Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Let Women Speak Sunday 26th Feb 23

168 replies

EndlessTea · 26/02/2023 13:13

It’s going on now, I started watching when the woman with the suffragette scarf sitting in the wheelchair did her speech. Really moving.

OP posts:
ArabellaScott · 26/02/2023 21:20

GailBlancheViola · 26/02/2023 18:40

Got a life sentence for attempted murder of an inmate so even though released from prison Baker is on licence for the rest of their days and can be recalled to prison if they are deemed a risk to the public or commit any other offence. Hmm perhaps some questions need to be asked about Baker's behaviour since release, Baker was the one with the 'Kill JKR' sign at a Pride event.

And as they are violent under the new rules regarding prison allocation they definitely won't be going into the female estate.

www.gov.uk/guidance/challenge-a-parole-decision#your-right-to-raise-issues

'victims and other interested parties can request the Reconsideration Team consider making an application for reconsideration if they think there is a problem with a parole decision.'

KatMcBundleFace · 26/02/2023 21:38

This bleach blonde mullet bloke was at Women's Place conference, going absolutely crazy outside the break out session room. Had to be held back by the police there too.

Why isn't this breach of the peace?

KatMcBundleFace · 26/02/2023 21:40

As for Baker, they tried to join a Facebook group I admin once.....
👀

DerekFaker · 26/02/2023 21:42

Baker has followed a number of GC accounts on twitter. So creepy.

beastlyslumber · 26/02/2023 21:46

Those women are BRAVE. Especially the stewards. Thank you ladies Flowers

Redshoeblueshoe · 26/02/2023 21:54

Derek that's a useful reminder to check who follows you on Twitter. I've had a couple of dodgy followers on there.

KatMcBundleFace · 26/02/2023 22:08

Mullet man reminds me of Tara Wolfe, the character that assaulted Maria Mc all those years ago now. When women met at Hyde Park cos they wouldn't let them speak / or in fact engage with any of their concerns regarding self ID.
What is this, six years later and still they think they can shut us up.

Marches across an empty park.
Screams no terf on our turf at women.

PonyPatter44 · 26/02/2023 22:48

Sarah Jane Baker needs to be recalled sharpish. I wonder if their probation officer is actually aware of their behaviour?

DerekFaker · 27/02/2023 10:21

PonyPatter44 · 26/02/2023 22:48

Sarah Jane Baker needs to be recalled sharpish. I wonder if their probation officer is actually aware of their behaviour?

He genuinely frightens me.

Clymene · 27/02/2023 10:32

He has at least two Twitter accounts - please block him.

Villagetoraiseachild · 27/02/2023 10:52

I think is the first time there has been opposition at this location, correct me if Im wrong.
Natale was great and so moving.
Thanks to all women who attended.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/02/2023 11:02

I think is the first time there has been opposition at this location, correct me if Im wrong.

No I think there was a couple of months ago. For the first time.

ArabellaScott · 27/02/2023 11:07

DerekFaker · 27/02/2023 10:21

He genuinely frightens me.

It would be unwise not to be worried by this person.

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 11:22

FOJN · 26/02/2023 21:07

I'm sure they'll all be invited for a 'voluntary interview' to give their side of the story. Oh, wait, no silly me, of course they won't.

Has someone made a complaint against them which is a crime under NCRS recording rules? Can the suspect be identified?

If so - yes.

It follows the same process - Call taker who takes the call believes that a crime may have occurred based on the initial call. This gets passed to a crimes desk - who also believe a crime may have occurred and hence it is validated as such under NCRS rules. Dispatcher also believes that this may be a crime, so it is dispatched to a cop.

Cop attends the reporting person and obtains a statement. gathers other evidence (CCTV possibly, other witnesses etc etc)

Cop then arranges an interview with the other party.

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 11:25

littlbrowndog · 26/02/2023 18:47

Seen the footage on Twitter from them men dressed in black with their faces covered shouting stuff at women

why don’t the police sort this out. Tell them. To uncover their faces

There is no offence in wearing a face covering

OnlyTheWeedsGrow · 27/02/2023 11:54

The police were there in the middle of the TRAs shouting, threatening, charging, intimidating, wearing “Terfs kill kids” T-shirts. Why would someone ringing up and giving the details of what the police have seen with their own eyes make any difference?

AlisonDonut · 27/02/2023 11:54

Look ladies, the police cannot make out what you are wibbling on about when you point out rasict threats, or the kill TERFs banner, or the men dressed in black threatening you.

They have much more important things to do, in letting men who are out on licence break the rules to drown you out just a little bit more.

OnlyTheWeedsGrow · 27/02/2023 11:56

^ To clarify: The police were in the middle of the crowds of TRAs, and the TRAs were screaming, etc…. So the police saw it all.

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:02

OnlyTheWeedsGrow

Because you will need a complainant to say that they were harassed, alarmed or distressed and provide a statement to that effect.

A member of the public has to be affected by it - the courts don't see police as members of the public.

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:04

AlisonDonut

Do you know what his licence conditions are?

If so, and they have broken them, he can be sent back to jail

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/02/2023 12:07

Would it be normal practice to allow a violent man on licence to publicly threaten others?

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:11

No - he can't threaten anyone - that's a separate offence/crime on its own. Who did he threaten and has that been reported?

His licence will have specific conditions on it that he will have to conform to.
If he breaks any of them - he gets sent back. It sometimes a curfew or a residence condition etc etc

OnlyTheWeedsGrow · 27/02/2023 12:11

So if the police see a person physically attack someone, they can’t do anything unless the person assaulted puts in a complaint?

GailBlancheViola · 27/02/2023 12:15

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:04

AlisonDonut

Do you know what his licence conditions are?

If so, and they have broken them, he can be sent back to jail

I can't imagine a person convicted of attempted murder, kidnap and torture, released on Licence would have terms in said Licence allowing them to carry signs promoting the murder of a known individual or carry signs encouraging others to commit crime - can you @Felix125 ?

That is to say nothing of said persons behaviour on Sunday, he was using a device that was, apparently, not permitted - did the Police go and have so much as a word with him? No, they did not. Why not?

Felix125 · 27/02/2023 12:16

OnlyTheWeedsGrow

No - that's not a public order offence.

That's an assault and a different crime - offence against the person

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.