Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

Anyone still never had covid?

223 replies

Morph22010 · 09/10/2022 10:12

Never had covid, that I know of anyway as don’t regularly test only if I was Feeling I’ll or been in close contact. We’ve had covid in the household twice and only have a small house so couldn’t really isolate but I didn’t catch either time. Not complaining but thinking there can’t be many left that haven’t had. Interestingly neither my mum or dad has had either

OP posts:
Please
or

CrispsnDips · 17/10/2022 06:58

No…but I bet I will now! 😄

Please
or

Sweettea89 · 17/10/2022 07:01

I've never had it and I'm CEV- my OH and children all have though, I think as I'm on my 6th vaccination I'm well protected.

Please
or

AuntieMarys · 17/10/2022 07:02

Me! Dh has...we still slept in same bed, stayed in same room etc.
I go out a lot....gigs, theatre, gym...never avoided crowded places. I have never used sanitiser and ditched masks as soon as we could.
Mid 60s.

Please
or

inthemiddlepiggyinthemiddle · 17/10/2022 07:05

Nope, nor DH or DS who works in the NHS! I suspect some people just have greater immunity?

Please
or

TopBitchoftheWitches · 17/10/2022 07:18

I commented earlier on this thread. Last night a service user tested positive,I spent half an hour sat next to her Saturday night when she was unwell (different symptoms), if I escape this time I might just believe I am immune.

Please
or

mavismorpoth · 17/10/2022 07:45

I've never taken a test but only had a tummy bug last year, that's the only sickness I've had the past two years.
I've not had the vaccine. Husband tested positive for it recently but I wasn't sick so never tested.

Please
or

Seveninahouse · 17/10/2022 17:16

Still not had it (test regularly plus zero antibodies and t cells). Exposed to it regularly (teacher)... Unvaxxed and blood type 0.

Please
or

ErrolTheDragon · 17/10/2022 17:20

DH and I have never had it (both just had our 4th vac, Pfizer bivalent). Neither have DD and her BF.

Please
or

mmmflakycrust81 · 18/10/2022 14:18

DH to his knowledge has never had it not has DD luckily - I have had it once with no symptoms. Also breastfeed so hopefully antibodies passed to DD. We are both fully vaccinated.
Have had family, friends and colleagues become seriously unwell with it - its a roll of the dice truly. I dont want to gamble.

Please
or

Spanielsarepainless · 18/10/2022 14:21

My DH and I haven't had it. I have never even been in a position to have a test, though DH had one when he went to hospital for a day.

Please
or

ScrambledSmegs · 18/10/2022 14:23

I was one of you until last week. Been around people who've got it loads. Probably got a bit blasé.

Anyway I've had a horrible weekend and today have the mother of all headaches (I get migraines so am definitely not exaggerating how bad this is).

I know loads of people who never had it before who are catching it now and feeling awful. Whatever strain this is, it's a bastard.

Please
or

Iguanainanigloo · 18/10/2022 14:31

I've never had it (to my knowledge) and probably should have caught it a fair few times as been exposed and flagged as a close contact frequently. DH hasn't either, and neither have our dc. When it was rife in schools, particularly the year groups ours are in, we were all being asked to test every morning before they went in, over the space of a few weeks, every child except our two tested positive. I have no idea how or why? I'd like to think we're super immune, as none of us ever get colds or bugs either, but don't want to announce that and tempt fate!

Please
or

Kualma · 18/10/2022 21:50

I was one of you until last week. Tested positive on Saturday. Thankfully had very mild symptoms

Please
or

SedentaryCat · 18/10/2022 22:19

DH and DC2 haven't had it. DC1 has had it twice and I've had it once.
Not sure how it hasn't spread to the other two but we're beginning to think they might be immune.

Please
or

girlfriend44 · 24/10/2022 16:43

no, fingers crossed i dont get it now ive said this.

Please
or

FrogFairy · 24/10/2022 16:54

Me and my parents have managed to avoid it so far, but two of us are cev so we are very cautious.
DS caught it at university and passed it to his dad.

Please
or

TheLassWiADelicateAir · 24/10/2022 23:21

Not to my knowledge. I'm not cautious either.

Please
or

PanicAtTheBigTesco · 25/10/2022 20:57

It's now in my house for the 4th time so let's see if I get it this time... so far feeling fine

Please
or

Desiredeffect · 26/10/2022 04:05

Nope never had it and had to test twice a week for covid as work in social care. I worked in a care home during all lock downs and had to care for residents who had covid and this was before covid jab. Some residents passed away with covid and I had to do personal care on covid residents. Now a support worker and home has had few cases of. Covid and I still ne er got if

Please
or

CallieQ · 26/10/2022 04:23

Me

Please
or

cushioncovers · 26/10/2022 11:32

I've had 3 vaccines and been surrounded by covid since day one, I work in nhs, family members in the house have even had it and I've not got it until this week. 😩 I was beginning to feel rather smug thinking I had immunity or had had it but didn't even realise early on in the pandemic. But by god it's a shitty illness. I'm currently on day 5 and feel like death warmed up.

Please
or

BigUpAllOfUshereOnMN · 27/10/2022 00:48

I keep expecting to come down with it every time I go to work, travel on trains, go to restaurants, supermarkets, theatre, cinema, hospital appointments, travel in cab. Even had hospital admission and nothing as yet. Covid has been in our house but I didn't get it. Probably will get it and get totally wiped out now that I have made this declaration

Please
or

ErrolTheDragon · 27/10/2022 00:54

DDs just caught it for the first time now.

Please
or

PanicAtTheBigTesco · 27/10/2022 05:25

PanicAtTheBigTesco · 25/10/2022 20:57

It's now in my house for the 4th time so let's see if I get it this time... so far feeling fine

Can't get hold of any tests but the way I feel I think I have finally got it!

Please
or

ShamedBySiri · 27/10/2022 11:14

cushioncovers · 26/10/2022 11:32

I've had 3 vaccines and been surrounded by covid since day one, I work in nhs, family members in the house have even had it and I've not got it until this week. 😩 I was beginning to feel rather smug thinking I had immunity or had had it but didn't even realise early on in the pandemic. But by god it's a shitty illness. I'm currently on day 5 and feel like death warmed up.

Ditto though none of my family members in the house have had it.
I thought I must be immune! Regretting not having the booster vaccine on offer at the hospital now - I've had the first three, but initially the hospital was using Moderna and everyone was complaining of feeling ill after it, some going off sick so I didn't want it. By the time they go Pfizer (which is what I had for the initial three jabs) I had decided I didn't want it. Now here I am, day five and feeling terrible.
Isolating in the bedroom, we only have one bathroom so I wear a mask to the loo, I really don't want DH or DD to get it.
DD is off to London to start an exciting new job this weekend - leaving celebration is off obv and I'll have to wave her away out of the window, I've hardly spoken to her all week, I really don't want her to get ill the week she starts, there's a four month intense initial training and she has signed a very serious contract agreeing to repay £15k training costs if she drops out during the period of her contract.
It'll be a nightmare if she is ill right at the start.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?