My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get tips on theatre and art from other Mumsnetters on our Culture forum.

Culture vultures

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

891 replies

LoonyLyraLovegood · 20/07/2007 10:46

I thought it was time to move over here from Telly Addicts as we're now discussing Joseph the musical, and not Any Dream Will Do. The other thread was about to get too full anyway.
Berrie, Oggsfrog, BoingBoing, Binkleandflip, Slayerette and any other fans, sign up here.

OP posts:
BoingBoing · 24/08/2007 14:47

Today being 'POET'S' day, AND a bank holiday. I'll be skiving off shortly, for a not very fun week's holiday - the VAT-man's visit is looming next Friday. So, unless I remember to pay my Tiscali bill, I'll be back in just over a week - unless I get locked up for tax fraud before then . Hey, at least the sun's shining at last!!!!

Berrie · 24/08/2007 17:30

Bye Boing, I've probably missed you so there is no point in telling you to have fun and ask where you are going!

Berrie · 24/08/2007 17:40

Yikes, good job Lyra will be back next week, who would talk to me and Binkle in the daytime? Oggs is an early morning / late night girly. Slayerette has desterted us...we do have our Dumblestalker though, she might be coaxed to chat...

Berrie · 25/08/2007 08:25

Don't you just hate it when the thread gets stuck on you....

Berrie · 25/08/2007 12:15

sob...

Berrie · 25/08/2007 21:28

Berrie no mates....

Berrie · 26/08/2007 11:37

Lee on the Elaine Paige show on radio 2 this afternoon (I think it's radio 2)....says Berrie no mates, the only one of us not out having fun on this sunny bank holiday weekend, obviously.....

Berrie · 27/08/2007 10:38

sigh....

Berrie · 27/08/2007 13:10

Berrie considers doing a search to see if her former pals are active on other threads...

Berrie · 27/08/2007 13:41

Lee is on next weeks show by the way...

LyraBelacqua · 28/08/2007 16:24

Hello! I'm back.
France was marvellous, very sad to be back. Weather was great, 30 degrees+ most days and we were staying right by the beach. This was our holiday house, which we left this morning but it feels like ages ago now we're home.
Lots of catching up to do so speak to you all later.

Berrie · 28/08/2007 19:12

Hurray! Lyra is back!

That looks great Lyra. So glad you had a great time and am looking forward to hearing all about it!

LyraBelacqua · 29/08/2007 21:42

Hmm, it's very quiet around here. Where is everyone?
Today's been a bit crap. DP seems to think the best way to get over the post-holiday blues is to declutter the house so I've spent the day surrounded by mess, sneezing among clouds of dust. Yesterday I was lying on the beach. Sob!
We really did have a great holiday. We spent the first week in a mobile home, which was fine but a bit cramped. It was my first time on a campsite. We spent lots of time at the (pebble) beach, the funfair and the pool and ate out lots, and there was a beautiful ancient village nearby with nice restaurants and shops.
Then the second week we moved about 10 miles to Antibes, which was fabulous. The tiny stone 3-storey cottage we rented was amazing, with sea views from all the rooms (you could sit up in bed and look at the sun rising over the sea -bliss). it's owned by a rich American who obviously furnished the entire place at the local antiques store (I was terrified of the DSs breaking something) but it was absolutely beautiful. And it was a couple of minutes' walk from the lovely sandy beach and the over-priced Provencal market, as well as all the shops, restaurants etc. Most days we spent on the beach but one day we spent in Monte Carlo (a short train-ride away) and another on a glass-bottomed boat which the boys loved. We had lots of meals out so I didn't have to cook/wash up. The weather was scorchio, over 30 degrees most of the time (a touch too hot, but I ain't complaining).
So, not pleased to be back but just six days to J-Day! Hurrah!
DP wants us to go camping on the south coast tomorrow so I might not be around for a couple of days.

binkleandflip · 29/08/2007 21:58

That sounds absolutely gorgeous, Lyra, all of it - so glad you enjoyed it and as you rightly say it's nearly time for the Lee-meets-Lyra (sort of!!) 2 week extravaganza to begin!!

I'm so excited for you and cant wait for your report and verdict, it feels like such a long time since I went to watch it now

LyraBelacqua · 29/08/2007 22:05

Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that you last went? have you decided whether you're going to book to see Lewis? I think I might be tempted but will probably have to lie about it to DP He already thinks I'm mad going twice.

binkleandflip · 29/08/2007 22:10

It was last week - 20th August

But that feels like ages ago now - harumph!

I do think I'll go and see Lewis if I can get tickets - just for comparison sake really.

Berrie · 30/08/2007 07:23

Another holiday Lyra?
Thanks for your description, just for a moment I was there...ah well.
Quiet around here? This isn't quiet, this is positively crowded! I've been on my own since last Friday until you came back...everyone has deserted me. Boing went away but I don't know what happened to anyone else

LyraBelacqua · 30/08/2007 09:04

Sadly it looks like the thread might be starting to die out. Where's Oggs and her nutty posts?
Only 5 days till J-Day now...
When's your birthday Berrie? Mine's next week (I'll be 36 ). Looks like we were born within days of each other.

Berrie · 30/08/2007 14:17

My birthday is tomorrow, 36 too I'm feeling a little old now for the first time since my early 20's. I noticed a great big line above my lip. I decided it was all the puckering I've done since having children. The skin on my hands also looks older now too...
You will have gone to school a whole year after me even though I am only a few days older than you.
Have you any plans to do anything nice?

oggsfrog · 30/08/2007 17:15

Huzzah!!!!!!

Whoop, whoop, whoop!

The frog has entered the building

Back online. Blardy, blardy BT . We've had no phone line for a week.It suddenly went dead last Fri morning.

Poor Berrie no mates, did you think I'd abandon you??

Glad you had a top holiday Lyra. By the way I heard that.

'Nutty' posts indeed

Oooh Lyra. Lee!!!!!!!!!! I'll tell you what, I had an X-rated dream involving him the other night

Very nice it was too

Berrie · 30/08/2007 18:11

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS!

Was feeling very sorry for myself! I was beginning to think you might have all gone off me!

your dream!

Am off to try again at anniversary meal tonight though it is now a birthday meal. Tomorrow we are going to see the Andy Goldsworthy exhibition at The Yorkshire Sculpture Park unless FIL finally gets out of hospital as promised.

oggsfrog · 30/08/2007 19:44

I'm Berrie. I love Andy Goldsworthy's work (he lives somewhere not too far from here).

What do you mean trying again with the anniversary meal? What happened?

Presume that you'll already be gone by now, but hope you have a lovely evening

binkleandflip · 30/08/2007 22:57

I wish I'd had an x-rated Lee dream!

I actually did have a kissing dream last night - but it was Chandler from Friends - Why???!!!

I dont find him in the least bit attractive so feeling very cheated indeed!!

My birthday in September too - 28th - will be 36 too.

oggsfrog · 31/08/2007 07:03

Happy Birthday Berrie

oggsfrog · 31/08/2007 07:14

Hands Berrie a beautifully wrapped and be-ribboned gift of a tube of hand cream for her wrinkly hands

Hope you have a great day.

Binkle, I used to like Chandler

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.