Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

UK Physios

722 replies

Calyx72 · 11/02/2022 20:56

Please sign into CSP and look at the new iCSP discussion "Stonewall and the CSP"

A great thread beginning and agreement that stonewall are problematic and women's rights are being overlapped by male rights

Then a HUGE ESSAY by a TRA

Sad

OP posts:
stealtheatingtunnocks · 05/11/2023 23:41

I mean, I hope there are. Science based professions can’t lie about truth.

RadFizz · 29/11/2023 07:59

Has anyone seen this? I suspect no one has thought it through as they include crossdressers in the definition of trans. All taken from Stonewall I suspect.
https://www.csp.org.uk/about-csp/equity-diversity-belonging/strategy/glossary#t

stealtheatingtunnocks · 29/11/2023 09:30

Yes, that’s the stonewall glossary. See anything missing from the “w” list?

(hint, it’s xx people)

tonybasil · 29/11/2023 14:56

Did anyone check that glossary? This for instance:  
'It is now widely accepted that race is a social construct, rooted in White supremacy'.
Is it though? Is it really!!
And the constant use of 'sex assigned at birth' opposed to biological sex...

Calyx72 · 29/11/2023 18:59

I don't want to look
But I am going to 😆

OP posts:
Calyx72 · 29/11/2023 19:09

OMG
It's just exhausting.

Also: "Harassment: this means people cannot treat you in a way that violates your dignity, or creates a hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment."

Er that's not what harassment means!

Sex is observed not "assigned at birth"
And transphobia apparently includes "refusing to accept someone's gender identity" which makes all gender critical people into transphobes - although gender critical beliefs have been proven in law to be valid and worthy of respect.

OP posts:
stealtheatingtunnocks · 30/11/2023 01:03

thry are overdue making a statement about how we must wear Palestine lanyards, and when the general election is called we will all have to wear red ones to signal support for vote Labour. And Rosie Duffield isn’t to get any physio under any circumstances but Bungle can have as much as he likes because he’s an original rainbow.

where’s my Pay rise? And did we ever sort out the weekend working fiasco? And why can’t I get community rehab services for my patients? That all used to be the CSP’s job, didn’t it?

stealtheatingtunnocks · 03/12/2023 16:34

why can’t our governing body communicate with members in a way that doesn’t lead to “pissed off”? I can see the problem, accidentally causing pneumothorax is one of the reasons I stopped using acupuncture but the upset on here is palpable. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2788672197888435/permalink/6879867852102162/

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2788672197888435/permalink/6879867852102162/

RadFiz · 21/01/2024 10:16

So apparently CSP are now going to release a position statement/policy on transphobia as there is no issue that’s more important. I guess racism and ableism will just have to wait. The statement from the LGBT network below says you can email her for a copy of the draft statement, but shouldn’t they be consulting with all members?

x.com/csplgbtqia/status/1747926721855115687?s=20

stealtheatingtunnocks · 21/01/2024 22:17

is transphobia an actual issue? Are there examples of physios being struck off or disciplined for being transphobic?

Calyx72 · 22/01/2024 07:06

OMG are they?

The community can't get any staff. Wages and pensions are awful compared with many other countries. I agree with you @stealtheatingtunnocks and @RadFiz. They are not doing what members need them for and they are wasting time with this unscientific and divisive (hate that word but it's true!) subject.

OP posts:
pronounsbundlebundle · 22/01/2024 07:59

Sorry, not a physio, but I'm wondering how the Meade judgement affects this? They can't just label people as transphobic for nothing without risking ending up in a tribunal I'd have thought. I wonder if they've bothered to get a legal opinion.

Given there are sexed differences between male and female bodies you could argue physiotherapy is inherently transpobic, in the way the terms is usually applied (i.e. recognising biological reality), surely?

stealtheatingtunnocks · 22/01/2024 08:49

That video has more dupers delight in it than my ex showed in the whole of our marriage.

stealtheatingtunnocks · 22/01/2024 08:51

Also, why the announcement that they will be making a statement? She means it is not yet agreed, doesn’t she?

I’ll be interested in what the wording is for the reason you suggest, @pronounsbundlebundle. our new CEO has got a poisoned chalice

RadFiz · 22/01/2024 09:20

It’s interesting as I’d heard a while ago that they’d decided NOT to take a position on transphobia and that the network were not happy and the trans vice chair resigned etc etc. I guess they put more pressure on the organisation, a colleague went to the AGM and said the network were pretty angry about it.

vivariumvivariumsvivaria · 22/01/2024 10:19

I suppose we are at the stage where we need something like The Evidence Based Social Workers who supported Rachael Meade.

vivariumvivariumsvivaria · 22/01/2024 10:20

Who was the trans vice chair, @RadFiz? Do you mean someone who is trans rather than it's a specific role?

RadFiz · 22/01/2024 10:56

@vivariumvivariumsvivaria Yes, someone who’s trans. They are still on the network page under general members. https://www.csp.org.uk/networks/diversity-networks/lgbtqia/about-us

Calyx72 · 23/01/2024 07:47

pronounsbundlebundle · 22/01/2024 07:59

Sorry, not a physio, but I'm wondering how the Meade judgement affects this? They can't just label people as transphobic for nothing without risking ending up in a tribunal I'd have thought. I wonder if they've bothered to get a legal opinion.

Given there are sexed differences between male and female bodies you could argue physiotherapy is inherently transpobic, in the way the terms is usually applied (i.e. recognising biological reality), surely?

I agree and wonder as well.

OP posts:
Calyx72 · 23/01/2024 07:57

So they define 'transphobia' then what?

With all the tribunals won by GC people up to Professor Jo Phoenix's yesterday, are they going to accuse staff of witchcraft transphobia and get their careers ruined? Then pay for court cases and get themselves ruined?

Stonewall law is dangerous and costly.

OP posts:
RadFiz · 23/01/2024 21:07

Calyx72 · 29/11/2023 19:09

OMG
It's just exhausting.

Also: "Harassment: this means people cannot treat you in a way that violates your dignity, or creates a hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment."

Er that's not what harassment means!

Sex is observed not "assigned at birth"
And transphobia apparently includes "refusing to accept someone's gender identity" which makes all gender critical people into transphobes - although gender critical beliefs have been proven in law to be valid and worthy of respect.

I looked at this “glossary” again and they actually have misandry in there, just before misogyny. Because so many men are killed due to women hating them?

stealtheatingtunnocks · 24/01/2024 03:00

Woman isn’t defined.

Brainworm · 24/01/2024 03:54

"And transphobia apparently includes "refusing to accept someone's gender identity"

I wonder what is expected in terms of belief when it comes to 'accepting someone's gender identity'.

I accept that some people have a gender identity. I accept that some people's identities incorporate their personal ideas about sex and gender. I understand that this identity can hold great significance for them and impact upon their wellbeing.

Would this amount to being accepting?

stealtheatingtunnocks · 24/01/2024 07:41

call me a cynic, but, looking at the tribunals, then, no. I order to appease the party you must believe that 2+2=5.

Calyx72 · 28/01/2024 10:59

I hope The CSP (especially their LBGTQIA+ clubs and transpobia-definers) are reading this. Excellent article.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/28/jo-phoenix-open-university-court-victory-gender-sex-based-womens-rights

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.