Talk

Advanced search

Tesco has fallen

(121 Posts)
Gingernaut Thu 02-Jul-20 19:23:32

As part of their support for Pride, £80,000 is being donated to Mermaids.

Mimmymummy is overjoyed.

www.tescoplc.com/news/2020/tesco-donates-almost-250-000-to-mark-pride-festival/

OP’s posts: |
SuckingDieselFella Thu 02-Jul-20 19:27:43

Yes Tesco, with many people losing their jobs and maybe needing foodbanks, that's the best way to spend £80,000.

ScreamingBeans Thu 02-Jul-20 19:30:14

Who do we complain to?

Gingernaut Thu 02-Jul-20 19:30:26

Sorry.

The Tweet celebrating the donation was not from the Mermaids account or any associated with it.

Distractable Thu 02-Jul-20 19:50:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ArriettyJones Thu 02-Jul-20 19:55:37

How do we know which supermarket will fall next though? I’m trying so hard to stick to all these boycotts but it’s getting tricky.

TirisfalPumpkin Thu 02-Jul-20 19:57:28

I know what you mean, I forgot I was boycotting John Lewis a couple of weeks ago and bought some kitchen stuff.

Definitely worth writing and telling them why you’re shopping elsewhere. Someone has to read all that feedback and trends will be noted.

Daughterofmabel Thu 02-Jul-20 19:59:07

Have written to CEO with egs of whats gone on. Cancelled weekly shop.

Daughterofmabel Thu 02-Jul-20 20:00:49

ArriettyJones
Aye its hard to keep up. Someone did a list on twitter somewhere. Will see if I bookmarked it.

ArriettyJones Thu 02-Jul-20 20:03:03

Definitely worth writing and telling them why you’re shopping elsewhere. Someone has to read all that feedback and trends will be noted.

Maybe we should write to tell the shops we ARE using why too? That we are only buying from them from now on as X, Y & Z outlets have done a, b & c crazy virtue signalling thing.

Gingernaut Thu 02-Jul-20 20:03:46

Sainsbury's are having a few technical difficulties.....hmm

www.facebook.com/sainsburys/photos/a.368615739376/10159871462919377/?type=3

MessyBess Thu 02-Jul-20 20:05:52

Fuck. This is the one time boycotting would truly affect me. We are on their priority list for deliveries, we can’t leave so need to. I know what we like as have used them for years. They even automatically stopped charging me a delivery fee because slots weren’t guaranteed. I find it gross they’ve done this but I can’t boycott this one.

ArriettyJones Thu 02-Jul-20 20:06:14

Daughterofmabel

ArriettyJones
Aye its hard to keep up. Someone did a list on twitter somewhere. Will see if I bookmarked it.

Sorry, completely failed to explain myself at all there.

I was actually thinking of the Venn diagram you get when you overlay disabled access issues with the boycott list. I’m mobility impaired. (So for example, small independent shops such as bookshops are a nightmare for me.) But only the psychics on the thread could have followed my meaning. grin

Distractable Thu 02-Jul-20 20:07:34

@ArriettyJones That's exactly the problem! I still don't but Nestlé products because of their baby milk marketing in developing countries years ago.

I think we all need to work out which particular company/issue we are particularly drawn to and go for that one. If we boycotted every company that has dodgy ethics or dodgy employees, we'd probably all end up not shopping at all! Tesco has caught my DH's eye so I think we'll definitely withdraw our custom.

Daughterofmabel Thu 02-Jul-20 20:11:36

ArriettyJones
No worries! I see what you mean about access. Sometimes it not so easy to boycott I appreciate.

ArriettyJones Thu 02-Jul-20 20:14:11

Hopefully the outcry will be huge and fast & Tesco will crumble as quickly as Asda did, then we can all stay as we are.

SerenityNowwwww Thu 02-Jul-20 20:21:57

They were on my shit list already. They are rubbish anyway.

Gingernaut Thu 02-Jul-20 21:03:33

Oooh. People are watching.

Campervan69 Thu 02-Jul-20 21:30:44

Owain Sutton is a particularly vile Green Party member from Altrincham. He's a nasty misogynistic bigot. I've had many people muttering to me about his behaviour. Interesting he's in with SG.

I'm always horrified though at the amount of personal information people have available on the internet. Seriously.

lionheart Thu 02-Jul-20 21:54:38

Perhaps the CEO might help:

dave.lewis@uk.tesco.com.

Thisismytimetoshine Thu 02-Jul-20 21:57:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TARSCOUT Thu 02-Jul-20 22:09:53

Is there a list of where I can shop now, it's getting slimmer by the minute!

lionheart Thu 02-Jul-20 22:14:17

You would think that, at least in relation to Mermaids, they would exercise some caution do a google search.

WookeyHole Thu 02-Jul-20 22:20:37

Sorry, I've got confused. Is this confirmed then or not?

NotBadConsidering Thu 02-Jul-20 22:22:26

So who is Owain Sutton? The fact that screenshot has the OP’s post as green shows that he’s logged in, thus proving there are registered Mumsnet users who monitor and report posts they don’t like. Looking at his feed, he’s another beardy leftwing TRA who doesn’t like women talking.

Waves to Owain 👋.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in