Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

Anyone still never had covid?

223 replies

Morph22010 · 09/10/2022 10:12

Never had covid, that I know of anyway as don’t regularly test only if I was Feeling I’ll or been in close contact. We’ve had covid in the household twice and only have a small house so couldn’t really isolate but I didn’t catch either time. Not complaining but thinking there can’t be many left that haven’t had. Interestingly neither my mum or dad has had either

OP posts:
Please
or

Wishfulthinking1977 · 09/10/2022 22:29

Don't think so! But haven't ever tested as never needed to and the only illnesses I've had in the last 2 years were a cold and 2 nasty noroviruses! Dd hasn't either and she had to test all the time and never got a thing even when exposed! X

Please
or

broodyat39 · 09/10/2022 22:31

Never had it and I'm unvaccinated

Please
or

bramblebucket · 09/10/2022 22:46

Me (not that I know of)

Please
or

uncomfortablydumb53 · 09/10/2022 22:54

I've never had it, or succumbed when in very prolonged contact with someone who tested positive the next day

Please
or

mummabubs · 09/10/2022 22:54

Literally all of my family as far as we all know (we don't live together, spread across 4 households, 7 adults and 4 children in total). We've all regularly had LFTs and PCRs come back negative and I've had blood antibody tests through work which also suggest I've never had it. We were very careful until summer last year as my mum is CEV, but by this point I don't think it's anything we're consciously doing and more luck than anything 🤷🏻‍♀️ We now don't know anyone apart from us and one of my work colleagues who hasn't had it.

Please
or

Ragwort · 09/10/2022 23:03

Neither DH, my DM or I have had it ... and none of us were particularly 'careful' about trying to avoid it; I volunteered right through the pandemic, worked in retail and my elderly DM even had a spell in hospital right at the peak of Covid but none of us have had it (as far as we know - I've only felt the need to test on one occasion). Confused

Please
or

MenaiMna · 09/10/2022 23:18

CEV & I've had 6 jabs. My house has not had it (yet).

Please
or

Whattaweapon · 09/10/2022 23:23

Still haven't had it. I'm the only one amongst my family, friends and work colleagues who hasn't.

I have been a close contact several times and didn't isolate when DH had it.

Please
or

KnickerlessParsons · 09/10/2022 23:24

Me and DH. Neither of us has had it

Please
or

CrocodilesCry · 09/10/2022 23:24

Most of my extended family had completely avoided it until just over a week ago 🙄
I'm on day 6, OH on day 9. Sibling had it for the first time as well. I'm hearing of so many people who haven't had it before testing positive now, rather than people having it for the second/third time.

Please
or

Cryingbutstilltrying · 09/10/2022 23:35

Nope, no one in my home has had it.
I worked in healthcare throughout.
DC in school.
have been out and about as much as was allowed.
never washed anything from shops although we did wear masks when it was required, but not recently.
Tested routinely when it was required and nothing.
We have all been vaccinated as much as is allowed for our ages/jobs etc.
I had an antibody test last summer, it was negative for naturally acquired antibodies.
DD has had a mild cold this last week, tested negative, this is the first illness any of us have had since 2019. I can only assume the natural filth my kids live in has protected them (and us!)
im not being cocky about it, in fact I keep expecting it to happen.
but so far we’re the only members of our extended families to not have had it.
others were far more careful than us.

Please
or

angeltop · 09/10/2022 23:36

Neither myself or DH

Please
or

PissedOffNeighbour22 · 09/10/2022 23:57

Neither me or my DP have had it. Out of our entire families only 1 of our siblings has had it.

Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 10/10/2022 00:23

I haven't had it. Neither has DH or adult DS who lives with us.

Please
or

RosesAndHellebores · 10/10/2022 07:25

DH and I haven't had it. The DC, grown up have. We have not been very cautious although have followed the rules. We are both early 60s, waiting for our boosters.

It's worth noting that of a population of 67m only 23m people have had it. Of those I believe 133,000 have died. Mostly very vulnerable people with comorbidities. And we trashed society for it.

Please
or

BloodyHellKen · 10/10/2022 09:53

@RosesAndHellebores where did you get your figures from please?

I'm not disputing them, it's just that I was reading a recent report yesterday that said 90% of the UK population have had at least 1 Covid infection:
www.health.org.uk/publications/long-reads/the-continuing-impact-of-covid-19-on-health-and-inequalities

90% is very different from your <35% !!

Please
or

BigWoollyJumpers · 10/10/2022 10:08

BloodyHellKen · 10/10/2022 09:53

@RosesAndHellebores where did you get your figures from please?

I'm not disputing them, it's just that I was reading a recent report yesterday that said 90% of the UK population have had at least 1 Covid infection:
www.health.org.uk/publications/long-reads/the-continuing-impact-of-covid-19-on-health-and-inequalities

90% is very different from your <35% !!

I agree. ONS have been reporting at least 1m per week for two and half years, therefore even accounting for some people having re-infections, I find that hard to believe.

Please
or

FlipFlops4Me · 10/10/2022 10:12

Nope, my DS and I haven't yet. I am CEV and he is vulnerable so we have been very careful. We are just about housebound except for very local walks with dogs, and I suppose that has helped. I keep a couple of tests in just in case but thankfully, nothing yet.

Please
or

PanicAtTheBigTesco · 10/10/2022 10:12

I find that hard to believe too purely from an anecdotal perspective, I'm the only one in my whole extended family who hasn't had it, only one of two people in my office of 44 people who hasn't had it, only one in mine/DH's close friends who haven't had it...

I know plenty of people who have had it twice, and 4 people who have now had it 3 times.

Please
or

BigWoollyJumpers · 10/10/2022 10:13

Here you are: 70% have had Covid. It was 30% until Omicron came along.

www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/22/seven-in-10-people-in-england-have-had-covid-research-shows-omicron

Please
or

BigWoollyJumpers · 10/10/2022 10:15

And that was back in March - loads more infections since then.

Please
or

RosesAndHellebores · 10/10/2022 10:20

I took them.from UK worldometers. Apologies if they are incorrect.

Please
or

broodyat39 · 10/10/2022 10:22

RosesAndHellebores · 10/10/2022 07:25

DH and I haven't had it. The DC, grown up have. We have not been very cautious although have followed the rules. We are both early 60s, waiting for our boosters.

It's worth noting that of a population of 67m only 23m people have had it. Of those I believe 133,000 have died. Mostly very vulnerable people with comorbidities. And we trashed society for it.

Exactly! Missed cancer appointments and mental health problems have killed more people unnecessarily

Please
or

BigWoollyJumpers · 10/10/2022 10:25

I am hoping that the Covid inquiry will be giving equal consideration to ALL of the issues that have followed the pandemic and the decisions that were made. A big noise is being made by the relatives of people who died, and I understand I really do, but I hope that others that have suffered, particularly the young, will be given due consideration too.

Please
or

reigatecastle · 10/10/2022 11:07

My DH has it currently (for the first time) but I don't appear to have.

NHS LFT showed a strong positive right away when he did the test (I ordered a box when they said we wouldn't be able to have them free anymore, so we had about 4 left of the original 7). Shows that LFTs do work and all the nonsense about having to get a PCR if you had symptoms was bunkum. Like so much else to do with the pandemic.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?