Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The friendly perfumistas thread 32: spring has sprung 🌷 and we all smell amazing ☺️

ChiswickFlo · 29/04/2022 07:25

Morning my fragrant friends ☺️

New thread as we are nearly in May now...

Rather grey here today so sotd will be pp mmm btf

Hope @judystilldreamsofhorses is feeling better?

Have a good Bank Holiday x

OP's posts:
Please
or

CorneliaStreet · 29/04/2022 08:05

Thanks for the new thread.

Wearing PP version of Pleasures this morning. So clean, to the point of being cold. Definitely not one for the warm, amber fans out there.

Please
or

Judystilldreamsofhorses · 29/04/2022 09:45

Hello, thanks for the new thread. I tested negative last night and this bout has been much more manageable. Still not much taste/smell, but SOTD Chanel 19.

The other day I put the grill on and it hadn’t clicked in properly. Gas spewing out until I realised. This is a dangerous business!

Please
or

ChiswickFlo · 29/04/2022 12:16

Here's hoping you're on the mend now @Judystilldreamsofhorses

Dh is working from home and recovering from his bug/food poisoning whatever it was

Ds1 is in the other room working so I'm in my bedroom not doing much at all 😬☺️

OP's posts:
Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 29/04/2022 22:48

Thanks for the new thread Smile

I was wearing Flowerbomb today. I was expecting it to be very sweet, but it's just wonderfully floral. I love it.

Glad you're on the mend @Judystilldreamsofhorses. I managed to avoid getting covid from DS, much to my relief.

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 29/04/2022 23:30

Happy shiny new spring thread everyone! Thanks @ChiswickFlo 😊

I'd forgotten it is a bank holiday this weekend, so that's a nice surprise. 😂 Have a relaxing time everyone. 🙂

Hoping you have seen the last of covid and will be back in fine fettle soon @Judystilldreamsofhorses

SOTD is Angel's Share.

Please
or

ChiswickFlo · 30/04/2022 10:51

Dh seems fully recovered now

I'm cleaning and washing...Great fun.But it's lovely and sunny here so the doors and windows are all open and I'm sat listening to the birdsong :)

Sotd avon lbd weekend

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cauliflowersqueeze · 30/04/2022 11:04

Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino body spray is keeping me fresh and fragrant today!! 🌸

Please
or

CorneliaStreet · 30/04/2022 12:26

I was thinking of going for Neroli Portofino today but instead am trying Francis Kurkdijan Aqua Vitae, which is a slightly odd mixture of orange and sandalwood. Should have gone for the neroli instead!

Please
or

29ac · 30/04/2022 13:20

May I join?

I’ve chosen Nishane Ani for today. I’m never sure how I feel about this one!

Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 30/04/2022 13:39

Welcome @29ac Smile I'm quite new here too, they're a lovely lot.

SOTD Chanel No 19.

Please
or

PutinIsAWarCriminal · 30/04/2022 13:44

I've only just discovered Eternity Moment, and only then because it was offer at Superdrug on Mother's Day. Its my new favourite day perfume.
I really want something Orange / Neroli if anyone can recommend something? When my Mock Orange is in flower its my favourite spring smell.

Please
or

PutinIsAWarCriminal · 30/04/2022 13:45

Oh, just seen the comments on Neroli Portofino! Note to self - read the thread!

Please
or

CorneliaStreet · 30/04/2022 14:18

Miller Harris Lumiere Doree is a lovely neroli, quite similar to Neroli Portofino but a little softer (and cheaper 🙂).

Please
or

ChiswickFlo · 30/04/2022 15:21

PutinIsAWarCriminal

I've only just discovered Eternity Moment, and only then because it was offer at Superdrug on Mother's Day. Its my new favourite day perfume.
I really want something Orange / Neroli if anyone can recommend something? When my Mock Orange is in flower its my favourite spring smell.

Try avon lbd weekend if you can nab some on ebay

It's got a lovely orange flower/citrus top note :)

Welcome @29ac

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mrcpy · 30/04/2022 16:31

Hi everyone!

I smell like a mess because I’ve been trying on perfumes at Boots. Came away eventually with Chanel Chance.

also got one of these pods. Looks interesting. Does anyone have it and does it work? A bit hesitant to decant my expensive perfume into it in case it all leaks out.

Please
or

Mrcpy · 30/04/2022 16:33

Not sure why the image didn’t load

The friendly perfumistas thread 32: spring has sprung 🌷 and we all smell amazing ☺️
Please
or

Form1ess · 30/04/2022 19:46

SOTD Nahema
Those pod things look useful, I've got a few things that don't get worn much because they are in dabbing bottles and I usually end up spilling half the bottle over myself.

Please
or

Gentletribe11 · 30/04/2022 19:48

SOTD is signature by mont blanc... as recommended by some fragrance youtubers. Does anyone else have this one and if so, what can I layer it with to lighten it up?

Please
or

Cauliflowersqueeze · 30/04/2022 22:42

Have any of you popped into Zara recently. The perfumes they have there are amazing and they also have tiny tubes for those of us who can’t decide! 🤔

Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 01/05/2022 00:48

So I went a bit mad in the duty free on the ferry and tried quite a lot of fragrances, which was fun. Ended up buying Hermes Twilly Eau Ginger at a very good price, plus a set of Hermes minis.

Then I arrived at my parents' house to find all my lovely 4160 Tuesdays samples which I'd had delivered there as they don't ship to the EU. Oh my, I am going to have such fun trying them all out this week Grin

Please
or

PutinIsAWarCriminal · 01/05/2022 08:45

Thanks @ChiswickFlo :-)

Please
or

ChiswickFlo · 01/05/2022 08:51

I'm hoping for a bookshop day today :)

So my Sotd should be pp mmm witl but the bottle leaked everywhere so I had to throw it away :(

It'll either be pp angels share or pp mmm btf

OP's posts:
Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 01/05/2022 10:18

Oh no! I do like WITL, it smells exactly as it should.

Please
or

ChiswickFlo · 01/05/2022 12:47

Sotd pp mmm btf

Got 2 novels, 2 books for the dc, a plant and some bedding plants. Also some fitted sheets.

Rock n roll 🤣

OP's posts:
Please
or

ChiswickFlo · 01/05/2022 17:58

Sote kayali vanilla
Pp do a dupe of this so I'll get one once my 10ml is gone
Their duoe of Mmm witl is oos atm :(

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.