Please
or
to access all these features

IVF/FET May June 2

PMAmostofthetime · 27/07/2022 14:18

@LKSF
@coops
@Dobcaty @Hopefortansy85

It won't let me add anymore for some reasons the threads filling up so thought I'd make a new one x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dobcaty · 27/07/2022 14:27

@PMAmostofthetime thank you to setting up the new one.

How are you today?

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 27/07/2022 17:31

Hi @Dobcaty- I feel like Iv strained my stomach today.
I'm itching to test today.
How are you? X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dobcaty · 27/07/2022 19:59

@PMAmostofthetime so you not tested yet, well done to holding off. It's not long until Monday, I know how easy I can say this though 😉
I'm fine thank you, waiting to af to turn up which only a few days away now (currently on cd24/11dpo) so I can make the call to arrange the first FET cycle. As you know I had all blood tests came back negative or in normal levels, so next time I will take off the tww (or actually going aboard to proper holiday too) as my DH thinks for me the biggest negative factor is stress from work and my work includes heavy lifting too which I cannot avoid sometimes.

Do you have any symptoms? Or do you try to avoid symptoms spotting too?

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 27/07/2022 22:22

@Dobcaty that's my plan of this doesn't work as my job is very stressful and can involve unavoidable lifting too.

I have just thrown up! Fell all hot and sick so hoping it's a symptom and not a bug.

The other symptoms could all be progesterone ..... except I just caved and tested! It's a BFP!!!!
Excited but scared x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 27/07/2022 22:37

@PMAmostofthetime Congratulations!!!! So happy you got your BFP that vomiting is the sure sign!!! When can you officially report to your clinic? So so happy for you!
i had my FET today, all went well. I hope this tread is a lucky one for all of us! 🤞🏻

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 27/07/2022 22:40

@Hopefortansy85 I hope so- how are you feeling!
I literally refused to lift of bend for 5 days so it obviously helped!

I'm excited but scared- long way to go yet I can report on Monday. So I'll be testing daily now x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 27/07/2022 22:54

@PMAmostofthetime wish I had shares in first response!
I know it’s like one hurdle after another with this and Monday will feel like a lifetime! at least you get an earlier scan than you would naturally. Unnerving and exciting all at once! Got everything crossed for you though!
But that test looks strong as it could do!
I’m fine boobs are becoming their own continent on my body and hurt but otherwise fine. There was proper drama in our clinic today, one lady was NOT happy, not sure what went on but they were running and hour and a half behind and they all looked proper stressed!! Refunds and all sorts going on ( I don’t get out much 😂)

im a furniture restorer and upholsterer ( thankfully self employed) so I’ve put myself on lazy lady rest for 5 days, otherwise I can’t stop myself from lifting stuff, last time moved furniture, and blew my tyre on the way to work so gave myself a massive shock. So this time I’m locking myself in so I can’t do anything or be unlucky. 😂

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 27/07/2022 23:01

@Hopefortansy85 That does sound like a drama!

Rest is definitely the way forward I wfh for the first week and Iv not been lifting or bending.

Any idea when a scan will be? The IVF due date calculator says I'm 4 weeks pregnant today which seems insane! X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 28/07/2022 04:30

@PMAmostofthetimesorry my electricity went off last night for 3 hrs so my phone died!

My clinic has the Accounts/ reception where people wait, I think it should be further away, you hear everyone’s business which isn’t good. My husband said from day one it’s a stupid layout for privacy.

I’m pretty sure our clinic said if you are pregnant they do a viability scan at 7 weeks so yours should be in 3 weeks time, but I’m not sure if all clinics are the same, I read at that point your baby is 5-9mm and the sac is up to 2cm, but they can still find a heartbeat which is so cool for something that tiny! Then you have your normal scans so you get another at 12weeks ish so that extra scan gives you knowledge before 12weeks how things are going. Again scary and exciting. It’s a good job everyone is so nice to you during ivf we all need it with the rollercoaster we are on!

Please
or

Dobcaty · 28/07/2022 06:41

@PMAmostofthetime 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 OMG! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Please
or

Dobcaty · 28/07/2022 06:45

@Hopefortansy85 congratulation to being PUPO! Hope this thread going to be the lucky one!

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 28/07/2022 07:59

@Hopefortansy85 I checked my guide last night and it said in 3 weeks time

No one knows we are doing ivf just my one boss. So it's been a journey, we are also going to try and keep quiet until 20 weeks to make sure everything is fine.
So us and you guys are all that knows.

@Dobcaty Thank you

Stressing this morning no FRER left like how can that happen! So I did a clear blue 6 days earlier and the bloody thing errored no result so just had to use a HCG dip stick- There's a few FRER being delivered today from Amazon but honestly I'll probably just go and buy some now 🙈. X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 28/07/2022 08:38

@Dobcaty thanks, I’ve suddenly become superstitious waving at magpies and I found a lucky Cornish pixie in my estrogen Medication box last week randomly (it’s been in my drawer ages it just turned up in the house one day) so I’m clearly one stage to being a fruit loop, it’s amazing what wanting something will make you do, all mumbojumbo but I can’t stop myself now 😂😂I’m on a roll 😂😂

@PMAmostofthetime oh wow that’s tough to keep quiet, but I totally understand it’s nice to have something to yourselves for a while. Im jealous of that.
I work up at my parents and my mum helps out and works with me sometimes but she is semi retired. And my husband being 55 they knew he had to have a vasectomy reversal.etc.
So no getting away with being quiet so everyone knows in my family.
Don’t really have friends so that’s not been and issue, but wouldn’t have told them if we did have them, too much effort.
My brother went through IVF with his second and only told everyone in our family 4 years, but I’m not sure if they told their friends, they seem very close to them you know the sort of group that ring each other every day.
But it’s everyone’s choice when and how. If it doesn’t work out they all know I have other embryos and we say ‘oh well a shame but onto the next’ and it keeps us positive. We haven’t got to stressed level yet. My clinic Dr told me I’m always so happy it makes everyone around me happy, I like to feel positive all the time, I was so miserable before I met my husband and now I feel so happy, I like that feeling and want to keep it that way, because things feel better when they go bad, if I remain happy and positive.
There is no point in worrying twice about something, why worry 3 weeks to the scan and then worry at the scan, it achieves nothing and isn’t good for you.
So as soon as I took this on, I just stopped dwelling in worry. So in a non hippy sense I’m sending you lots of nice positive thoughts, I hope you and you OH float on a cloud for the next 3 weeks and not worry until something happens. Because it might never happen. Xx

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 28/07/2022 08:58

@Hopefortansy85 Thank you! That's a lovely way to live. I catastrophes a lot so I will be trying to take that stance for definite! X

OP's posts:
Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 28/07/2022 10:37

@Herewegoagain881 here you go! Thank you.

I've heard Hair loss is bad from the hormones. Do you have any Frosties? X

OP's posts:
Please
or

LKSF · 28/07/2022 12:10

@PMAmostofthetime thanks for making this new thread….I’ve only just realised! Have your tests arrived yet from Amazon?
Mine just came…I quickly shoved them in the wardrobe ready for Sunday 🤞🏼

@Hopefortansy85 Good luck on being PUPO - sending baby dust!!

xx

Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 28/07/2022 12:36

@LKSF many thanks, hopefully the embryo glue works and it’s a clingy one!

@PMAmostofthetime i forgot to ask did you have any symptoms in the first 5 days, that’s when they say the magic happens?

Please
or

Herewegoagain881 · 28/07/2022 13:25

@PMAmostofthetime perfect!! I hope you get your tests in soon, I recommend testing with the cheap sticks as well as frer (like the one-step ones) as they are good for seeing line progression. I actually prefer them now to the frer as I had a bad experience with frer last time.

I have 1 frostie left, and we won't be doing any more retrievals. But we're a very happy family of 3 that worries if we will cope with another (very busy jobs/kids are expensive etc) and the risks of the unknown, so I keep going back and forth on it. I think in the end we'll do it though but I don't think we'll be too impacted if it doesn't work, so I guess that's a pretty good place to be!

Please
or

Coops0406 · 28/07/2022 14:33

@PMAmostofthetime thanks for setting up and adding me. I hope your tests have arrived! I'm armed with 6 FRER tests!

@Hopefortansy85 congrats on being PUPO! When is OTD for you?

Tomorrow the progesterone starts! The joy of pessaries and injections again! A week today I'll hopefully be PUPO by this time! 😍

Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 28/07/2022 15:10

@Coops0406 thanks, test date the 7th august I’m hoping my OH will let me test before this time 🤣 no fear of the trigger giving us false hope! I will work on him soften him to the idea…cook his favourite dinner.. tell him how handsome he is 😂

I hate the pessaries but if it makes me pregnant I’m all for it! I found a pharmacy that do them £5 less than the one I went to before, I didn’t realise they could vary that much, it’s a bit naughty because it’s not like they are on the shelf and you can price compare! So if I take them for 12 weeks that’s £60 saving which is a substantial amount!

we should all club together and buy the FRER tests in bulk, save a small fortune!

Please
or

LKSF · 28/07/2022 16:46

@Coops0406 Aww exciting, hopefully the next week will go quick for you so you can have your little embaby on board!

Really praying this is a positive thread for us all 🙏🏻🤞🏼❤️

Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 28/07/2022 17:14

On a Note totally away from embryos and such like I’ve not been drinking for what seems like forever, 7 months but started cutting back before then and I would thouroghly recommend 2 fake wines if you miss a cold glass of something on a Friday night this might ( won’t fully) help .
Eisberg I found the Chardonnay and rose the best and Community. Co by alchemy wines, is good for bubbly.
I’ve just popped a bottle of the Chardonnay in the fridge. OH and I miss the ritual of sharing a bottle of wine on a weekend so this suffices.

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 28/07/2022 17:25

@LKSF I went and bought 4- they are on offer in boots and on Amazon at the moment and 2 came from Amazon and another 2 are due before 10. I'm sticking with FRER after the digital clear blue wouldn't work this morning and have me a breakdown.

@Hopefortansy85 absolutely nothing the day after transfer I had a tiny bit of brown discharge ( sorry TMI) and I mean tiny. But I think that was where they had been prodding me.

The last few days though my stomach feels strained- i have hip pain and groin pain. I'm exhausted and I've lost my appetite and the thought of foods I usually love makes me feel sick.

@Herewegoagain881 that's is a good place to be- I used the cheap sticks this morning and there were faint lines- what was your bad experience with FRER?

@Coops0406 that's so exciting!!! Glad your armed with FRER- I thought I had plenty in- I'm that much of a serial tester I didn't realise how many I'd used. 🙈

X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Coops0406 · 28/07/2022 18:01

@Hopefortansy85 🤣🤣🤣 i'm sure he'll give in! Anyway, you should be chilling...he should be cooking all your favourite dinners and showering you with compliments! 🤣
I don't think I could wait until OTD! I never have, although for my fresh transfers I only tested 2 days early! For my last frozen I tested from 4dp5dt!

@LKSF thanks so much!! Well the thread has started off well with @PMAmostofthetime giving us a BFP so let's keep the positivity going!

@PMAmostofthetime I know I'll probably test every morning from 7dp5dt! So that will use 5 tests to OTD! But if I'm lucky enough to get the excitement of getting a positive then that will mean they will all be gone in one day 🤣

Please
or

Hopefortansy85 · 28/07/2022 20:36

@PMAmostofthetime thats reassuring to know that not everyone has tons of symptoms, you read all these things about people knowing etc it make you feel something is wrong when you don’t get them! Sound like your symptoms have come later in your 2ww. Have you done more tests yet?

@Coops0406 saving up the helpful husband tokens for if I get pregnant 🤣, he is actually really good I literally cook dinner (because it stresses me out when he does it, because he is stressed, because I’m a pretty good cook and he worries, and I like cooking it’s easy for me) and he does everything else, literally.
I could probably get him to peel me a grape if I got pregnant 🤣 he is that kind

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.