Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

benefit cheats

179 replies

heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 20:19

im a bit fed up as my partner and i are working and struggling to pay the bills and renovate the house. we got a fix it up house needing alot of work done to it as its all we could afford. we couldnt get a council house as we were not registered drug users/alcoholics or lots of kids. for christmas we bought our son 2nd hand toys and clothes as we are so stretched financially sometimes its bills or food usually a trade off between both. its very hard life and i must admit theres times feel like "whats the point" this isnt a life - especially when i cant afford to put on the heating. on the other hand my brothers girlfriend is feeding her dogs the meat we buy to eat as its all we can afford but its cheap (good enough for her dogs but not for them). she claims lone parent benefit for her 3 kids and have been for almost 12 years. she is out shopping and luncheoning almost everyday. her knickers cost more than the outfit im wearing. they get everything including housing benefit, council tax benefit and income support and my brother earns up to £500 sometimes more a week. they brag about their 60 inch plasma and lifestyle and im ashamed to say im jealous. i can hardly pay the bills let alone buy clothes and nice things as well as have a lovely lifestyle. someone told on them about 10 years ago but she said she was innocent and they said "ok no further action". i want to claim benefits illegally as it seems so easy all i have to do in an interview is say "im innocent" and im off the hook - we would be able to afford to eat properly again and even maybe a holiday or get the house sorted. she has a council house so got a new kitchen recently while mine is over 40 yrs old. if i get caught i can say "im not doing it" and get off with it. my brother has all his mail sent to my parents house so no trail. im getting desperate now and i would trade my awful poverty ridden life for a flashy benefit life but some people do get caught out and i think id be unlucky as im a rubbish liar. should i split up with my patrner so we can afford to live?

OP posts:
heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 21:30

so sorry i understand i sound stupid. you totally deserve your money and dont feel bad about it. it was those that take it too far i was getting at. i guess i was wrong as ive annoyed ppl. not my intention tho. : )

OP posts:
AdelaideRex · 13/05/2012 21:30

Are all the goats moving to Scotland?

Do goats get benefits?

I'd like to put a stop to something.

LineRunner · 13/05/2012 21:32

Goats in Benefits Knickers.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 · 13/05/2012 21:32

Everyone in Scotland has goats and is on benefits Grin

UtterlyButterly · 13/05/2012 21:32

I'm hijacking to say thank you for the link to the dangerous chocolate cake!!!! The answer to all my prayers Grin

As you were....

Olympia2012 · 13/05/2012 21:32

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LadyBeagleEyes · 13/05/2012 21:33

I'm in Scotland and some of my neighbours aren't Scottish too.
Um, why did you ask OP?
Are you in Scotland?

SophieNeveau · 13/05/2012 21:33

You sound like you are very jealous of the SIL and that you don't like her very much. How do you know how much she spends on her knickers? Are you annoyed with your Brother and parents too?

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FartBlossom · 13/05/2012 21:34

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:34

i've got scottish family members too, LBE - want to trade sometime?

BumpingFuglies · 13/05/2012 21:34

Chandon · 13/05/2012 21:35

Well, OP,

It can be bloody unfair, but MN will not hear of it...

But I know a couple who used to really take the mickey, have committed benefit fraud and pretended her H was not her H anymore, she went into a hostel with the kids and...bingo, was given a nice house to live in and then H moved back in (though claimed to not live there).

They were stupid enough to brag about how clever they were as well.

People like this DO exist.

They got caught though, and were both sent to prison (him a year, she for just 6 weeks of which she had to do 3). I think they committed other fraud too. It's a slippery slope, if you gte caught saying "I'm innocent" won't work.

So about your BIL/SIL....their time may come

fanjoforthemammaries7850 · 13/05/2012 21:38

why be jealous of them though?

I mean lots of drug dealers have lots of cash etc but we aren't jealous of them, not much difference in it, you either choose to live a life of crime or you don't.

usualsuspect · 13/05/2012 21:38

Shes jealous of the posh benefit pants I think

MustControlFistOfDeath · 13/05/2012 21:39

I'm jealous of the luncheoning

CakeistheAnswer · 13/05/2012 21:40

You're welcome, Utterly.

UnMember's DH is just rustling one up. Get him to send some round by goat.

heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 21:43

i am sorry if offended anyone. i realise i was out of order. suppose my pint was that the government dont support tax benefits for couples. yes my brother and his partner will continue to enjoy their lifestyle.
for those that are honest - hard times ahead x

OP posts:
heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 21:44

*point

OP posts:
TheUnMember · 13/05/2012 21:44

Goats only get benefits if they're actively seeking work.

AhCannitSeeMan · 13/05/2012 21:45

Where can I get me some posho benefits knickers? Bet they're a bit nicer than my M&S 5 pack cotton specials.

heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 21:45

my brother and his partner are claiming over£30,000 in benefits and he earns £30.000 a year

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Olympia2012 · 13/05/2012 21:45

You should report them. You are complicit in all this if you dont...

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:46

so you said

if it bothers you so much, report them again and give the fraud investigators all the proof they need
heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 21:47

thyere not bragging to me about all their "stuff"

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.