Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Generic Real Housewives thread. Comments on any franchise welcome.

happilybemused · 20/12/2021 18:56

As there isn't a lot of traction on individual threads I thought I'd create a generic thread as most of us seem fond of a few.

Loving the New Jersey trailer released today. Teresa is back to her table crashing ways. She seemed so chilled on the ultimate girls trip as well !

https://pagesix.com/2021/12/20/rhonj-teresa-giudice-margaret-josephs-feud-in-new-trailer/amp/

OP's posts:
Please
or

CruellaDeVilla · 20/12/2021 22:36

Oh I’ve never watched NJ or OC but love RHONY, BH, Potomac and SLC

I liked the ultimate girls trip too. Disliked Cynthia and haven’t watched Atlanta for ages.

Please
or

Upyouranty · 20/12/2021 22:38

Cynthia seemed so weird on the girls trip. I wonder if she knew she was being axed from Atlanta and was just really insecure?

I love them all. Can’t stand Rinna 😡

Please
or

Orpheline · 22/12/2021 09:15

I've watched all of Atlanta, and have never seen Cynthia behave that way before. When any of them start getting stroppy, it's usually meant money
or relationship problems.
Miami is back, after a long break. One of my favourites. Elsa will be missed.

Please
or

Campervan69 · 22/12/2021 21:17

Just starting the girls trip. What a lovely place to go, they are so lucky. They have such glamorous lives.

Please
or

NurseButtercup · 23/12/2021 05:46

@happilybemused

As there isn't a lot of traction on individual threads I thought I'd create a generic thread as most of us seem fond of a few.

Loving the New Jersey trailer released today. Teresa is back to her table crashing ways. She seemed so chilled on the ultimate girls trip as well !

pagesix.com/2021/12/20/rhonj-teresa-giudice-margaret-josephs-feud-in-new-trailer/amp/

I said 2022 no more reality TV and here I am running to watch the trailer, then running straight back to gleefully & dutifully report how good it looks.

I need to have a word with myself LoL
Please
or

NurseButtercup · 23/12/2021 05:51

@Upyouranty

Cynthia seemed so weird on the girls trip. I wonder if she knew she was being axed from Atlanta and was just really insecure?

I love them all. Can’t stand Rinna 😡

Sheree Zampino is joining the cast of RHOBH, I hope she tag teams with Gabrielle to shut up Lisa Rinna....
Please
or

CruellaDeVilla · 23/12/2021 09:15

Who is Sheree and who is she replacing?

Please
or

happilybemused · 23/12/2021 12:03

The two new ladies are in addition rather than replacing. Sheree is a friend of rather than main cast.

She is the ex wife of Will Smith and a friend of Garcelle. She did appear when Garcelle first started. There was a group of her (real) friends discussing how to handle ex husbands and Sheree was one of them

OP's posts:
Please
or

rc22 · 23/12/2021 13:33

I watch BH and NYC. Originally watched OC but lost track of that a couple of years ago. That reminds me I haven't googled for Erika Girardi divorce updates recently. It fascinates me!!

Please
or

CruellaDeVilla · 23/12/2021 15:26

Thanks @happilybemused! I think I’ll recognise her when I see her then.

My face hw is Kyle

Please
or

happilybemused · 23/12/2021 19:35

Potamac is my favourite franchise. Gizelle and Karen are brilliant frenemies and their arguments are witty rather than plain nasty.

Quite excited about Dubai. Apparently Caroline Stanbury from Ladies of London has just filmed her wedding for it.

Agree regarding Cynthia from Atlanta on the ultimate girls trip, alsp never seen her behave like that. I did read she had just found put her contract hadn't been renewed/ or was in negotiation so perhaps why.

Also, she seemed put out everyone liked Kenya. I know Kenya is outrageous and not popular in Atlanta but I've never thought her spiteful or nasty.

OP's posts:
Please
or

happilybemused · 23/12/2021 19:40

Would add apart from Ramona and Cynthia they all came across as far more genuine and funny on the Ultimate girls trip.

Was nice when they broke the 4th wall and talked about their experiences filming/ social media etc

OP's posts:
Please
or

baggies · 23/12/2021 23:47

I've just binge watched rhonyc from the beginning. Don't know why I never watched it before. I think the cast seem more 'warts and all' than the other franchises. Quite bereft when I'd got up to date. Loved bh but miss LVP. Can't stand Lisa Rinna. Just started series one of Potomac but not warming to it yet. Love the scenery and setting of slc. Can't warm to any of the ladies though. Given up on the Cheshire one this series.

Please
or

Campervan69 · 24/12/2021 00:16

@baggies

I've just binge watched rhonyc from the beginning. Don't know why I never watched it before. I think the cast seem more 'warts and all' than the other franchises. Quite bereft when I'd got up to date. Loved bh but miss LVP. Can't stand Lisa Rinna. Just started series one of Potomac but not warming to it yet. Love the scenery and setting of slc. Can't warm to any of the ladies though. Given up on the Cheshire one this series.

I think you are me. I signed up for Heyu so I could binge RHONYC and didn't know what to do with myself when it was done. I like them. They seem more real living their lives than the other franchises. And less plastic.

Also miss LVP. They absolutely did a number on her, I don't blame her for ditching them.
Please
or

Karmdenswitme · 24/12/2021 01:06

Love OC, A, BH & Potomac. Hooked on SLC, am I the only one taken aback by combination of religion, vanity and wealth in non California-NY way?

Please
or

CruellaDeVilla · 24/12/2021 05:09

@happilybemused

Would add apart from Ramona and Cynthia they all came across as far more genuine and funny on the Ultimate girls trip.

Was nice when they broke the 4th wall and talked about their experiences filming/ social media etc

I agree
Please
or

CruellaDeVilla · 24/12/2021 05:11

@baggies

I did this a few years ago, loved watching knowing how it worked out! Ramona being smug about her marriage, Luann ditto.

I did it with BH too and some people had died since, eg Taylor’s husband
Please
or

baggies · 24/12/2021 14:18

Campervan

Totally agree with less plastic. No acrylic nails and lip fillers and false eye lashes until last couple of series. Far more natural makeup and hair. Ramona always looked like she did her own makeup!

Salt Lake City ladies (?) are a motley crew. All seem to drink despite being Mormon, Muslim. None of them seem to like each other at all.

LVP was totally stitched up by the jealousy of the other ladies. It's a poorer show without her. Erika is some cold woman. I'm sure she was aware of what was going on with her husband. The other women are scared of her with the exception of Sutton. Good telly though.

Loved Orange County but miss Tamra and Vicki, not as interesting now. Glad Braunwyn has gone. Thought the way she behaved towards her children and husband was very damaging.

I like New Jersey but enjoyed it more when Dina and her family were in it.

Really trying with Potomac but maybe it's just too soon after NYC Sad

Please
or

MabelFurball · 24/12/2021 18:09

Jersey Series 2 is starting on Mon 27th on ITVBe. The whole series is going to be available so I will prob watch over the week.

Please
or

Onetraumaatatimeplease · 24/12/2021 18:32

Guilty pleasure of mine apart from Cheshire. I have a can't watch won't watch relationship with Cheshire.
Exited about Miami returning and yes Elsa will be missed. The Miami wives all seem a little bit, err, worse than the rest of them.
I really wish they'd do another DC one but that series hasn't been repeated as far as can tell so I wonder if homeland security or someone wrote to bravo after the gate crashing the White House incident and said No.
I think Ramona from nyc is a mean girl. I went off her when I saw how smug she was when Sonja was having her drinking and toaster oven problems.
Bethany from nyc fascinates me. She seems so strong and so needy at the same time. Glad her divorce is over for her.

Please
or

happilybemused · 26/12/2021 19:55

Watched Miami for the first time for the new season and thought it was great.

Before lockdown I'd hardly watched any apart from Ladies of London (I still love )

I would agree watching the older franchises from the start often seems dated.

I found watching first then mid season works. Then going back to the older seasons to give it context.

Currently on Atlanta. Absolutely brilliant. Together with Potamac. Up there with ultimate shade.

OP's posts:
Please
or

YenniferOfVengaBus · 26/12/2021 20:09

I’m really looking forward to Dorinda “making it nice” when she hosts the second Girl’s trip series.

Please
or

ImInStealthMode · 27/12/2021 19:40

Watching the new series of (old) Jersey now.

Good god Margaret Thompson couldn't deliver a line containing any genuine sentiment if her life depended on it Confused

Please
or

MichelleScarn · 27/12/2021 19:47

Joining in!! Love NYC, J, BH (agree LVP totally stitched up!) OC and even Cheshire.
Really need to try Potomac, Salt Lake and Atlanta only have Netflix and Sky though and can never find them!

Please
or

Imdreamingofapeacefulxmas · 27/12/2021 19:55

Absolutely my favourite guilty pleasure is rhobh

I adore it although I massively miss lvp.

I'm loving Kathy hilton however and her TV dinners!!
I wish more fun chat would be allowed though rather than these fake scripted arguments

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.