Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

This is really it!!! Definitely losing weight

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 14:20

So after struggling with weight gain since 2020 and drinking farrrrr to much Diet Coke I have officially declared myself as a total disgrace !!! I absolutely need to shift this weight and after trying weight watchers, SlimmingWorld, keto, slim fast, you name it- i have tried it all so I'm doing good old fashioned sensible eating this time with no restrictions!!! I want to loose 3 stone and I will
Do it!!! Anyone joining me???

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ambertonix · 10/05/2022 14:49

Ive got about 6 stones to lose. It has piled on since i got married nearly 8 years ago. Ive completely let myself go and become far too comfy but i hate looking at myself. I will definitely join you. Im really,really lazy though so may need some encouragement to get my (rather large) arse in gear!

Please
or

worriedatthistime · 10/05/2022 14:50

Yes have about 6 to loose but aiming for a stone by end of june as going on holiday
Need some help as few days in and nothing

Please
or

worriedatthistime · 10/05/2022 14:51

Putting al my food in MFP and trying to keep under 1200 with a little more on weekends but not sure if too drastic or not enough?

Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 15:15

We got this ladies!!! No time
Like the present and all
That !! I'm trying to lower my sugar/ carb intake and stop the fizzy drinks. I also need to walk more so I downloaded some tunes for my earphone to inspire me to walk. I would love LOVE to fit into my size 12 jeans ( with no bulges) all my weight is on my tummy which is frustrating 🙈

OP's posts:
Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 15:19

@worriedatthistime is MFP good? I've never really been good at logging food ( maybe that's why I'm fat 😂)

OP's posts:
Please
or

worriedatthistime · 10/05/2022 15:37

@marshmallowmama it is easy to do but I am only a couple days in so if I am still tracking as well in a week or 2 who knows
Myself and dh have tried to make some lifestyle changes , cutting out takeaways , doing more exercise and making better dinner choices as dh also needs to loose a couple stone.

Please
or

AnxietyLevelMax · 10/05/2022 15:45

Yes yes yes! Literally few days ago i said to myself no more coke or late food. Lets do this!

Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 17:04

@AnxietyLevelMax let's go girl!!!! I'm
Being serious I simply can't continue to put weight on at the rate i currently am. It's now or never

OP's posts:
Please
or

Twokidsanddone · 10/05/2022 17:08

After two kids and too many take aways from the sleepless nights too tired to cook I've 4 stone to shed. Any tips would be appreciated! I enjoy running but feel sick at the idea of people seeing me in public. But got to start somewhere!

Please
or

Loopielu · 10/05/2022 17:13

Good luck all. I decided enough is enough and started calorie counting on 2 January. After years of faddy diets it's a revelation!

I use Nutracheck to count my calories, it's a great app. Lost about 24ibs so far. Got another 2 or 3 stones to go but happy to take the scenic route!

Please
or

Twizbe · 10/05/2022 17:16

I can really recommend Noom if you want to lose weight and keep it off. It's very basic calorie control but the lessons that go around it really help with figuring out why you eat like you do.

Please
or

SergeiL · 10/05/2022 17:20

Please can I join? I am on a 16:8 thread but it’s quiet. I had an epiphany last week when I was just about to make toast and peanut butter for my breakfast but then realised I wasn’t in any way hungry. I have found the fasting really easy on week days. Less so on the weekend….

I have got about 4 stone to lose (3 is probably more realistic) and I reckon I dropped about 4lbs last week (mainly water).

Please
or

Sunshineandrainbow · 10/05/2022 17:22

I will join you, I think I am about 18 stone...
I started fat secret app this week after a patient remarked on my weight and I was devastated.
The app is based on calorie counting and makes me think what I have.

Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 17:30

@SergeiL yes please come join our gang we would love to have you! 😁😁😁

I did fasting a while back and absolutely loved it and found I lost weight quite easily so I'm incorporating the principles of fasting to my diet ( ie I'm not eating after dinner and then not having breakfast until 11/12 as supposed to when I wake up at 7

But I'm not telling myself that I'm fasting because then I start being a dick and want to have midnight parties with all the buns lol

OP's posts:
Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 17:34

@Sunshineandrainbow hey welcome aboard !!! Why is it so hard to loose weight? Honestly it's so frustrating. I need to loose about 3 stone. I seem to have even developed a fat neck which I cought a glimpse of in the changing room mirror 😏

OP's posts:
Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 17:35

@Twizbe I keep hearing Noom being mentioned. Is it free ? I'm a real cheapskate when it comes to paying for stuff lol

OP's posts:
Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 17:58

I was actually going to be extremely enthusiastic and buy myself a nice pair of mom jeans in my 'wannabe' size so that I can have a little incentive- maybe try them on every few weeks etc to see progress. Not sure if that's being silly tho?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Twizbe · 10/05/2022 18:00

marshmallowmama

@Twizbe I keep hearing Noom being mentioned. Is it free ? I'm a real cheapskate when it comes to paying for stuff lol

It's not. You can do a trial for £1 and then it's supposed to be £49 a month.

I went to cancel it the day before I'd be locked in for a month (make sure you take note of the date that happens, it's 2 weeks into your month trial) and they offered me a reduction to £19 a month. I obviously told them I was cancelling because it was too expensive.

So far I've lost 5kg / 11lb in about 2 months. I've also noticed that I'm making better choices about my food and being more mindful over what I eat.

I've just changed my goal. I was planning just another 2kg but now I'm going for another 4kg loss. It feels totally doable.

It also feels possible to keep it off as I know how to avoid my emotional eating

Please
or

SergeiL · 10/05/2022 18:01

I think it’s a good idea to have an incentive. I had one a few years back when I lost about 3 stone but the thing I rewarded myself with didn’t matter how fat I was, so I put it all back on.

Please
or

SergeiL · 10/05/2022 18:03

@marshmallowmama glad to hear that fasting worked for you. You are doing similar fasting hours to me so we can non-fast together, without the midnight buns!

Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 18:25

@SergeiL I like the sounds of that lol are you reducing your carbs? I'm trying to simply make better choices with zero pressures, I feel when I stress too much about a particular thing I end up failing,so if I really really want a bar of chocolate then I will have one. But only one. Looking back over the past few years I have become a ridiculous grazer. Always snacking, always having a 'wee taste' of something. There was one day last wee I literally had 3 bars of chocolate and half a packet of biscuits for no real reason. Who actually does that?

OP's posts:
Please
or

WoodlandWalks123 · 10/05/2022 18:33

Hi all, please may I join? I have covid at moment but as soon as I’m better I’m on it! Thinking of 16:8 - not tried it before though. Would you recommend? I tried Noom previously and couldn’t get on with it.

Please
or

SergeiL · 10/05/2022 18:38

@marshmallowmama yes I am also low carbing . I have done it before and found it easy and the weight came off easily but then I fell off the wagon due to hurting my ankle and going on holiday and have struggled to get started with it. I have been making way too many excuses!

@WoodlandWalks123 I am finding fasting much easier than I expected. Some days I am doing over 16 hours without trying! I have been having milk in tea and coffee for now but am going to switch to black coffee tomorrow. Some people ease into it gently but I just tried it last week when I didn’t fancy breakfast.

Please
or

marshmallowmama · 10/05/2022 18:40

@WoodlandWalks123 welcome
Hun!! 16/8 is definitely better than nothing but when I was fasting I did 22:4 I found it gabe me better results and I wasn't hungry BUT sometimes it's nice to have a social
Life and meet friends for lunch/ dinner

I'm very loosely doing fasting but I'm
Not stressing, one day might be better than the next etc

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lynnthesearesexnotgenderpeople · 10/05/2022 18:44

I have started doing 16:8 and it seems to be going OK for me. Part of the reason I like it is that the only rule is 'no eating after 8pm and before 12pm', that's the only thing to think about.

So I don't need to worry whether I have had the wrong thing, or if I have eaten too much of something, or counting calories or carbs and there are no other restrictions, you either eat or you don't (although obviously the idea is you don't go completely overboard during your eating hours!).

Plus I have found I am way less hungry during my eating hours than I was before, and I'm not thinking about food so much all the time either, if I know I am outside of the eating window I just forget about it. I have lost a couple of pounds already but I had put on a couple over the Easter holidays anyway (which was what nudged me into putting the brakes on in the first place!)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.