Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

benefit cheats

179 replies

heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 20:19

im a bit fed up as my partner and i are working and struggling to pay the bills and renovate the house. we got a fix it up house needing alot of work done to it as its all we could afford. we couldnt get a council house as we were not registered drug users/alcoholics or lots of kids. for christmas we bought our son 2nd hand toys and clothes as we are so stretched financially sometimes its bills or food usually a trade off between both. its very hard life and i must admit theres times feel like "whats the point" this isnt a life - especially when i cant afford to put on the heating. on the other hand my brothers girlfriend is feeding her dogs the meat we buy to eat as its all we can afford but its cheap (good enough for her dogs but not for them). she claims lone parent benefit for her 3 kids and have been for almost 12 years. she is out shopping and luncheoning almost everyday. her knickers cost more than the outfit im wearing. they get everything including housing benefit, council tax benefit and income support and my brother earns up to £500 sometimes more a week. they brag about their 60 inch plasma and lifestyle and im ashamed to say im jealous. i can hardly pay the bills let alone buy clothes and nice things as well as have a lovely lifestyle. someone told on them about 10 years ago but she said she was innocent and they said "ok no further action". i want to claim benefits illegally as it seems so easy all i have to do in an interview is say "im innocent" and im off the hook - we would be able to afford to eat properly again and even maybe a holiday or get the house sorted. she has a council house so got a new kitchen recently while mine is over 40 yrs old. if i get caught i can say "im not doing it" and get off with it. my brother has all his mail sent to my parents house so no trail. im getting desperate now and i would trade my awful poverty ridden life for a flashy benefit life but some people do get caught out and i think id be unlucky as im a rubbish liar. should i split up with my patrner so we can afford to live?

OP posts:
ObviouslyOblivious · 13/05/2012 20:29

Oh dear. I just ordered The Iron Lady on Box Office. This is going to distract me isn't it.

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 20:29

yes please!
missgrohl · 13/05/2012 20:29

be very careful as nowadays there are people who work for the benefits agency who watch suspects and take videos and photos they also have access to all information,bank accounts,loans even looking at things like car insurance...eveything is computorised....they might be getting away with it but u might not........ur parents are helping with their deception, have a word with them, they could get in trouble too.....i would be tempted to report them....i know its family but ur taxes are helping them and u are working to support them....please dont stoop to their level.....ur child needs u whether u are rich or poor, people go to prison nowadays for benefit fraud, especially if its been long term

Chubfuddler · 13/05/2012 20:31

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Methe · 13/05/2012 20:31

My friend as I actually worked out our incomes the other day.

DH and I both work and earn between us somewhere in the region of 35k. We have 2 kids and a mortgage.

Her and her partner don't and never have and get around 32k. They have 3 kids and live in a council house. One of their children is disabled so they get DLA. She has 1800 a month paid in to her bank account.

Now I love my friend to bits, she is a star but we were both Shock at the figures and I was a bit Angry

We both have Big TVs though.

Dawndonna · 13/05/2012 20:31

I am benefit scrounging scum. I know how to construct a legible sentence, using punctuation, capital letters and grammar.
Good grief, if you're going to post such asinine crap, please do it properly.

TheUnMember · 13/05/2012 20:31

What a load of old rubbish. Benefit cheats? Yeah right. They haven't even got a goat.

curiositykitten · 13/05/2012 20:32

Oh beejeesus.

McHappyPants2012 · 13/05/2012 20:33

I wonder what car they have got

BananasInBloomers · 13/05/2012 20:34

Luncheoning sounds very dirty to me.

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 20:34

i bet they've got one of these

BananasInBloomers · 13/05/2012 20:35

Dawndonna thats because you get it free from the council.

CakeistheAnswer · 13/05/2012 20:35

Anyone need a spork with their cake; it's quite gooey?

CharlieUniformNovemberTango · 13/05/2012 20:35

Could someone explain how to cheat maybe??

I'm claiming benefits. Its near enough a full time job chasing them up and correcting their mistakes. I've no bl

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 20:36

yes please, and a napkin please

BananasInBloomers · 13/05/2012 20:36

UnChartered I bet they have designer clothes and staffies too.

TheUnMember · 13/05/2012 20:36

be very careful as nowadays there are people who work for the benefits agency who watch suspects and take videos and photos they also have access to all information,bank accounts,loans even looking at things like car insurance...eveything is computorised....they might be getting away with it but u might not........ur parents are helping with their deception, have a word with them, they could get in trouble too.....i would be tempted to report them....i know its family but ur taxes are helping them and u are working to support them....please dont stoop to their level.....ur child needs u whether u are rich or poor, people go to prison nowadays for benefit fraud, especially if its been long term

They probable use super computers to monitor forums like this, to pick up key words like 'benefits' 'plasma tv' and 'goat'. Then they can back trace through the IP address. OP, your goat goose is cooked.

olimpia · 13/05/2012 20:36

It's not the OP's fault, folks. It's the BBC and Dailymail which are culpable of convincing people that all benefits claimants have 60 inch TV and council houses are only for Eastern European.

LineRunner · 13/05/2012 20:37

Boredom is not as interesting as luncheoning.

CharlieUniformNovemberTango · 13/05/2012 20:37

Stupid phone!

.... Nope, I can't remember what I was going to rant about. I've been distracted by cake.

I will have a huge bit please. It's been a horrible day and sinking myself into a cake coma soUnds ideal.....

GobblersKnob · 13/05/2012 20:37

Oooh the dog meat, the knickers, a 60" tv and a 40 year old kitchen.

You've pulled out all the stopsGrin

zukiecat · 13/05/2012 20:38

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

TheFlyingFishFinger · 13/05/2012 20:38

I really need cake now cakeistheanswer I might have to do a microwave cup cake Grin

LineRunner · 13/05/2012 20:38

I've never thought about Pricey Benefit Knickers before.

BananasInBloomers · 13/05/2012 20:38

Good effort though C+.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.