Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Let Women Speak Sunday 26th Feb 23

168 replies

EndlessTea · 26/02/2023 13:13

It’s going on now, I started watching when the woman with the suffragette scarf sitting in the wheelchair did her speech. Really moving.

OP posts:
OnlyTheWeedsGrow · 27/02/2023 12:18

@Felix125 ah, ok. Thanks.

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:19

GailBlancheViola

What device?

Were the police on scene told about his conditions and any possible breaches?

You can't expect the police at the event having knowledge of possible people attending who might be on licence

It it will depend on what specific licence conditions were given to him. He won't be given a whole list of crimes that he can't do. There are normally only 2-3 conditions on them and usually to do with where he is living.

Pixiedust1234 · 27/02/2023 12:21

Oh ffs, does the sealiion have to post on everything where there's a police presence? Its fucking boring. And kind of ironic he doesn't want women to speak about an event called...drumroll...Let Women Speak.

So proud and grateful to all the women attending this event. You rock!

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/02/2023 12:26

This!

AlisonDonut · 27/02/2023 12:26

Pixiedust1234 · 27/02/2023 12:21

Oh ffs, does the sealiion have to post on everything where there's a police presence? Its fucking boring. And kind of ironic he doesn't want women to speak about an event called...drumroll...Let Women Speak.

Yes he has to come and tell us off - I think he either gets Stonewall points for doing it, or he just gets off on telling women what they see isn't a crime but what they say is.

AlisonDonut · 27/02/2023 12:27

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:19

GailBlancheViola

What device?

Were the police on scene told about his conditions and any possible breaches?

You can't expect the police at the event having knowledge of possible people attending who might be on licence

It it will depend on what specific licence conditions were given to him. He won't be given a whole list of crimes that he can't do. There are normally only 2-3 conditions on them and usually to do with where he is living.

Ha ha so he can do some crimes. But not others.

Oh my days. What it is to have a cock and balls and have different rules. Jesus.

GailBlancheViola · 27/02/2023 12:28

No, but I do expect the Police to challenge someone carrying a sign in public calling for the murder of a well known individual, then perhaps they could so some investigating and find out about said person and their Licence conditions, I know, remarkable to think that the Police would do that isn't it?

Regarding the device said person was using, it was brought to the attention of the Police and the answer was that they know it was illegal but felt if they did anything about it, they would create 'issues'.

Impartial policing? Policing without fear or favour? Yeah, right.

GailBlancheViola · 27/02/2023 12:30

What it is to have a cock and balls and have different rules.

You missed a bit out what it is to have a cock and balls and/or to claim the special status of 'trans' .

SinnerBoy · 27/02/2023 12:45

Felix

Because you will need a complainant to say that they were harassed...

So, if I wander down the high street on a Friday night, chanting, "Kill the Scousers, they're all cunts," you'd have to wait for someone from Liverpool to complain, before detaining me under Section 5?

When did that all change?

BemusedDad · 27/02/2023 13:01

Clymene · 26/02/2023 20:28

These are the incels.

They couldn't buy a fuck. Maybe that's the real reason they turn up to these events.

ExiledElsie · 27/02/2023 13:03

It follows the same process - Call taker who takes the call believes that a crime may have occurred based on the initial call. This gets passed to a crimes desk - who also believe a crime may have occurred and hence it is validated as such under NCRS rules. Dispatcher also believes that this may be a crime, so it is dispatched to a cop.

Cop attends the reporting person and obtains a statement. gathers other evidence (CCTV possibly, other witnesses etc etc)

Cop then arranges an interview with the other party.

I was there, I did phone the police at the time because it was a dangerous situation that was not being controlled properly. The police were warned in advance that threatening men would be at the usually peaceful event.

There were not enough police to protect the women. The angry young men (almost all masked up) were extremely threatening and winding themselves up by chanting "terfs kill kids" and "punch a terf, a fascist bleeds".

Obviously I have no idea who any of these threatening men were. If the police don't actually stop them doing this behaviour at the time what am I supposed to do now? Stop attending? Leave the public space? Keep risking it?

Just a reminder, the speeches are about the safety of women and girls. All we ask is that the words women and girls are only used for women and girls and that female only spaces are exactly that.

I really can't see what is fascist about these demands.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/02/2023 13:04

As the other thread ended on, the police should be able to deal with clear breaches of the public order act (ie things like banners clearly threatening women with violence) without needing a complaint about a named individual.

WickedSerious · 27/02/2023 13:07

I wonder how those children would cope if they bumped into some actual fascists?

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/02/2023 13:11

Eventually I predict the real fascists are going to start turning up kitted out for a fight with these losers, as they were in America for the Wi Spa protests, so it will just be one group of thuggish men against another, with women caught up in a violent brawl. Political protests are often an excuse for a load of violent men to have a scrap with each other, with neither particularly caring about the cause.

Hooklander · 27/02/2023 13:21

SinnerBoy · 27/02/2023 12:45

Felix

Because you will need a complainant to say that they were harassed...

So, if I wander down the high street on a Friday night, chanting, "Kill the Scousers, they're all cunts," you'd have to wait for someone from Liverpool to complain, before detaining me under Section 5?

When did that all change?

It's the reverse Victoria-Brighton shunt. Like Mornington Crescent, but Stonewalled police get to add extra rules outside of normal play.

ExiledElsie · 27/02/2023 16:39

Eventually I predict the real fascists are going to start turning up kitted out for a fight with these losers,

I am worried you are right. It's incredibly frustrating. It's why the police need to do their job properly, before it gets out of hand.

Lilyann60 · 27/02/2023 23:14

Bunch of cowards covering their faces whilst throwing threats and insults . If they truly believed in their protests they’d show their faces. Utter madness !

Sjb69 · 28/02/2023 01:07

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

Sjb69 · 28/02/2023 01:59

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

Fallingirl · 28/02/2023 06:18

I wish I was as photogenic as Posie.

SinnerBoy · 28/02/2023 07:16

The more you hate, the more we'll love?

Well, the English language certainly seems to have turned upside down. I hadn't realised that tweets threatening rape, placards threatening death, screaming at babies and assaulting women was loving behaviour.

KatMcBundleFace · 28/02/2023 07:16

It's like TRAs will never learn.... protesting against us just makes you draw attention to the event.
More people will think you bullies.
More people will have heard that disabled woman speak.
We aren't peaking the world - you are. And you lack the self awareness to comprehend what your behaviour looks like to the outside world.

I watch your behaviour and think, cheers, that's a few more column inches. I keep thinking you'll realise how it's backfiring and stop, but no, because, you are frankly bonkers.

Carry on. Peak the world.

EfingNora · 28/02/2023 07:41

@AlisonDonut "What it is to have a cock and balls and have different rules." That's a great line for a terf poem.

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 12:16

AlisonDonut

Someone on licence will have certain conditions - for example:
Has to live and sleep at a certain address
Has to report to their probation officer twice a week
Has to sign at a local police station 3 days a week

For them to breach their licence conditions, they have to break one of these rules

If they commit a crime - that's a separate thing all together from licence conditions and they can be prosecuted for the crime. The governor of the prison can then recall them - but it won't be due to breaching their licence.

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 12:18

GailBlancheViola

So, if someone had reported this directly to police at the time - yes, they should have been challenged. Did the reporting person do this and was a crime recorded? if so, what was the outcome of it?

What is the 'device' which was used that was illegal?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.