My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get tips on theatre and art from other Mumsnetters on our Culture forum.

Culture vultures

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

891 replies

LoonyLyraLovegood · 20/07/2007 10:46

I thought it was time to move over here from Telly Addicts as we're now discussing Joseph the musical, and not Any Dream Will Do. The other thread was about to get too full anyway.
Berrie, Oggsfrog, BoingBoing, Binkleandflip, Slayerette and any other fans, sign up here.

OP posts:
oggsfrog · 31/08/2007 07:23

BoingBoing · 31/08/2007 09:20

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BERRIE . If it helps, I'm still 2 years older than you. Oops, make that 2 1/2!!! Hands over large tube of Boots Miracle Cream. (yes, it DOES work!)

Yep, I finally paid the tiscali bill - snaffled DH's credit card when he wasn't looking and paid up for the next 12 months. Sheer genius!!!

Sadly, I haven't been away, I've been cooking the books for the taxman, who I'm expecting any minute. So if you never hear from me again it's because I've been locked up for fraud, with the key thrown away.

I'm glad you had a great holiday Lyra, it sounds amazing. All I got was 1 day in Boscastle. I'm not sure that counts

Back later, probably in need of a large drink after a day of tax......

Berrie · 31/08/2007 10:11

Ahh thanks everyone. (Berrie feels a warm glow!)
Oggs, DH was ill on anniversary night so last night we went out. For the first time we all stayed over at my Mum's. We went out and had a lovely meal while Mum babysat and we congratulated ourselves all evening on what a good idea it was and how we could do it more often. Anyway, upon retiring to bed, ds had terrible coughing fit and just couldn't stop, his inhaler didn't seem to do the trick this time (I am wondering if it is because my Mum smokes in her house)so we ended up sitting in the garden in the dark until he was ok. Next dd woke up saying she was scared and woudn't go back in her cot and sat between us talking in a very loud voice for what seemed like hours before going to sleep while we fell off the edges of the very small bed. It was a looooong night of DOOOOOOOM!
Anyway. Am about to open presents and have a hearty breakfast before making a decision on the sculpture park so feeling all birthdayish
Binkle dd's is on the 28th too!
Lyra, what day is yours?

BoingBoing · 31/08/2007 10:23

Oh dear, that doesn't sound so good. I hope you have a better day today then! I'm very jealous of the late breakfast - I hope you're being spoilt rotten and aren't just having a bowl of cornflakes I'm also very jealous of the Andy Goldsworthy visit, I'm also a huge fan of his work.

And I'm online again as the blardy taxman hasn't arrived yet.

Berrie · 31/08/2007 10:58

Yep, delicious breakfast punctuated by cards. Ds had drawn us holding hands with lots of kisses inside which was lovely as it's the first time he's been able to do that for me. ...and enough cash to buy or rather put towards, the handbag that was too expensive to buy for myself
Hope the taxman turns up soon!

BoingBoing · 31/08/2007 12:25

Awww bless. DS sounds a sweetie. Is it a nice handbag?!

Taxman's been and gone. They haven't led me away in cuffs, so I'll just wait to see what he emails me with next week. But the good news is that we get to claim back 70% VAT on ALL the building work we're having done as it's 'The Farmhouse'. Yipeee!!!! I think I might just have to go shopping before DH spends it on another moo-cow.

Berrie · 31/08/2007 16:23

But of course! Now I am about to return to the workforce...or at least sort of...I need a bag that befits a working woman rather than something big enough for a couple of nappies, wipes, beakers, rice cakes and raisins and the related spills...that's my flimsy excuse anyway! Wonder what I'll put the books, worksheets, folders etc in?

oggsfrog · 31/08/2007 20:27

Hope you've had a lovely day Berrie.

I'm soooooooooo [green] of you Lyra. You don't happen to have an oversize handbag you could sneak me into the adelphi inside do you

oggsfrog · 31/08/2007 20:28

I will get that bloody emoticon right one day.....

binkleandflip · 31/08/2007 21:02

Happy Birthday Berrie!!

LyraBelacqua · 31/08/2007 21:43

Happy birthday Berrie!
I'm just back (again) from an overnight camping trip to the New Forest/Dorset coast which was interesting. The 3-man tent wasn't big enough (we'd foolishly thought the boys would only count as half each) so I ended up sleeping in the car. We had a lovely time and completely wore the boys out.
Only 4 days till J-day
Berrie, my birthday's on Tuesday. Joseph is my birthday treat, which I had to pay for myself I've been hinting to DP (ie emailing him Amazon links ) that I want a coffee maker.
Oggs, your posts are nutty. I quote: Huzzah!!!!!!

Whoop, whoop, whoop!

The frog has entered the building

Of course I meant it in the nicest possible way. Makes me larf.
What's everyone up to tonight? I'm half watching the BB final while catching up on MN and putting off unpacking the ridiculous amount of stuff you need for a one-night camping trip.

binkleandflip · 31/08/2007 22:00

I am having the sleepover from hell - both my dd and her friend are bad tempered and over tired in general and they have done nothing but gripe since 6.30 and still awake. Argueing over whose sleeping where, with which teddy etc etc - grrrr!!

Is it J-minus 4 days today Lyra?

LyraBelacqua · 31/08/2007 22:05

That doesn't sound like much fun. How old are they?
Four days is rught isn't it? Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...

LyraBelacqua · 31/08/2007 22:09

Or just under 93 hours

binkleandflip · 31/08/2007 22:14

they're both 5 - going on 13. It's actually gone quiet now, so will creep by in a minute and see if they've gone off.

So is it Tuesday you're going? Where are you sitting again?

I am very very

My friend is at the illumination switch on ceremony and reception tonight - schmoozing it up with David Tennant - phoned her earlier to tell her I am pig-sick and jealous and that I begrudgingly hoped she had a great time!

and once again - !

LyraBelacqua · 31/08/2007 22:21

Tuesday, yes, sitting in the third row (I think) of the upper circle. I've got better seats on the 10th.

binkleandflip · 31/08/2007 22:23

they're good seats - my brother sat there the other week (or thereabouts) - said the view was excellent.

LyraBelacqua · 31/08/2007 22:24

Oh good, I'll cancel my order for high-powered binoculars then

Berrie · 01/09/2007 07:57

Thanks for the good wishes.
Tee Hee Hee, I had a Lee dream last night
Not a rude one mind you...his girlfriend was there (not his real one) but there was something between us and lots of sexual tension Dreams are frustrating though aren't they. I didn't feel that I got a real good look at him let alone anything else

Berrie · 01/09/2007 07:59

Lyra, how come you were the one who got to sleep in the car.
Can't imagine how excited you are about your real interaction with Lee.

LyraBelacqua · 01/09/2007 11:18

I could have squeezed in with them but i stayed up late reading and when it was time for bed I decided not to disturb them. Also the car was warmer.
I am looking forward to Tuesday but the Lee lusting has abated a little after weeks with no access to computers, TV or music of any kind. In fact I had a dream about this man last week. Mmmmmm.

Berrie · 01/09/2007 12:18

Never heard of him but can see the appeal!

Berrie · 01/09/2007 12:31

Hey, my spanx pants came!
I was firstly disappointed as I was still fat but once the clothes were on I am very impressed! Bit worried about going to the loo though!

LyraBelacqua · 01/09/2007 14:01

What are spanx pants? Sounds naughty
The young man plays Sean Slater in EastEnders. He's a bit of a bad boy, which adds to the appeal.

Berrie · 01/09/2007 18:03

MAAAssive pants from bra to knee with a fetching little flap for weeing out of

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.