Talk

Advanced search

Don't put the phone down on this thread. Treat it with respect. It's the official Trump thread 8

(980 Posts)
amispartacus Thu 02-Feb-17 19:39:09

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2843068-The-official-Trump-thread-Its-true-It-is-No-its-not-The-President-said-it-is

Just to remind you that Trump put the phone down on had a heated conversation with the Australian PM

Has put Iran on notice

Threatened UC Berkeley with withdrawal of funds if they 'promote violence'

Said something about troops and Mexico

Sean Spicer currently lying talking to the press corps

Natsku Thu 02-Feb-17 19:40:14

Placemarking

GingerIvy Thu 02-Feb-17 19:40:47

Lawrence O'DonnellVerified account
*@Lawrence*
Host of @TheLastWord with @Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC.
Following
More
So the man who doesn't know what intelligence is ordered a raid in Yemen without fully evaluating the intelligence. Get used to it.

Roussette Thu 02-Feb-17 19:41:43

Love the title! Thanks ami

woman12345 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:41:46

amispartacusflowers

GingerIvy Thu 02-Feb-17 19:42:14

Wajahat Ali ‏@WajahatAli
Creative Director of @affinislabs; Host/Contributor @HuffingtonPost; Speaker @TheLavinAgency; Writer (*@nytopinion*, @washingtonpost, others).
1m1 minute ago
More
US intelligence told Israeli counterparts not to give too much secret info to Trump. Why? It'll go to Russia...then to Iran. @haaretzcom

GingerIvy Thu 02-Feb-17 19:42:45

This is our very very special thread. It's fantastic.

amispartacus Thu 02-Feb-17 19:43:25

SKYPE Post.

Do you agree with me that this is the best thread so far? I have seen some threads but I am sure, Commander Spicer, that this is the best thread ever?

GingerIvy Thu 02-Feb-17 19:44:01

Mark Warner ‏@MarkWarner
Senior U.S. Senator, Va. Vice Chairman, Intel Committee
22h22 hours ago
More
Intro'd bill to reverse @POTUS reorg of the National Security Council. NSC should be guided by professionals, not political advisers.

originalmavis Thu 02-Feb-17 19:44:04

My poor brain can't process all this shit. I think that's the point isn't it? Bamboozle all and get on with ... Not sure what.

M0stlyHet Thu 02-Feb-17 19:44:46

Mostly placemarking, but also reminding people that Trump's activities at presidential level have encouraged a whole load of copycat nuttiness at state level.

Arkansas outlawing D&E abortions, and allowing putative fathers to sue abortion providers if their women folk step out of line (and out of the kitchen) to have abortions.

South Dakota overturns law to stamp out corruption and bribery. ('Cos remember, we're all about draining the swamp, people, unless it's our swamp and backers are prepared to bung us large amounts of cash in brown envelopes).

cozietoesie Thu 02-Feb-17 19:44:47

Thanks ami.

BerylStreep Thu 02-Feb-17 19:44:52

Phew! I was on leave today with things to do. What have I got done other than reading this thread? As they say in Mexico - Nada.

MockTurtleSoup Thu 02-Feb-17 19:45:43

Marking my place wine thanks for new thread. Hasn't he also threatened war with China? I can't keep up with who he's put on notice sad

OhMrsQ Thu 02-Feb-17 19:46:10

Placemarking.
I wake every morning with hopes of impeachment.

They sold out of 1984 here - it had to be reprinted twice now.

AndHoldTheBun Thu 02-Feb-17 19:46:51

8! Place marking. Thanks

OhMrsQ Thu 02-Feb-17 19:47:18

I'm copying this over from the previous thread, hope you don't mind.

I'm currently on a job with someone who voted trump. He is so happy right now. He is looking forward to the wall, says all the news is fake and HATES planned parenthood.
He must have been brainwashed. That's the only answer. I think he's probably the only person in this city who voted for him.

cozietoesie Thu 02-Feb-17 19:48:18

It's the Good 'Ol Boys' Club, M0stly.

deblet Thu 02-Feb-17 19:49:02

What is planned parenthood?

BestIsWest Thu 02-Feb-17 19:49:02

Just marking place

2017willbeawesome Thu 02-Feb-17 19:49:50

1984 is on Sky Cinema.....coincidence

OhMrsQ Thu 02-Feb-17 19:49:52

deblet its the organisation in the US that provides free health checks for women, birth control and +++SHOCK HORROR+ abortions.

GingerIvy Thu 02-Feb-17 19:50:35

Note - this is UNCONFIRMED. But thought it was interesting.

www.rawstory.com/2017/02/foreign-policy-insider-no-readout-of-trump-putin-call-because-white-house-turned-off-recording/

AndHoldTheBun Thu 02-Feb-17 19:51:45

Planned parenthood- as pp said, although most of what it provides is contraception and associated health checks, abortion is just one part of its services.

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 02-Feb-17 19:51:53

I have to stop reading these threads before bed and NYT and WP as I can't sleep afterwards.

I've just started watching house of cards (fabulous) but it really makes me focus on the terrible people in the White House.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now