Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Neighbour has told our village I am a thief

419 replies

crazyneighbour123 · 24/03/2023 20:59

NC as obviously outing

Last night around 8:30pm a delivery driver asked me to take a parcel for a neighbour a few doors down and said he had knocked my door as my gate was open (all houses on my street have a gate and a pathway to the front door, roughly 20meters). The parcel was 2ft high and 2ft wide and heavy so I managed to push it along my hallway out of the way.

Here is the issue. At 6:50am there was banging and when I say banging I mean banging on my front door. I ran downstairs worried something was wrong and hoping it wouldn’t wake the whole house up.

It was my male neighbour who is in his 40s who didn’t bother to say hello only said where is my parcel. I explained it come last night let me get it. As I was pushing it down the hallway towards the door he said ‘ no need to be so dramatic there’s no need to pretend it’s too heavy that’s why you didn’t bother to bring it over last night, you just could not be bothered’ . I was shocked and just said how he wasn’t in thats why the deliver drive gave me the parcel and it is heavy. He then said he was in but was having his dinner and it was raining so didn’t answer the door and I should have had some respect and done the polite thing and taken the parcel to him. I started laughing as I thought he was joking. He then tried picking it up and realised how heavy it was and how far he had to go with it told me the least I can do is help him carry it back to his house I laughed and said I couldn’t. He then called me a waste of space. I then told him ‘ I hope there’s weights in that box cause you bloody well need them’ and shut the door.

He has now posted on the village Facebook (I know social media is the root of all evil) and has bad mouthed me and called me a thief and a chav and that everyone should be careful around me as I will try and take their deliveries to keep for myself. This is not true and unluckily for him I have this all recorded on the ring doorbell. You can hear us both word for word and see how angry he is in the video. Question is would I be unreasonable to post it onto the village Facebook group or should I just send it privately to the main admin person. My only issue with sending it privately which is the more mature option is the main admin owner walks her dogs with him so not sure if she would fully make the other members of the group aware of what actually happened? I could just try the private route first but it’s making me feel awkward going out today that everyone in the village thinks I’m a thief.

YANBU - post it on the Facebook group so the whole village will know the truth

YABU - send it only to the admin privately and hope she does the right thing

OP posts:
ScramblePud · 24/03/2023 23:46

ManipulatorPedipulator · 24/03/2023 23:45

Obviously not, or you’d know that your response made no sense in relation to what I said. I tried not being rude, you kept coming at me and insisting I’m wrong because you don’t understand how Facebook algorithms work. How many times am I supposed to have you incorrectly tell me that I’m wrong before I’m allowed to say you don’t know what you’re on about? Why is it rude for me to (correctly) say you don’t know what you’re talking about if you think it’s fine for you to (incorrectly) say that I don’t?

Not worth it. People don’t know what they don’t know. People who understand know that’s not how it works and that you made a valid point.

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:47

@ScramblePud I've literally just shown proof of what Admin see! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤦🏼‍♀️

DinnerThyme · 24/03/2023 23:48

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:46

@ManipulatorPedipulator How embarrassing for you

Jesus Christ! That doesn’t show what you’re claiming it shows. You’re wrong and you keep bouncing back at someone that you started on even though you’re wrong! How embarrassing for you!!

ScramblePud · 24/03/2023 23:50

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:47

@ScramblePud I've literally just shown proof of what Admin see! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤦🏼‍♀️

And nothing you posted shows it comes up on their newsfeeds, does it? You’re confusing someone viewing it on your page with someone viewing it on their newsfeed. It’s not the same thing and that’s been pointed out to you already.

Boomboom22 · 24/03/2023 23:51

Schooltrip you are talking at cross purposes. Your data shows how many have seen the post. The q was how many does it show to in their feed. That is not the same thing, perhaps your group check the page often for example.

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:51

These are posts in our group. Where it says "reach" next to the number, that is how many people have SEEN that post. The highest number (which is what the top posts reach every fucking week) is roughly 80% of the total number of members in the group.

THEREFORE WE DO 'POSSIBLY' HAVE ACCESS TO THAT INFORMATION @ManipulatorPedipulator 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Neighbour has told our village I am a thief
ImSweetEnoughDarlin · 24/03/2023 23:52

I wouldn't be able to post that shit fast enough. I'd just make sure I posted it at the busiest time on the page to get maximum views before they delete it.

Boomboom22 · 24/03/2023 23:52

But that is irrelevant to the point about fb algorithms showing it in people's feeds.

ManipulatorPedipulator · 24/03/2023 23:52

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:45

@ManipulatorPedipulator What was that you were saying?!

Forgive me, where in that data does it show that posts from your page come up on every users newsfeed? 😂

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:52

@ScramblePud I don't think you understand how Facebook works! Nobody goes searching for the group every day, this information comes up on member's feeds!

Jesus Christ on a bike

saraclara · 24/03/2023 23:53

Jeeze, this must be the most boring threadjack ever.

OxygenthiefexH · 24/03/2023 23:53

In the Art of War, Sun Zhu says if you make an enemy, you must obliterate him totally or he will be emboldened and come back for more trouble.

Fuck him up.

ScramblePud · 24/03/2023 23:54

@ScramblePud I don't think you understand how Facebook works! Nobody goes searching for the group every day, this information comes up on member's feeds!

Jesus Christ on a bike

I understand exactly how Facebook works. The problem that you’re having with me and the person you started on and the other three(?) who have pointed out you’re wrong is that you don’t understand how Facebook works.

ImSweetEnoughDarlin · 24/03/2023 23:55

DimplesToadfoot · 24/03/2023 21:15

I would post it to my own page on FB, Then comment under his saying 'there are 3 sides to every story, his version, my version and the video tape I've posted on my page' and refuse to discuss it further. People that are interested will nosey at your own page, see the video and realise the truth. You've taken control out of his hands, he can't remove your video, the admin can't remove your video either, so the only thing he can do is have people see him for the lying argumentative trouble maker he is, or delete his post, either way you win this one.

🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌

Sqqueeeeeeee · 24/03/2023 23:56

Jesus Christ on a bike

Isn’t there some law of the internet about positive correlation between being completely incorrect and being absolutely certain you’re correct? You’re proving that law. You are absolutely incorrect and will not accept it from the multiple posters pointing it out.

Emmamoo89 · 24/03/2023 23:58

Definitely post it x

Plusnett · 24/03/2023 23:59

You said your neighbour “loved” your comment. How many people reacted to his comment in comparison?

SchoolTripDrama · 25/03/2023 00:01

@ScramblePud I know exactly how Facebook works love! You're suggesting that group members have to physically visit groups in order to see the posts from that group and I'm afraid that just is not the case! I run my very successful business on Facebook and have done for over 15 years.

I'm not engaging with you any further as you simply will not admit you're wrong and are not backing up what you're saying with any evidence or facts, just hurling insults & accusations! I'd like to know who these other mystery 3 posters are who have supposedly 'also' pointed out I'm wrong but of course, that would just come with more bullshit insults.

I said that 80% of our users physically see our posts. I was told I couldn't possibly have access to this information. I proved that in fact, I do. Then you come along and tell me that suddenly it's miraculously changed to 'showing up in news feeds' which is literally the same thing! 🤣 Ultimately 80% of our group members are our posts. Fact. You're just going to have to accept that.

ManipulatorPedipulator · 25/03/2023 00:01

SchoolTripDrama · 24/03/2023 23:51

These are posts in our group. Where it says "reach" next to the number, that is how many people have SEEN that post. The highest number (which is what the top posts reach every fucking week) is roughly 80% of the total number of members in the group.

THEREFORE WE DO 'POSSIBLY' HAVE ACCESS TO THAT INFORMATION @ManipulatorPedipulator 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Have you heard the story about the little fish looking for the ocean? And he swims and swims and then he finds a bigger fish and he says “I’m looking for the ocean” and the big fish says “you’re in the ocean” and the little fish says “nah, this isn’t the ocean, this is the water”.

You’re the little fish. The big fish will never be able to convince you that you’re wrong about the ocean because you don’t understand what the ocean is, what water is and how they interact. You don’t understand enough about Facebook to understand the explanations for why you’re wrong.

Socrateswasrightaboutvoting · 25/03/2023 00:03

crazyneighbour123 · 24/03/2023 20:59

NC as obviously outing

Last night around 8:30pm a delivery driver asked me to take a parcel for a neighbour a few doors down and said he had knocked my door as my gate was open (all houses on my street have a gate and a pathway to the front door, roughly 20meters). The parcel was 2ft high and 2ft wide and heavy so I managed to push it along my hallway out of the way.

Here is the issue. At 6:50am there was banging and when I say banging I mean banging on my front door. I ran downstairs worried something was wrong and hoping it wouldn’t wake the whole house up.

It was my male neighbour who is in his 40s who didn’t bother to say hello only said where is my parcel. I explained it come last night let me get it. As I was pushing it down the hallway towards the door he said ‘ no need to be so dramatic there’s no need to pretend it’s too heavy that’s why you didn’t bother to bring it over last night, you just could not be bothered’ . I was shocked and just said how he wasn’t in thats why the deliver drive gave me the parcel and it is heavy. He then said he was in but was having his dinner and it was raining so didn’t answer the door and I should have had some respect and done the polite thing and taken the parcel to him. I started laughing as I thought he was joking. He then tried picking it up and realised how heavy it was and how far he had to go with it told me the least I can do is help him carry it back to his house I laughed and said I couldn’t. He then called me a waste of space. I then told him ‘ I hope there’s weights in that box cause you bloody well need them’ and shut the door.

He has now posted on the village Facebook (I know social media is the root of all evil) and has bad mouthed me and called me a thief and a chav and that everyone should be careful around me as I will try and take their deliveries to keep for myself. This is not true and unluckily for him I have this all recorded on the ring doorbell. You can hear us both word for word and see how angry he is in the video. Question is would I be unreasonable to post it onto the village Facebook group or should I just send it privately to the main admin person. My only issue with sending it privately which is the more mature option is the main admin owner walks her dogs with him so not sure if she would fully make the other members of the group aware of what actually happened? I could just try the private route first but it’s making me feel awkward going out today that everyone in the village thinks I’m a thief.

YANBU - post it on the Facebook group so the whole village will know the truth

YABU - send it only to the admin privately and hope she does the right thing

Post it and request an apology.

ScramblePud · 25/03/2023 00:05

SchoolTripDrama · 25/03/2023 00:01

@ScramblePud I know exactly how Facebook works love! You're suggesting that group members have to physically visit groups in order to see the posts from that group and I'm afraid that just is not the case! I run my very successful business on Facebook and have done for over 15 years.

I'm not engaging with you any further as you simply will not admit you're wrong and are not backing up what you're saying with any evidence or facts, just hurling insults & accusations! I'd like to know who these other mystery 3 posters are who have supposedly 'also' pointed out I'm wrong but of course, that would just come with more bullshit insults.

I said that 80% of our users physically see our posts. I was told I couldn't possibly have access to this information. I proved that in fact, I do. Then you come along and tell me that suddenly it's miraculously changed to 'showing up in news feeds' which is literally the same thing! 🤣 Ultimately 80% of our group members are our posts. Fact. You're just going to have to accept that.

Excuse me! I have not said one single insult to you at all at any point. Telling you that you’re wrong when you’re wrong (and when you’ve gone out of your way to tell another poster they’re wrong when they aren’t) is not insulting you.

I didn’t suggest Facebook users have to physically visit a page to view its content either. I made no assertion of that kind at all. That’s simply not what was being said by anyone. You’ve, yet again, completely failed to grasp what’s going on.

saraclara · 25/03/2023 00:07

She already has @Socrateswasrightaboutvoting . Read the thread. Which is now 50% people who haven't read her update and 50% people arguing about how Facebook works.

Bonkers

Chubbernut · 25/03/2023 00:07

“I’m going out of my way to say you’re wrong”
”Actually, you’re wrong”
”Stop insulting meeeee”
😂

Where else do you get this kind of entertainment at midnight on a Friday?

Napmum · 25/03/2023 00:08

I'd leave a comment underneath stating that this is libel and if he does not detract the statement and desist. You will pursue the matter legally as you have proof that he is lying. Make sure that you make copies of this conversation, so you don't loose it.

Socrateswasrightaboutvoting · 25/03/2023 00:14

saraclara · 25/03/2023 00:07

She already has @Socrateswasrightaboutvoting . Read the thread. Which is now 50% people who haven't read her update and 50% people arguing about how Facebook works.

Bonkers

Thanks, tired but I cant sleep so hadn't read whole thread. I usually at least read the OPs. I am in good company it seems.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.