Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Let Women Speak Sunday 26th Feb 23

168 replies

EndlessTea · 26/02/2023 13:13

It’s going on now, I started watching when the woman with the suffragette scarf sitting in the wheelchair did her speech. Really moving.

OP posts:
Felix125 · 28/02/2023 18:45

Mmmnotsure

And whataboutery.
Not good faith.

What 'whatabotery' - we are talking about gatherings in parks and its legislation about what people can and can't do.

Or do you think consistency is not important now?

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 18:47

Hooklander · 28/02/2023 16:08

I think we should escape the felix-vortex. It's bloody tedious, for a start.

Its usually when people can't answer the questions i'm asking.

This being a discussion forum.......

EndlessTea · 28/02/2023 18:51

🙄

OP posts:
Fallingirl · 28/02/2023 18:57

I’ve forgotten the rules, are we allowed to post pictures of grey rocks?

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 18:57

Don't mind me, I'm just polishing my rock collection, needs more grey...

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 18:57

Hahaha x post

EndlessTea · 28/02/2023 19:00

Anyway KJKs doc is going live in an hour

OP posts:
Hooklander · 28/02/2023 19:03

EndlessTea · 28/02/2023 19:00

Anyway KJKs doc is going live in an hour

Good, I shall be having a look at it.

Pixiedust1234 · 28/02/2023 19:10

Sorry - its Google.
Its an internet search engine

speakerscornerreference.wordpress.com/information-for-attending-speakers-corner/

I keep going back to this post made by an allegedly intelligent person (surely to be a member of the police you require some intelligence??) as it seems very weirdly written.

Is this person implying we are really so stupid and uneducated with our womanly brains that we cannot possibly understand what/how Internet works...or is he blatantly waving the red rag implying we are so stupid and thick because we keep responding to goady posts.

Either way, my take/personal opinion is this person is allegedly finding it fun to wind us up. How brave and stunning (and not emotionally stunted or sweaty handed) this person is. I also highly doubt they are in the foce too, too much c/p and not enough expanding/discussion on said c/p. It's telling after a while (and I mostly skip their posts due to the boring c/p). It's smothering all discussion by everyone else due to over posting of "facts". Now I just need to remember what other group do this....🤔

EndlessTea · 28/02/2023 19:19

We can all do that..

Police Act 1996

(1)Any person who with intent to deceive impersonates a member of a police force or special constable, or makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he is such a member or constable, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/16/section/90

OP posts:
Mmmnotsure · 28/02/2023 19:21

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 18:45

Mmmnotsure

And whataboutery.
Not good faith.

What 'whatabotery' - we are talking about gatherings in parks and its legislation about what people can and can't do.

Or do you think consistency is not important now?

I think you must know what you are doing here. Otherwise, google is your friend. You may find helpful definitions on t'internet.

VaddaABeetch · 28/02/2023 19:21

Elephants breath grey
stormy sea grey
grey grey greyish grey?

EndlessTea · 28/02/2023 19:24

Prison grey..

Prison porridge grey…

OP posts:
Felix125 · 28/02/2023 19:30

Pixiedust1234

The question asked was 'what did i use to find it'

I used Google - and it is an internet search engine

And I am not winding anyone up - I am asking a question which people on here can't seem to answer about consistency.

And what do they expect police to do when an alleged crime is being reported?

And should that be consistent or not?

Its a straight forward question and its asked on a discussion forum

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 19:40

Elephants breath grey
stormy sea grey
grey grey greyish grey?

Any hue of grey you fancy, just make it grey.

Somanyquestionstoaskaboutthis · 28/02/2023 19:41

I’m not keen on grey, how about sulking room pink rock?

ArabellaScott · 28/02/2023 19:46

dead mouse grey.
grey of the tarmac in a supermarket carpark on a Monday morning in February.
payne's grey

SinnerBoy · 28/02/2023 22:52

So, did they make a statement?

Hmm. So, if the Police see a burglary, do they stand idly by and wait to see if the householder makes a statement?

Yes madam, you were burgled, eh? Come to the station next Tuesday and make a statement. Do you know who did it? We'll get him in for a voluntary interview in June. Oh, you don't know? Ah, then there's been no crime. Good day!

AlisonDonut · 01/03/2023 08:15

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 18:47

Its usually when people can't answer the questions i'm asking.

This being a discussion forum.......

This is a feminist section of a mainly female forum.

You are no feminist. You do not belong here.

We have absolutely zero responsibility to answer your questions. Because you are not the feminist forum police. Although you get off thinking you are.

To find the law you seem to quote a random blog. Which makes you a LARPer.

Felix125 · 01/03/2023 09:11

SinnerBoy

No - because a burglary is not a public order offence.

You don't need to demonstrate harassment, alarm or distress to prove a burglary to a court

Felix125 · 01/03/2023 09:21

AlisonDonut

Still a discussion forum - "...by parents for parents..."
Whatever the subsections are.

And you don't have to answer - its more the point that you can't. This is viewed by more posters than just yourselves

The 'law' I quoted was the first to appear on Google - it just shows that there are mixed guidance for people

SinnerBoy · 01/03/2023 09:24

Or inaccurate rubbish, posted by any old cove, with no checks for accuracy.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 01/03/2023 09:31

The idea that the first thing to appear on Google is necessarily the best source is really quite telling.

AlisonDonut · 01/03/2023 10:17

Felix125 · 01/03/2023 09:21

AlisonDonut

Still a discussion forum - "...by parents for parents..."
Whatever the subsections are.

And you don't have to answer - its more the point that you can't. This is viewed by more posters than just yourselves

The 'law' I quoted was the first to appear on Google - it just shows that there are mixed guidance for people

As I say, LARPing as a police officer who spends all the live long day telling women, on a feminist section of a mostly female forum, that they are wrong.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 01/03/2023 10:26

Who cares whether men like Felix think women on the feminist board "can" answer his bad faith questions and repetitive copy and paste "points" or not? I don't, nor do I care about the views of other misogynists who might be reading. It's just a transparent attempt to tie women up in nonsense to derail from the point of the thread.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.