Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Wings Over Scotland: The Grooming of Holyrood

256 replies

DerekFaker · 23/01/2023 09:19

Good, detailed article on Beth Douglas and associates (Jess Bradley).

wingsoverscotland.com/the-grooming-of-holyrood/

OP posts:
Thelnebriati · 23/01/2023 11:32

What's it called when you want a job done but don't want any muck on your own hands?

RoyalCorgi · 23/01/2023 11:43

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

littlbrowndog · 23/01/2023 11:44

Cripes.

and our parliament claps for them.

PastMyBestBeforeDate · 23/01/2023 11:54

That's really scary. My dd's trans and I can understand why - who would want to be a girl? - but she has no idea who she's advocating for.

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:01

Praise this all you want but he's outed a survivor.

I am mentioned in this article. I was in my late teens in a very dark place when it was going on and I have a very different life now. Him putting me in this article has meant I have woken up to extreme harassment for the first time in five years.

I worked hard to keep myself as anonymous as possible, I even have a different surname now, and he has completely fucked that.

MidsomerMurmurs · 23/01/2023 12:02

she has no idea who she's advocating for

The Famous Artist Birdy Rose has a
very relevant piece here:
mobile.twitter.com/TheFamousArtBR/status/1459802764293427204

I WISH WE COULD BIN THE PHRASE "TRANS COMMUNITY"
BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND
WHAT A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO HATES HER BODY OR EXPERIENCES DYSPHORIA HAS
IN COMMON WITH A 50 YEAR OLD BLOKE WHO'S SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO THE IDEA OF HIMSELF AS A WOMAN

WarriorN · 23/01/2023 12:03

It's scary how people have been so easily fooled.

Shame on them for being so easily duped.

Shame on them for dismantling women's rights and child safeguarding.

Ereshkigalangcleg · 23/01/2023 12:09

I am mentioned in this article. I was in my late teens in a very dark place when it was going on and I have a very different life now. Him putting me in this article has meant I have woken up to extreme harassment for the first time in five years.

I'm sorry Flowers

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:19

Ereshkigalangcleg · 23/01/2023 12:09

I'm sorry Flowers

Thanks. I'm devastated. He's basically used me as a prop in his article to make his point without even giving thought to the risks for me.

ArabellaScott · 23/01/2023 12:23

thecaseofthepurplecushion I'm so sorry. Have you contacted the writer and asked for your details to be taken out?

Ereshkigalangcleg · 23/01/2023 12:23

It's a very good article for the sunlight on these terrible people and the government, but I agree he should not have outed you without your consent.

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:24

ArabellaScott · 23/01/2023 12:23

thecaseofthepurplecushion I'm so sorry. Have you contacted the writer and asked for your details to be taken out?

Yes, I am really hoping he will but it's a bit late now tbh.

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:26

I was physically abused daily and raped five times. The leaving process almost killed me. Anything that puts a survivor of this magnitude in danger is not worth reading.

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:26

Just had a lovely email saying that he won't take out any references of me out, so that's fantastic.

Helleofabore · 23/01/2023 12:29

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:19

Thanks. I'm devastated. He's basically used me as a prop in his article to make his point without even giving thought to the risks for me.

I too am sorry purplecushion .

Have you tried to contact him?

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:31

@Helleofabore yes, he won't take it out.

DarkDayforMN · 23/01/2023 12:32

I am mentioned in this article

Are you the female/“AFAB” person mentioned? If so, I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve been hunted down and harassed. He seems to have tried to protect your identity but may not have realised the risks to you. I’m sure if you write to him and ask him to remove your former name he would do that.

Unless I’ve missed something, all the other people in the article are in it because they did something wrong.

Boiledbeetle · 23/01/2023 12:32

@thecaseofthepurplecushion I'm so so sorry for what's happened to you, the fact that you are being forced to revisit and relive it and the fact they have refused to not take you into account and retract bits, even though it's really to late is not on.

I hope you've got support around around you right now.

💐Boiled x

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:34

DarkDayforMN · 23/01/2023 12:32

I am mentioned in this article

Are you the female/“AFAB” person mentioned? If so, I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve been hunted down and harassed. He seems to have tried to protect your identity but may not have realised the risks to you. I’m sure if you write to him and ask him to remove your former name he would do that.

Unless I’ve missed something, all the other people in the article are in it because they did something wrong.

Yes I'm the survivor / detransitioner / lesbian living a quiet life. I've asked him to take me out of it and he won't.

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:34

Boiledbeetle · 23/01/2023 12:32

@thecaseofthepurplecushion I'm so so sorry for what's happened to you, the fact that you are being forced to revisit and relive it and the fact they have refused to not take you into account and retract bits, even though it's really to late is not on.

I hope you've got support around around you right now.

💐Boiled x

Thank you.

WarriorN · 23/01/2023 12:34

Christ I'm so sorry @thecaseofthepurplecushion. I missed your post. Can you close all social media down?

💐

WarriorN · 23/01/2023 12:35

I'm shocked he won't remove it.

thecaseofthepurplecushion · 23/01/2023 12:35

WarriorN · 23/01/2023 12:34

Christ I'm so sorry @thecaseofthepurplecushion. I missed your post. Can you close all social media down?

💐

I have a completely different name and no faces on my social media so I thought I was safe but I think I might have to start all over again yes. This website knows more than anyone how hard survivors work to keep themselves safe post leaving.

I don't live anywhere nearby anymore but I am so scared.

Helleofabore · 23/01/2023 12:38

thecaseofthepurplecushion

You might consider that this thread is likely to be monitored heavily today and whether you want to keep the posts disclosing your trauma. I cannot say how sorry I am for your experiences and I am not saying this to negate them in any way. Just that if you want to ask MNHQ to delete you post, you can report it and ask for it to be removed.

Boiledbeetle · 23/01/2023 12:38

@thecaseofthepurplecushion I'm about to go out to the dentist, but i's there anything we can do to help? Email the writer perhaps?

Bastards

Have chocolate as well🍫

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.