Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Prepping for brexit

434 replies

Numberonecook · 20/09/2018 10:42

Ive just started getting some bits together ready for brexit. As a food scientist I am very aware of how much produce comes into the country and the resources needed to get things around the country. Im also aware of the chain and how everything is ‘just in time’ And a delay in the chain could lead to serious shortages and price rises.

This really worries me as there is 5 of us to feed. So, what non food essentials do you think I should also consider? We are not prepping for huge disaster just 6 months or so. I’ve got things like toiletries, loo roll etc. Anything else?

OP posts:
Please
or

BlackeyedSusan · 04/12/2020 20:42

@Onedropbeat Sainsbury's are apparently doing a cupboard special offer aisle as reported by other posters.

Morrisons have offers on tins of beans and tomatoes.

Please
or

ReturntoSpamfritters · 04/12/2020 21:02

Asda also have loads of offers on store cupboard stuff.

Please
or

BlackeyedSusan · 05/12/2020 12:21

That sounds great. I was going to venture to Asda next week. Not that I need much more.

Please
or

ReturntoSpamfritters · 05/12/2020 15:22

I'm hoping that one more shopping trip will do it, too.

Please
or

BlackeyedSusan · 05/12/2020 18:19

Going to try and pick up Christmas presents as well. A few last minute bits.

Please
or

MarshmallowManiac · 05/12/2020 18:38

Happy as got a few last min presentsonly a few left and picked up wreath and extra baubles, hopefully to finish everything by Monday.

Please
or

Squiffany · 05/12/2020 21:28

DH told me this week not to buy anymore tinned stuff. I just told him he’d forgotten about Brexit. Our Brexit stores got us through the first lockdown. I’ve built them up again.
The press are now hinting At upcoming issues, when will they come straight out with it?

Please
or

ReturntoSpamfritters · 05/12/2020 22:25

My money's on the 24th of December

Please
or

ScatteredMama82 · 11/12/2020 20:06

I think the fact that even the BBC are saying there could be problems is a sign that there WILL be supply issues. I don't have space for much more, so I'm just trying not to touch the freezer stuff I have, and live on fresh stuff until we can't get it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?