Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Cost of living

Oodie is life changing

114 replies

socialmedia23 · 28/11/2022 18:49

If you don't want to heat, you need one in your life. I promise I don't work for the Oodie company. I feel like I never need to switch on the heating ever again!

And I used to be the kind of person who would have the heating switched on at all hours of the day.

OP posts:
Please
or

jtaeapa · 28/11/2022 18:51

I have just got one but find that the inside of it must be shedding loose fibres or something as it makes me cough. Anyone else found this?

Please
or

CanYouFeelMyHeart · 28/11/2022 18:51

I honestly think they're the ugliest things I've ever seen and nothing could induce me to buy one!

Please
or

BusySittingDown · 28/11/2022 18:52

Ooh good to read! I've got us all a family pack for Christmas. I'm dying to wear mine but the DDs don't know and I don't want to ruin it because they'll love theirs. They wear their cheaply ones from last year all the time.

Please
or

LindorDoubleChoc · 28/11/2022 18:53

Love my Ooodie. I only wear it when I'm alone in the house or with dh and dc. I wouldn't wear it on a night out! So who cares if it's not a flattering garment?

Please
or

socialmedia23 · 28/11/2022 18:54

I honestly think they're the ugliest things I've ever seen and nothing could induce me to buy one!

OP posts:
Please
or

earsup · 28/11/2022 18:54

Totally agree....hideous....make everyone look obese...and they waft around...do they get in the way of doing things....??....surely a onesie is better over some thermals...??....saw man in supermarket today....he was obese and was wearing one....so it was all sticking up at the front....cant see how it keeps you warm if you are large person !!

Please
or

Cornelious · 28/11/2022 18:56

I don't have one but I have a very warm and cosy dressing gown that I wore most of the day wfh. What's the actual difference in terms of the purpose they serve? Dc is asking for one but they have a perfectly lovely warm dressing gown also that's only about 10 months old.

Please
or

OhFFS! · 28/11/2022 18:56

I'm large , well enormous, and I love mine. I only wear it at home and not when I am on a video call. But it's super warm and cosy and I love it

Please
or

socialmedia23 · 28/11/2022 18:59

Cornelious · 28/11/2022 18:56

I don't have one but I have a very warm and cosy dressing gown that I wore most of the day wfh. What's the actual difference in terms of the purpose they serve? Dc is asking for one but they have a perfectly lovely warm dressing gown also that's only about 10 months old.

I have a dressing gown but this is so much warmer. I actually feel hot in it (and my heating is not switched on at all!)

I don't quite know why.

OP posts:
Please
or

PerkingFaintly · 28/11/2022 18:59

I've been wearing my (cheapo) oodie over my warm fluffy dressing gown.

I thought the dressing gown was good, but my goodness, this is a whole other league

The oodie doesn't gape at the front, even when you put your feet up, you're as snug as a bug in a rug.

Please
or

Nimo12 · 28/11/2022 19:01

I've got a kuddly and love it so much. One of the best things I've bought this year!

Please
or

megletthesecond · 28/11/2022 19:02

My DD loves hers. I'm not a fan as my washing machine doesn't like washing something so heavy and drying it is a nightmare. Luckily she doesn't get it dirty too often.

Please
or

iloveyankeecandle · 28/11/2022 19:04

Do you have a real oodie?? I have a primark one which I love so deciding whether I need a real one or not. Does it even make any difference??

Please
or

socialmedia23 · 28/11/2022 19:05

iloveyankeecandle · 28/11/2022 19:04

Do you have a real oodie?? I have a primark one which I love so deciding whether I need a real one or not. Does it even make any difference??

i have a real one. never tried the primark one.

OP posts:
Please
or

BayCityTrollers · 28/11/2022 19:27

I love mine but I’m still a bit cold🤣🤣

I’m already obese so can’t blame the oodie for that one unfortunately. They are ugly as fuck but I don’t go anywhere in it so who cares🤷‍♀️ I’ve always worn layers and unattractive comfy clothing at home anyway so nothing new there!

Please
or

CanYouFeelMyHeart · 28/11/2022 19:27

They look so heavy and unwieldy, I think I'd struggle to move my arms around in one.

Please
or

catmothertes1 · 28/11/2022 19:38

I do love a cosy fleece but those are a step too far for me!

Please
or

GuyFawkesDay · 28/11/2022 19:39

Best buy. Ugly as sin but so cosy and warm I don't care

Please
or

ByTheSea · 28/11/2022 19:46

I love my oodie and my kuddli, so warm and cosy, and comfort is what it's all about for me at home.

Please
or

Notanotherone6 · 28/11/2022 20:00

On the other hand, if you hadn't have bought the Oodie, you could afford to turn the heating on.

Please
or

RunLolaRun102 · 28/11/2022 20:03

I just wear my coat with a jumper when I don’t want to heat the house. Both of them plus my joggers are half the price of the Oodie.

Please
or

dragonbreaths · 28/11/2022 20:08

I'm a really cold person. Love my oodie. in fact, its too hot to wear unless its icy cold. I have sheepskin boots and just need to get thermal long pants to keeping my knees warm and I'm set.

Please
or

Hereyeah · 28/11/2022 20:08

I love my Oodie!

Please
or

Ellessdee · 28/11/2022 20:10

Someone bought me an oodie and I can't stand it. It just sits folded in the bottom of my cupboard. It is warm. For sure. But it is so bulky and I felt like I was wearing a duvet.

Please
or

Joyfuljolly · 28/11/2022 20:19

I do worry about people using these and not heating their homes. Yes it makes you warm. But your house is cold and damp. Condensation dampness is in the air, the spores get into the respiratory system and cause illness.

the whole heat the person not the house is Reallu dangerous for health. If you can’t afford to put your heating on then yes, it’s a good thing to have, but if your home is becoming cold and damp then it’s a really bad situation for health. Because you still need to breathe in rhe cold damp air.

Please
or