Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

Anyone still never had covid?

223 replies

Morph22010 · 09/10/2022 10:12

Never had covid, that I know of anyway as don’t regularly test only if I was Feeling I’ll or been in close contact. We’ve had covid in the household twice and only have a small house so couldn’t really isolate but I didn’t catch either time. Not complaining but thinking there can’t be many left that haven’t had. Interestingly neither my mum or dad has had either

OP posts:
Please
or

unsync · 09/10/2022 12:22

Me, but I look after my ECV father. I've quite enjoyed being anti-social since 2020 😊

Please
or

TenoringBehind · 09/10/2022 13:06

Me

my children have had it once each

Please
or

MuckyPlucky · 09/10/2022 13:16

Me & DP both never had it despite my kids having had it and despite us working frontline in Health & Social Care.
Bonkers!

Please
or

Halfwreckedbykids · 09/10/2022 14:27

My parents, my husbands parents and 3 out of 5 in our household haven't had covid.
My dd and ds did and isolated immediately.

Please
or

shinynewapple22 · 09/10/2022 15:01

Not heard that before about the blood group @Gwenhwyfar

Please
or

Gwenhwyfar · 09/10/2022 15:18

shinynewapple22 · 09/10/2022 15:01

Not heard that before about the blood group @Gwenhwyfar

I'm sticking with it as my explanation!

Please
or

urrrgh46 · 09/10/2022 15:27

My parents (ages almost 80 and 79) they have been really careful though and basically shielded themselves for months longer than most people. They've had all their jabs/boosters.

I, on the other hand have had it twice & fully expected it a 3rd time before Winters out.

Please
or

LovinglifeAF · 09/10/2022 15:52

Out of me, my parents, my husband and kids, and my sister and her immediate family, I’m the only one who’s had it. Or at least, who have never tested positive. I know a couple of other people who have said they’ve never had it, but really not many at all. The vast majority of people I know have had it, most of them just once so far.

Please
or

LovinglifeAF · 09/10/2022 15:54

Catonamountain · 09/10/2022 10:21

I've never had it, feel like last man standing! I've done everything too, cafes, restaurants, cinema, gym, flying, hotels, gigs the lot. Fascinates me

I‘m the same, when we were all meant to be shitting our pants about omicron I was at gigs, parties, on packed trains etc and not a
sniff. Finally got it when the only place I’d been was the shops!

Please
or

TheRealHousewife · 09/10/2022 16:02

I've not knowingly had it. I am sensible and don't go to crowded places, ventilate rooms when having visitors and wash hands all the time. I'd really hate to get it as my lungs got scared when I had a severe case of flu about 8 years ago. I try to be sensible.

Please
or

Meeb · 09/10/2022 16:21

We haven't knowingly had it, even dc who has been attempting the cess pit that is nursery for the last two years!

Please
or

Meeb · 09/10/2022 16:22

• attending! Although with all the other bugs picked up it does feel like attempting sometimes!
Please
or

witchesbubblebath · 09/10/2022 16:25

I've never had it. I don't think I know of anyone else that hasn't.

Please
or

Bbq1 · 09/10/2022 16:31

LovinglifeAF · 09/10/2022 15:54

I‘m the same, when we were all meant to be shitting our pants about omicron I was at gigs, parties, on packed trains etc and not a
sniff. Finally got it when the only place I’d been was the shops!

Me too. Never picked it up from theatre, comic con, gigs, 2 holidays, cinema, meals out, dh when positive, etc etc... Then I got it from work. I was verging on smugly thinking I was immune tbh. Nothing would ever or has ever put me off living my life and just proves that going to all those places/being in contact at all hasn't t cause me to have covid. Work did.

Please
or

Phos · 09/10/2022 16:40

Not that I know of.

DH had it in January but neither DD or I got it. DH and I both had some possible symptoms (tired, full of cold, just feeling generally “off”) early in July for a few days but tested negative throughout.

Please
or

Senso21 · 09/10/2022 16:42

I was one of the very few people I knew left that still hadn’t had it, until last week. Just coming out of the other side of it now!

Please
or

PaperPalace · 09/10/2022 16:46

My DD (as far as we know - and she was doing regular testing at school last year).

DH and two DSs and I have all had it.

Please
or

LuckyCat4 · 09/10/2022 18:22

Me and DP. My DC and SDC have had it various times but we haven't. We both WFH and I'm CEV so we were careful for a long time.

However I started with a temp yesterday which is now 38.9 even after paracetamol so I'm guessing I have finally got it (other symptoms too). Tested negative yesterday but will test again later as I know it can take a while to show up.

Please
or

PinotPony · 09/10/2022 18:25

My parents (83 and 76) have avoided it despite having very busy social lives. Both fully jabbed.

DS2 (aged 17) has not had it even though his brother and I have had it at different times.

Please
or

Msgrieves · 09/10/2022 18:26

I don't think I have. I had pneumonia in Jan 2020 which could have been it I suppose, I had a cold about a week ago, didn't test. The only person I know who had a positive test is ds2. The only symptom he had was a slight sore throat.

Please
or

Univalve · 09/10/2022 18:37

Me. Get crowded buses to and from work. Work is in a tiny airless room with several different clients a day. Weekly meetings with at least 30 people round a table, my local shop is a massive Tesco’s and I haven’t done a mask since they stopped being compulsory. Whole household has had it except me, at least once. Test weekly due to job.

Please
or

DoraSpenlow · 09/10/2022 18:59

In our family only my cousin has not had it. Even though it killed her husband (aged 48, no known medical condtions) in 4 days. Tested positive on the Friday, dead on their bedroom floor Tuesday night. Both her kids had it 6 months ago but she still hasn't had it.

Please
or

Mommabear20 · 09/10/2022 20:07

🙋‍♀️ I've never had it that I know of. Loved with DH when he had it and had seen my DM the day before she tested positive both times she's had it. Starting to think it just doesn't like me 😂 I'm definitely not complaining though!

Please
or

LSSG · 09/10/2022 20:53

Me! Had to isolate dh whilst I was pregnant but somehow managed to avoid! He's the only one that's tested positive in our household.

Please
or

RagzRebooted · 09/10/2022 20:57

DH and I haven't. DCs had it twice. I'm a nurse in a GP surgery and most colleagues have had it twice. I assumed I've caught it but fought it off before it stuck long enough to test positive as when DD had it I got the most horrendous headache ever but PCR done that day was negative and I was LFTing twice a week.
That or I'm just immune.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?