Page 2 | Greater Manchester Police Pride Network supports 'No T**** on our turf'

(156 Posts)
HandsOffMyRights Sun 07-Oct-18 18:43:10

Has this already been covered?

2 hrs ago this Tweet appeared in connection to the attached image

GMP Pride Network
@GMPPrideNetwork
We stand against any hatred and intolerance against the trans community #WeStandTogether #PoliceWithPride

OP’s posts: |
InfiniteSheldon Sun 07-Oct-18 19:49:18

Oh I forgot judges punishing women for NOT lying in court

Knicknackpaddyflak Sun 07-Oct-18 19:50:09

Thanks for confirming in writing GMP that there is no violence, murder, intimidation or any real physical risk to trans people in Manchester, and that what you and the TRAs mean by 'hate crime' really is women speaking out about their rights.

Because clearly, from that tweet, that's all you have to worry about. And police only mind about this behaviour in women. It's specific. Police are fully on the side of using slurs against women to suppress their freedom and rights to debate, to leaflet, to meet, and to speak the truth. Men can crack on, that's fine.

How the hell are the Home Office or whatever the hell they call themselves this week indulging this? It couldn't be more blatantly sexist, politically partisan and offensive.

DayMay Sun 07-Oct-18 19:52:07

www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office

Ereshkigal Sun 07-Oct-18 20:05:56

Oh I forgot judges punishing women for NOT lying in court

Yes that was a WTAF moment.

Redkeyboard Sun 07-Oct-18 20:27:06

Gove is a MP and LGBT police went after his wife recently. I don't think this will encourage him to vote for self-ID.

WTF? Do you mean the actual police?

Labradoodliedoodoo Sun 07-Oct-18 20:36:17

A non apology from Manchester police....

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/06/feminist-linda-bellos-women-trans-male-violence

From this article ...

‘Terf stands for trans-exclusionary radical feminist. Online, it often it appears alongside violent rhetoric: punch a Terf, stab a Terf, kill a Terf. This language is used to dehumanise women who are critical of gender as part of a political system. Many of the women called Terf are, like Bellos, lesbian. These lesbians are increasingly demonised by the wider LGBT+ community, or ignored in order to avoid the controversy altogether.’

Advertisement

ChrysanthemumsAreMums Sun 07-Oct-18 20:53:51

This is really really shocking. Depressing as hell

Charliethefeminist Sun 07-Oct-18 21:00:57

Makes you realise how quickly, if self ID comes in, women who demur will be hunted down and punished. They are ready, waiting and enthusiastic.

FermatsTheorem Sun 07-Oct-18 21:02:22

Reminder of the excellent concept of the "TERF translator". Every time you see "TERF", mentally substitute "woman/women who say something I don't like" and see how the resulting tweet/poster/slogan reads aloud.

So: "Punch a woman who says things I don't like", "stab a woman who says things I don't like", "women who say things I don't like should die in a fire..."

I find it a very revealing exercise. Very, very revealing indeed.

Needmoresleep Sun 07-Oct-18 21:02:48

Silly buggers. Don’t they realise that our society depends on public respect for the police.

DayMay Sun 07-Oct-18 21:04:05

There are going to be few jobs, they want women out of the workforce.

JudyDiana Sun 07-Oct-18 21:06:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lawlsie1976 Sun 07-Oct-18 21:27:38

If only the police turned up as quickly if you report a real crime. Maybe they quite like policing hate crime as it's an easy collar for them and they're all on targets now aren't they?

SPOFS Sun 07-Oct-18 21:28:02

Who can we complain to about this?

Labradoodliedoodoo Sun 07-Oct-18 21:28:08

What an offensive tweet. So women with concerns around the gender act are ordered to stay away from Manchester. And the police back this?

Labradoodliedoodoo Sun 07-Oct-18 21:31:36

Do the police realise that turf is a slur. A derogatory term used for women who are concerned for women’s rights.

SirVixofVixHall Sun 07-Oct-18 21:33:04

War on women.
Agree totalitarianism. Essentially it read as “ women who say we things we don’t like are not allowed in this part of town” .
I am finding this escalation genuinely frightening.

NotTerfNorCis Sun 07-Oct-18 21:33:58

'No terfs on our turf.'

'In no way are we inciting violence against anyone.'

So how exactly do they suggest removing gender critical women from their 'turf'?

HandsOffMyRights Sun 07-Oct-18 21:39:18

Well this is how trans ally Craig will do it

OP’s posts: |
KatVonGulag Sun 07-Oct-18 21:39:50

I don't think I've ever seen a gender critical person threaten violence towards a trans person. I want them to have safety too, just not at the expense of women and girls safeguarding.
Yet I see constant threats towards t*rfs. Horrible vile stuff.
The police ought to know better than this.

Butterymuffin Sun 07-Oct-18 21:45:03

Nice to know the GMP have decided they don't have to serve and protect certain members of the population. I'm pretty sure that's not how the police service is supposed to work.

Ereshkigal Sun 07-Oct-18 21:47:34

"No women who say things I don't like on our turf"

DayMay Sun 07-Oct-18 21:47:43

www.gmpcc.org.uk

Andy Burnham of Hillsborough fame is responsible for this people.

Labradoodliedoodoo Sun 07-Oct-18 21:49:55

So true. I’ve never heard a gender critical women threaten a transgender person.

arranfan Sun 07-Oct-18 21:53:56

So women with concerns around the gender act are ordered to stay away from Manchester. And the police back this?

This is a warning shot for Filia - the Women's Conference scheduled for 20-21 Oct. in Manchester.

Calling all feminist campaigners, activists, artists, academics and revolutionaries. Calling all women!

filia.org.uk/about-the-conference

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in