Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Let Women Speak Sunday 26th Feb 23

168 replies

EndlessTea · 26/02/2023 13:13

It’s going on now, I started watching when the woman with the suffragette scarf sitting in the wheelchair did her speech. Really moving.

OP posts:
SinnerBoy · 28/02/2023 13:03

Ereshkigalangcleg · Today 13:01

Your Wordpress blog isn't a particularly reliable source, Felix.

It gladdens my heart to know that we have stout coppers like Feilx -getting shiny trouser seats in Panda Cars- pounding the beat on hour behalf. Fair brings a tear to my eye.

Helleofabore · 28/02/2023 13:06

I cannot believe that you posted that Felix.

Try actually looking at the Royal Parks bylaws.

www.royalparks.org.uk/managing-the-parks/park-regulations-legislation-and-policies

• Banners or placards may not be displayed while in the park;
• Only a mobile public address system, brought into the park and removed on the same day and audible only to those participating, will be allowed;

I could hear their amplifier from the very edge of the park as I entered. It was very clear. It was very loud.

And I don't think you can ignore the placards and flags being flown.

Anyone who has attended a Standing for Women event know very well that we cannot do these things. It makes for women to have to listen very carefully to the quiet voices of others. No other conversations can be had at all while speakers are having their times.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 13:09

Yes Helle, I've also posted a link to the legislation itself, which took me all of 5 seconds to find on Google. No need for Felix to post some random blog. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he's not great at Google searches.

Helleofabore · 28/02/2023 13:13

Right you are Eresh! I should have considered that. Grin

Helleofabore · 28/02/2023 13:15

I mean, I remember visiting London in 1997 and going on the Open Top bus and being told these by laws by the tourist guide on the loud speaker on the bus.

GailBlancheViola · 28/02/2023 13:44

Felix just cannot accept that the Police are failing across a number of metrics and badly failing. Felix just pumps out excuse after excuse instead of looking at the actual problem which is how far away the Police have moved from their stated duty of : The prevention and detection of crime (note which comes first) and to Police fairly, impartially and without fear or favour and to be above any politics or special interests.

Public faith and trust in the Police is on a relentless downward spiral, the Police seem to have forgotten they police with the consent of the public and that's ALL the public not just a select chosen few that belong to a sacred caste.

There is NO REASON why the Police there on the day could not have spoken to Baker NONE AT ALL the fact they didn't suggest either cowardice or bias.

Ofcourseshecan · 28/02/2023 13:52

KatMcBundleFace · 26/02/2023 21:38

This bleach blonde mullet bloke was at Women's Place conference, going absolutely crazy outside the break out session room. Had to be held back by the police there too.

Why isn't this breach of the peace?

Because he's a man and the victims were women.

Mmmnotsure · 28/02/2023 14:13

Mmm. A self-identified experienced police officer on this thread doesn't bother/is incapable of checking the actual bye laws for the place in question and relies on some third-party interpretation. Which, cf the Equality Act, probably explains how we got here.

This is the level of police we have. Or perhaps the posting is not in good faith.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 15:31

Kellie Jay's film is launching at 8pm tonight.

twitter.com/ThePosieParker/status/1630576454265077760?s=20

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 15:44

Helleofabore

So - according to those by-laws - people can not

(5) interfere with any notice or sign - so counter protesters can not have their signs taken down

(8) exhibit any notice or advertisement or any other written or pictorial matter - so people can't have any signs at all

(17) organise or take part in any assembly - so no protest at all

Unless you have written permission from the Secretary of State

So I assume people gathering there each had written permission then?

Even if the by law is broken - there is now power of arrest attached to it, just they have to give their details.

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 15:50

GailBlancheViola · 28/02/2023 13:44

Felix just cannot accept that the Police are failing across a number of metrics and badly failing. Felix just pumps out excuse after excuse instead of looking at the actual problem which is how far away the Police have moved from their stated duty of : The prevention and detection of crime (note which comes first) and to Police fairly, impartially and without fear or favour and to be above any politics or special interests.

Public faith and trust in the Police is on a relentless downward spiral, the Police seem to have forgotten they police with the consent of the public and that's ALL the public not just a select chosen few that belong to a sacred caste.

There is NO REASON why the Police there on the day could not have spoken to Baker NONE AT ALL the fact they didn't suggest either cowardice or bias.

Bingo!!!!

The most sensible thing someone has written on here

So a crime is reported to police and the police should investigate it properly.

And this should be the same across the board - not just for a select few and it should not matter who the person is getting investigated or who is the victim - the same professional service.

So - harking back to the other thread - a crime is being reported against KJK and she was investigated. Yet, everyone was up in arms that the police should do this

And yes - Baker should have been spoken with and if offences had been reported it should have been investigated.

If not - then complain as you can identify the suspect to a crime.

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 15:57

Helleofabore

www.royalparks.org.uk/managing-the-parks/park-regulations-legislation-and-policies

Based on this - was the Sarah Everard vigil breaking these laws then?
Were the police right to step in there then?

(4) attach any article to, climb or interfere with any tree, railing, fence, statue, seat, building or structure;

Or was OK to break them on that occasion?

Hooklander · 28/02/2023 16:08

I think we should escape the felix-vortex. It's bloody tedious, for a start.

TheGodS · 28/02/2023 16:16

GailBlancheViola · 28/02/2023 12:35

Jesus fucking Christ it's lIke pulling teeth with you @Felix125

Baker was using a megaphone, which is not allowed in the place where it was being used, the Police there on the day know this. The Police there on the day, more thaN one of them, were asked to stop Baker using that device you know as it is not allowed in that place, the Police did not, the Police are not blind and deaf (or maybe they are) they could see and hear Baker, Baker was committing an offence, the Police did not act, the excuse was something along the lines of we don't want to cause any more issues.

I can fucking guarantee that if ANY of the women at the event so much as had a megaphone in their possession they would have found themselves in the back of a Police van before they could blink, their feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

All the women there abided by the law regarding the use of megaphones/amplification devices ONE PERSON DID NOT and that one person is a male and a member of the sacred trans caste which the Police treat with kid gloves.

This is NOT Policing fairly, without fear or favour and NOTHING YOU SAY WILL MAKE IT SO. Police there on the day turned a bind eye to the offence Baker was committing because they are too bloody cowardly or too bloody captured by GI Ideology.

Brilliantly put. 👏

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 16:20

I'm with you Hooklander.

Mmmnotsure · 28/02/2023 16:38

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 15:57

Helleofabore

Based on this - was the Sarah Everard vigil breaking these laws then?
Were the police right to step in there then?

(4) attach any article to, climb or interfere with any tree, railing, fence, statue, seat, building or structure;

Or was OK to break them on that occasion?

And whataboutery.

Not good faith.

Ofcourseshecan · 28/02/2023 17:24

GailBlancheViola · 28/02/2023 12:35

Jesus fucking Christ it's lIke pulling teeth with you @Felix125

Baker was using a megaphone, which is not allowed in the place where it was being used, the Police there on the day know this. The Police there on the day, more thaN one of them, were asked to stop Baker using that device you know as it is not allowed in that place, the Police did not, the Police are not blind and deaf (or maybe they are) they could see and hear Baker, Baker was committing an offence, the Police did not act, the excuse was something along the lines of we don't want to cause any more issues.

I can fucking guarantee that if ANY of the women at the event so much as had a megaphone in their possession they would have found themselves in the back of a Police van before they could blink, their feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

All the women there abided by the law regarding the use of megaphones/amplification devices ONE PERSON DID NOT and that one person is a male and a member of the sacred trans caste which the Police treat with kid gloves.

This is NOT Policing fairly, without fear or favour and NOTHING YOU SAY WILL MAKE IT SO. Police there on the day turned a bind eye to the offence Baker was committing because they are too bloody cowardly or too bloody captured by GI Ideology.

You are expressing the anger also felt by me and many other women, Gail. Day after day we see police openly ignoring in other words, allowing illegal aggression against women. And we read about the women arrested for liking a non-abusive tweet or tying ribbons on a tree. And our attitudes are gradually hardening.

Ofcourseshecan · 28/02/2023 17:26

Ofcourseshecan · 28/02/2023 17:24

You are expressing the anger also felt by me and many other women, Gail. Day after day we see police openly ignoring in other words, allowing illegal aggression against women. And we read about the women arrested for liking a non-abusive tweet or tying ribbons on a tree. And our attitudes are gradually hardening.

we see police openly ignoring (in other words, allowing) illegal aggression against women. I definitely didn't mean to cross out those words!

Hooklander · 28/02/2023 17:27

Ofcourseshecan · 28/02/2023 17:26

we see police openly ignoring (in other words, allowing) illegal aggression against women. I definitely didn't mean to cross out those words!

Absolutely. It's bloody obscene. And the covering up of it while it happens in plain sight has been obscene.

ladygindiva · 28/02/2023 18:00

Placemarking to watch later, as you were

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 18:09

Here are London's finest telling women to shut up while doing nothing about abusive TRAs. From Maria McLachlan, who was publicly assaulted by a group of TRAs at Speakers Corner in 2017.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vi_Hq8gJtuM

Ereshkigalangcleg · 28/02/2023 18:10

This isn't 2017 though, it's from Sunday.

GailBlancheViola · 28/02/2023 18:30

So - harking back to the other thread - a crime is being reported against KJK and she was investigated. Yet, everyone was up in arms that the police should do this

An allegation of KJK committing a crime was being investigated, whereas Baker was committing a crime in full view of the Police on Sunday and they did nowt, nothing.

And yes - Baker should have been spoken with and if offences had been reported it should have been investigated.

He wasn't and it was reported by several attendees.

If not - then complain as you can identify the suspect to a crime.

The Police ignored it and did nothing at the time. This is the point, the Police are not acting in good faith if they were they would have done something AT THE FUCKING TIME.

Felix125 · 28/02/2023 18:42

GailBlancheViola

He wasn't and it was reported by several attendees.

So - have these several attendees provided a statement?
If they can identify the suspect 'Baker' he can be interviewed as a voluntary attendee - in exactly the same way KJK was interviewed. Have they chased up this reported crime and what is the OIC doing with it.

Was it ignored at the time - or what is t recorded. Just because a person was not arrested doesn't mean to say the crime is ignored. You need a necessity to arrest at that time.

And you mention - 'acting in good faith'

Do you mean 'acting with consistency'?

EndlessTea · 28/02/2023 18:45

🙄

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.