Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

benefit cheats

179 replies

heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 20:19

im a bit fed up as my partner and i are working and struggling to pay the bills and renovate the house. we got a fix it up house needing alot of work done to it as its all we could afford. we couldnt get a council house as we were not registered drug users/alcoholics or lots of kids. for christmas we bought our son 2nd hand toys and clothes as we are so stretched financially sometimes its bills or food usually a trade off between both. its very hard life and i must admit theres times feel like "whats the point" this isnt a life - especially when i cant afford to put on the heating. on the other hand my brothers girlfriend is feeding her dogs the meat we buy to eat as its all we can afford but its cheap (good enough for her dogs but not for them). she claims lone parent benefit for her 3 kids and have been for almost 12 years. she is out shopping and luncheoning almost everyday. her knickers cost more than the outfit im wearing. they get everything including housing benefit, council tax benefit and income support and my brother earns up to £500 sometimes more a week. they brag about their 60 inch plasma and lifestyle and im ashamed to say im jealous. i can hardly pay the bills let alone buy clothes and nice things as well as have a lovely lifestyle. someone told on them about 10 years ago but she said she was innocent and they said "ok no further action". i want to claim benefits illegally as it seems so easy all i have to do in an interview is say "im innocent" and im off the hook - we would be able to afford to eat properly again and even maybe a holiday or get the house sorted. she has a council house so got a new kitchen recently while mine is over 40 yrs old. if i get caught i can say "im not doing it" and get off with it. my brother has all his mail sent to my parents house so no trail. im getting desperate now and i would trade my awful poverty ridden life for a flashy benefit life but some people do get caught out and i think id be unlucky as im a rubbish liar. should i split up with my patrner so we can afford to live?

OP posts:
FartBlossom · 13/05/2012 21:18

Im currently on benefits and hate it. I am looking for work and have applied for a few jobs since moving here 2 months ago.

We get DLA due to DS having autism, DH gets carers allowance which does lead to other benefits so we do have quite a bit of money coming in, but its the living off other people's tax that I really dont like. I feel like a scrounger even though we have not lied and we are not cheating the system, we are getting what we are entitled too, but I really hate it. That is the downside to me so even though some people can live with the benefits, to some of us its not a nice feeling. Id much rather be earning all my money and scraping by than living a life of luxury (not that mine is, Im just going by what the OP was saying) on benefits.

LineRunner · 13/05/2012 21:19

Are YOU in SCOTLAND?

FartBlossom · 13/05/2012 21:19

No Im not in Scotland, dont know about anybody else though Confused

Empusa · 13/05/2012 21:19

Are they in Scotland?

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:20

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LineRunner · 13/05/2012 21:20

Not you FartB, it's the OP, Is the OP in Scotland?

TheUnMember · 13/05/2012 21:20

Me? I'm not in Scotland. I'm on my yacht I bought with my DLA.

zukiecat · 13/05/2012 21:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CakeistheAnswer · 13/05/2012 21:21

t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRroLQ7dpz8gyMtvL_a5grcxIT_AxP0JGKIE4yEAva_CHvEDW66

sorry, don't know how to do the clever thing with links.

LineRunner · 13/05/2012 21:22

zukie I'll be along soon with a Wine for us both.

Dawndonna · 13/05/2012 21:22

bananas I nicked every last semi colon. I got the fullstops from the dwp!

FartBlossom · 13/05/2012 21:22

I knew it was the OP, but was it not the OP who asked first?

usualsuspect · 13/05/2012 21:22

Should I be in Scotland?

Olympia2012 · 13/05/2012 21:23

What's Scotland got to do with anything op!?

zukiecat · 13/05/2012 21:23

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:23

i'm not in scotland but my neighbours are scottish

heatherhopper · 13/05/2012 21:24

luncheon snobby -eek ok. wasnt taking the piss sadly. ive been on benefits and it was rough but i didnt have someone else living with me raking in the money. i work hard and have a shitty low paid job. im sorry if got pissed off about missy spending money in designer shops while im raking about in the reduced isles. its not an attack on those on benefits i know plenty ppl that deserve them.
in fact some that have been challenged about their benefits un desdervedly and thankfully kept them.
its about those that take THE PISS!!!!!
two holidays abroad and £80 boots for her and her child ffs i cant afford that! busting my as for f#~k all!
they drink, smoke hash and go out all the time.
maybe i could have put it better : (

OP posts:
zukiecat · 13/05/2012 21:25

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FartBlossom · 13/05/2012 21:27

I fancy living in rural scotland. Though I like hot weather and unsure how hot it gets up there.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 · 13/05/2012 21:28

not very

PreviouslyonLost · 13/05/2012 21:29

Ticks all my boxes so far OP...panting and breathless for next '50 Shades Of Shite' style journo Media research post --.

You should be done under the 'Incitement to Bore with predictable MN Bingo comments and cloven hooved transparent twattery' Act (U.K) 2012.

10 minutes lost, you owe me Grin

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 · 13/05/2012 21:29

I am in Scotland and some of my neighbours aren't Scottish

UnChartered · 13/05/2012 21:30

maybe i've got your proper neighbours, Fanjo - like on an exchange visit?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 · 13/05/2012 21:30

yes, that could be it! Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.