My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This forum is the home of Mumsnet classic threads.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mumsnet classics

Does parking on a closed road count as a live parking thread? 😁

787 replies

DailyMaui · 21/04/2022 19:50

So they have closed the road I live on to resurface it. It will be closed for the next two nights. We’ve had multiple letters from the council, there have been signs up for at least a month and yesterday they painted NO PARKING THURSDAY AND FRIDAY all over the road.

8 cars are still parked there with 15 minutes to go until resurfacing begins. One of the cars is right outside my house and when I saw them out the window, I tried to explain to the two women (looking like they were off for an evening in town) that they were probably not going to be able to get their car until morning but they told me to fuck off!

The road is lorry central, a guy is taking pictures of the remaining cars… it’s all go here.

Anyone know what they do? Do they just resurface round the cars? Tow them away? Do they get brutal? There’s a fair few annoyed looking men in hi-vis walking up and down! Should I get wine and a comfy viewing position?

😉

OP posts:
viques · 21/04/2022 21:00

Oh, this is so satisfying in a very vicarious way!

Terfydactyl · 21/04/2022 21:00

Whoop, parking towing thread. Made my night AND we get pictures.
Shame it's not Friday too, I coulda had some wine. But maybe I'll re read it tomorrow with wine?

Waitingforbabyno1toarrive · 21/04/2022 21:01

When this happened in my parents are they just resurfaced around the cars that didn't move! It looks ridiculous as the new road surface is dark black, the old a more light grey. This was done over 18 months ago and no attempt to get the 5 patches where cars were parked on the day 😂🙈

TurquoiseSwirl · 21/04/2022 21:01

Can’t believe you warned them and their response was to swear at you!
absolutely love that they towed their car! And first!

DailyMaui · 21/04/2022 21:02

No further cars have been towed - that I know of. The road bends so I cannot see what went on further up. It’s a main road into the town centre and they have closed the whole thing so probs others.

just watching a man doing a very scientific measuring of half the road using baby steps.

Does parking on a closed road count as a live parking thread? 😁
OP posts:
AllOfUsAreDead · 21/04/2022 21:02

Please photograph the women when they come back. Bet they knock on your door and blame you.

CorsicaDreaming · 21/04/2022 21:02

@DailyMaui

FUCK OFF CAR HAS BEEN WINCHED ONTO LORRY

LOL!!

And who said there was no god??!
viques · 21/04/2022 21:05

OP could you print out that lovely picture of the fuck off woman’s car and tape it to the tree?

Summersdreaming · 21/04/2022 21:05

This thread is extremely satisfying 😄well done OP

Chishnfips · 21/04/2022 21:07

Ooo we had this same show a few years back when they were resurfacing the road outside my now DHs flat. It was top floor too so we had a great view watching about 12 cars get towed. We sat and waited for everyone to come back totally fuming their car was gone.

Badger1970 · 21/04/2022 21:08

You're completely spoiling us OP Grin

ambereeree · 21/04/2022 21:08

@DailyMaui I was parked on the road earlier and I was thinking some dickhead will leave their car there on get all ragey on the local fb site.

Matchingcollarandcuffs · 21/04/2022 21:08

Between this thread and Taskmaster I'm having the best evening of 2022

BringBackCoffeeCreams · 21/04/2022 21:10

I have covid and need to sleep but I need to stay up until fuck off woman returns more.

FrangipaniBlue · 21/04/2022 21:10

I think the OP has just won the internet Smile

tiredanddangerous · 21/04/2022 21:11

Oooh finally a thread I can get invested in! You know you can't go to bed now op? We'll need real-time updates when fuck off woman comes back!

Spaghag · 21/04/2022 21:11

DailyMaui · 21/04/2022 21:02

No further cars have been towed - that I know of. The road bends so I cannot see what went on further up. It’s a main road into the town centre and they have closed the whole thing so probs others.

just watching a man doing a very scientific measuring of half the road using baby steps.

Oh that's hilarious 😂

WeBurnedSoBrightWeBurnedOut · 21/04/2022 21:11

What an absolute joy this thread is! There's nowhere else i'd rather be right now.

OP you have set the bar and it is HIGH!

CorsicaDreaming · 21/04/2022 21:11

@viques

OP could you print out that lovely picture of the fuck off woman’s car and tape it to the tree?

Yes @DailyMaui - I think you need to laminate it for maximum effect
Mumteedum · 21/04/2022 21:13

Waitingforbabyno1toarrive · 21/04/2022 21:01

When this happened in my parents are they just resurfaced around the cars that didn't move! It looks ridiculous as the new road surface is dark black, the old a more light grey. This was done over 18 months ago and no attempt to get the 5 patches where cars were parked on the day 😂🙈

Same here. 🤦🏻

BurnerPhone · 21/04/2022 21:14

This happened to me about 10 years ago when I went to visit my boyfriend and parked on a side street near his flat in the city centre and didn't see the sign that said no parking during these dates (because they were stuck to the parking meters and parking was free after 6pm so I didn't go and check) and they towed my car away and charged me £150 to get it back! I literally cried in the pound as I was a student and wrote letters to complain how unfair it was and nobody ever wrote back the sofa. I still hate that city council now Grin

Zonder · 21/04/2022 21:14

Please DO NOT leave the window until fuck-off woman comes back to find her car gone.

Billandben444 · 21/04/2022 21:18

Perhaps rude woman told high-vis to fuck off as well which is why they so graciously removed her car.

DailyMaui · 21/04/2022 21:18

ambereeree · 21/04/2022 21:08

@DailyMaui I was parked on the road earlier and I was thinking some dickhead will leave their car there on get all ragey on the local fb site.

Oh god they will won’t they? There’s been a sign at the bottom for weeks and they painted the road. Really hard to miss this was happening.

I actually watched fuck off woman look at the painted “NO PARKING THURS AND FRI” and shrug. That’s why I bolted out to tell her.!

OP posts:
MsAdoraBelleDearheartVonLipwig · 21/04/2022 21:19

Matchingcollarandcuffs · 21/04/2022 21:08

Between this thread and Taskmaster I'm having the best evening of 2022

Same! 😂

We once had the misfortune to be staying in a hotel where they were resurfacing the road out front. Massive tarmac lorries and trucks reversing up and down the road all night with reversing alarms going. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. All bloody night. Luckily we had ear plugs.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.