Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT???

StuckInARug · 02/12/2021 12:18

I know it’s very very very faint and I’m not even sure it’s there. Photo taken 18 minutes after a 15 minutes test. What do you think??

Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT???
OP's posts:
Please
or

drpaddington · 02/12/2021 20:21

Really hope it comes back negative!

Please
or

custardbear · 02/12/2021 20:23

Fingers crossed for a
Negative

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 02/12/2021 20:24

I personally can't see a line but It is very obvious when it is made like a negative.
Fingers crossed it comes back neg!

Please
or

canadagoose1 · 02/12/2021 20:24

I hope you get a negative x

Please
or

itisthecause · 02/12/2021 20:26

I have both LFT and PCR weekly my PCR have always been negative even when LFT look a bit odd like this.

Fingers crossed for you.

Please
or

Joystir59 · 02/12/2021 20:27

That's negative. Enjoy your flight.

Please
or

BrutusMcDogface · 02/12/2021 20:29

Fingers crossed! The first one I would have said was negative but with a hint of a line....who knows. I’m glad you’re getting the pcr though; I would in your position.
Good luck 🤞

Please
or

Dolan · 02/12/2021 20:29

@PaleGreenGhost

That's what my kid's lateral flow looked like. I read it as negative. Forgot to bin it and looked again that evening and saw a line just like in your pic. He was confirmed positive the day after.

Sorry to say my story is exactly the same.
Was stressful at the time but grateful that we erred on the side of caution and didn't pass on to others. Take care.
Please
or

EasterIssland · 02/12/2021 20:30

Good luck !!

Please
or

Erictheavocado · 02/12/2021 20:34

Based on what pps are saying, every lft I've done since January (so over 100 now), has been positive! Seriously, I could see no line until people started to mess around with the colour saturation etc. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Please
or

sonjadog · 02/12/2021 20:36

I couldn't see a line at all. Surely they are meant to show up without people having to take photos and mess around with the colour on them?

Please
or

logsonlogsoff · 02/12/2021 20:40

We have to take PCRs 24 hrs before we fly next week and absolutely cacking it in case one of us is is ++++

Please
or

OnwardsAndSideways1 · 02/12/2021 20:41

One of my teens had a false positive, just came up when she was fiddling around, perhaps had eaten something prior to testing, was negative on test taken afterwards, and next day and no signs of covid, which she then got a couple of months later. Quite a lot of school kids ended up with one very faint line as a one off which turned out to be nothing, and then when they got covid at a different time point, their lfts were consistent (so say three very faint, then stronger, then fainter).

Basically, you can't tell off one faint test as the tests can produce false positives, you can even make them do that which is also something my children's friends did!

Even PCRs are not infallible as we are now realising, up to 15% of people in early waves tested negative when they had the virus which was not picked up by PCRs as they cleared it so quickly. So interesting but not very reassuring that these tests should be relied on heavily,

Please
or

CatherinaJTV · 02/12/2021 20:41

@StuckInARug

I have packed by suitcase now, my handbag with passport etc, really hoping for the best! Haven’t seen some of my family for 3 years so it would be really disappointing if I didn’t get to travel. But if it’s positive then that’s that 😭

it's very good of you to go to this length to make sure you are safe to fly. I hope karma rewards you!
Please
or

sazzy5 · 02/12/2021 20:43

Fingers crossed

Please
or

amatsip · 02/12/2021 20:47

It’s the evap line

Please
or

wolfstarling · 02/12/2021 20:48

Ah, hope all goes well for you op.

Please
or

Carpetsareforflying · 02/12/2021 20:48

I see the line on both, but I had one like that, and PCR was negative.

Please
or

Friendlyfired · 02/12/2021 20:58

Best of luck op

Please
or

BitBroken · 02/12/2021 21:03

First test I posted on MN and no one agreed with me that it was positive.

Dark tests are 48 hours later and positive PCR

I can see a line on yours.

Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT??? Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT??? Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT???
Please
or

MrsMariaReynolds · 02/12/2021 21:03

Good luck Op! Hope you are able to travel. I also haven't been able to get home to see family (in over 2 and a half years now) so I know how disappointing it'd be if you couldn't go.

Please
or

BitBroken · 02/12/2021 21:03

Sorry pics didn't attach

Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT??? Flying tomorrow. Is this a positive LFT???
Please
or

Greenrubber · 02/12/2021 21:09

Hope it's not positive for u

Please
or

discoland · 02/12/2021 21:11

@BitBroken

First test I posted on MN and no one agreed with me that it was positive.

Dark tests are 48 hours later and positive PCR

I can see a line on yours.

Exact same for me, tests like those first ones that nobody I sent pics to could see a line in despite the fact I knew it looked like a really faint positive. 48 hours later and thick obvious positive lines on LTFs and a positive PCR.

Hope for OP it’s a false positive though!
Please
or

AliceA2021 · 02/12/2021 21:11

I hope it comes back negative and you get to go away - fingers crossed

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.