on certain individuals by removing parts of their brains and seeing if they can function in society. It seems one of the side effects is these individuals start to believe in any old rubbish conspiracy theory posted on the internet.

Pumpkinisland89 Sun 18-Feb-18 15:54:13

Haha! Doris. 😁

isthismummy Sun 18-Feb-18 15:54:38

I believe the same about the moon landings.

9/11 was an inside job. It looked as fishy as hell when I watched it unfold years ago on the tv and it still stinks today. Those towers were not brought down by a couple of planes!

Backenette Sun 18-Feb-18 15:55:31

There were mirrors left on the moon that you can ping lasers off. We went there.

We haven’t been back because it’s eye wateringly expensive, dangerous and the political will faded as the Cold War petered out.

raindropsandsunshine Sun 18-Feb-18 15:57:16

I too don't believe the moon landings. I also believe there's something weird in Area 51 otherwise why so secretive and why so protected?

I love conspiracy theories, even just to see how other people think.

PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Sun 18-Feb-18 15:57:30

Ooh at last, an interesting thread!

I'm not sure if there's any I actually believe but there's plenty I find interesting.

Denver airport
Moon landings
Marilyn Monroe
Bigfoot grin

BumpKitty Sun 18-Feb-18 15:57:47

There have been six manned missions to the moon.

Backenette Sun 18-Feb-18 15:58:17

Those towers were not brought down by a couple of planes!

They were. Plenty of engineering data shows how.

Now I DO believe that there was far to it politically - mainly Saudi attackers, yet KSA never had any blowback. The political, financial web surrounding it, the intelligence failures before and after, needs more light shedding on it.

MyTerfNeedsRolling Sun 18-Feb-18 15:58:38

I believe that the JFK assassination was part of a bigger plot (possibly FBI) than a 'lone wolf'. Mind you, I've watched the film (the one with Kevin Costner) so many times that perhaps I'm overthinking it smile

Peanutbutterjelly1 Sun 18-Feb-18 16:00:12

This is interesting.

SoleBizzz Sun 18-Feb-18 16:00:34

There was a FB post about the recent school shooting in Florida and posts stating this was a lie. It did not happen. hmm

raindropsandsunshine Sun 18-Feb-18 16:01:36

I do believe certain people were killed as part of a bigger picture - JFK, Princess Diana, even John Lennon, he was fascinating.

raindropsandsunshine Sun 18-Feb-18 16:02:10

@SoleBizzz This happens after every shooting, there is one for sandy hook, also some terrorist attacks.

Viviennemary Sun 18-Feb-18 16:03:00

Death of JKF
Death of Diana
Moon landings
MM
9/11 (maybe)
Fatima

satnc Sun 18-Feb-18 16:03:26

@raindropsandsunshine tell me more about Princess Diana, why do you think that?
I think it's all so interesting!

Dippingmytoesin Sun 18-Feb-18 16:04:19

Sole people also think sandy hook didn’t happen and threaten the families of those that lost their children - most the shooting conspiracy theories are started by arse hole gun lovers

Thesecondtoast Sun 18-Feb-18 16:04:35

I think area 51 is so secretive (but known by the world! )because the US government wants people's attention on it. Over the other end of the country will be a nondescript set of industrial buildings where all the interesting stuff happens.

DorisDangleberry Sun 18-Feb-18 16:05:07

For those that said the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, this link explains how it was done

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4meFC1ee7Q

hatefulgreatful Sun 18-Feb-18 16:05:18

what's fatima

Namechange101110 Sun 18-Feb-18 16:05:51

I love conspiracy theories.

There's a fascinating one doing the rounds at the moment - George Bush Senior was the gunman who killed JFK.
Don't think I believe that but again interesting.

Denver airport is an other odd one.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Sun 18-Feb-18 16:06:01

There have been six manned missions to the moon.

This isn't the place for facts, you big lizard, you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.