Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Wheel Of Time on Prime

Ubiquery · 18/11/2021 20:20

I’ve just read it starts Friday 19th. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good…

OP's posts:
Please
or

Campervan69 · 18/12/2021 15:39

I can't understand why they all hate Moraine. I have a serious girl crush on her. She's fabulous.

Please
or

SoupDragon · 18/12/2021 16:40

I think it's her aloofness and impression of superiority. Of course, she is superior because she's right!

Please
or

SoupDragon · 18/12/2021 16:40

She's not in it to be liked, just to get the job done.

Please
or

NynaeveSedai · 18/12/2021 16:52

@Campervan69

I can't understand why they all hate Moraine. I have a serious girl crush on her. She's fabulous.

They don't trust her. They don't know her, and aes sedai are not fully trusted in lots of parts of the WoT world.
Please
or

Campervan69 · 18/12/2021 19:43

I think I must identity with her. Just need to work out how to channel the one power now then I'm set.... 😄

Please
or

Whinge · 18/12/2021 21:47

I'm sure many of you will have seen this, but here's a fantastic behind the scenes from episode 7. The special camera for the cold open and the clever set design for the ways is really interesting.

Please
or

SoupDragon · 19/12/2021 08:57

I enjoyed watching that - the set design for the Ways was so simple (relatively speaking 😂) yet ingenious!

Please
or

Whinge · 19/12/2021 09:28

@SoupDragon

I enjoyed watching that - the set design for the Ways was so simple (relatively speaking 😂) yet ingenious!

Yes it's a really clever idea, and means they're able to alter them for future scenes using the ways. There's a behind the scenes for each episode, talking about costumes, props, set designs etc, it's really interesting.
Please
or

GrouchyKiwi · 24/12/2021 22:07

Thanks for the brilliant behind the scenes video. Loved watching those.

Who has seen the last episode?

I loved most of it but have I Wish I Hadn't Read The Book Feelings about lots of it, and serious burning rage about a couple of things.

I think I would have loved it had I not read the books so many times.

Please
or

Whinge · 25/12/2021 08:13

I've seen it. It was very underwhelming. I think they had too much to do and too little time to do it in. Sad It's a shame, as the previous few episodes have been amazing, but the last one left me a little flat.

Please
or

Zampa · 30/12/2021 15:22

As a non-book reader, I really enjoyed it. Lots of conflicting decisions for each character, a deeper understanding of motives, some hope and a bit of desperation.

As with GoT, I now can't wait until series 2 so have just ordered the first 3 books!

Please
or

SoupDragon · 30/12/2021 16:51

I've watched the behind the scenes footage for each episode now. They do explain why they made certain changes to the book when adapting it for TV.

Please
or

Cooroo · 30/12/2021 23:22

Non book reader and massive GOT fan here. I'm 4 episodes in and enjoying it very much. I wish I'd read the books as I need more world-building and background.

But the costumes! I want to wear that shit. I hate fashion, I loathe buying clothes. I want woollen dresses and cool cloak things. I guess I'd get funny looks in Morrisons?

Please
or

Zampa · 31/12/2021 08:49

You would probably be ok in Brighton @Cooroo!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.