or
to access all these features

Greater Manchester Police Pride Network supports 'No T**** on our turf'

HandsOffMyRights · 07/10/2018 18:43

Has this already been covered?

2 hrs ago this Tweet appeared in connection to the attached image

GMP Pride Network
@GMPPrideNetwork
We stand against any hatred and intolerance against the trans community #WeStandTogether #PoliceWithPride

Greater Manchester Police Pride Network supports 'No T**** on our turf'
OP's posts:
Please
or

NothingOnTellyAgain · 08/10/2018 18:40

"We have the right not to be harassed or discriminated against for our beliefs."

I think we're finding out that we don't.

Police have always worked to protect those with power - of course.

Our laws show that well + the outcomes.

Stat today saying 2/3 schoolgirls have experienced sexual harrassment while out and about >> this has always gone on. Society / police not interested, never have been.

When it comes to what men want / mens sexual rights, the law is not on our side, never has been.

Please
or

NothingOnTellyAgain · 08/10/2018 18:43

This tweet says lesbians can get the fuck out of the LGB scene in manchester.

Many trans activisists use lesbian and terf interchangably.
Women who will not service dick are hated by men.
So what's new?

For the police to support these frankly rapey homophobic (when it comes to the L anyway) is nothing new though. Police have never worked for women an girls. Read the news >>

Just now more women are coming up against them and people who didn't realise before are starting to realise.

Well not all of them maybe. What happened with Brian Paddick in the end?

Please
or

FekkoTheLawyer · 08/10/2018 18:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

FekkoTheLawyer · 08/10/2018 18:46

I know I know - I've reported myself Blush

Please
or

Datun · 08/10/2018 19:00

They really do need to clear up what they will actually do if someone they consider a Terf shows up.

Please
or

VickyEadie · 08/10/2018 19:02

Why, Fekko? What was wrong with what you posted?

Please
or

HelenaDove · 08/10/2018 19:21

Clip from tonights Dispatches. Mentions West Yorks police.

twitter.com/C4Dispatches/status/1049362437068263424

Please
or

WanderinWomb · 08/10/2018 19:22

If that message by the police about women who want to preserve the current law, being unwelcome in the city of Manchester has caused any reader "alarm or distress" it certainly falls under the ridiculous hate speech law.

Definitely worth making a police report, I suggest doing that via the West Yorkshire force. They love such complaints.

Please
or

Ereshkigal · 08/10/2018 19:23

They really do need to clear up what they will actually do if someone they consider a Terf shows up.

Will it be like Pubwatch and they will have pictures of prominent gender critical feminists behind the bar with a special police number to report?

Please
or

FekkoTheLawyer · 08/10/2018 19:25

Vicky - the screen shot calls a certain lupine personage 'man' and you can't do that these days (or Tinkerbell will die or summit).

Please
or

FekkoTheLawyer · 08/10/2018 19:28

From The Sun Equalities warrior Germaine Greer and Woman’s Hour ­legend Dame Jenni Murray became pariahs for insisting men cannot be women, no matter what surgery or ­hormone treatment they’ve had. and that's not the best quote.

Blimey - as a student I read the gruniard and scorned the sun. Men were men and women were women. The earth went around the sun. The sky was blue. Is it opposite world or something?🤔

Please
or

GoldenWonderwall · 08/10/2018 19:30

I think it does cause me distress because what constitutes a terf is some kind of shifting constellation of stuff depending on the viewpoint of the terf accuser. One day you are a staunch supporter of all manner of things on all manner of spectrums, the next you’re on terf blocker and being doxxed.

You can’t know whether you’re a terf because words don’t mean anything anymore so you’re probably are one and should hand yourself into gmp forthwith.

Please
or

FekkoTheLawyer · 08/10/2018 19:31

I'm just a 'raging woman' these days.

Please
or

Invisible1234 · 08/10/2018 19:36

We do have rights...the police just aren't enforcing them.

Please
or

PackingSoap · 08/10/2018 19:49

Andy Burnham. He's the PCC for Greater Manchester. And it's an elected post.

I can't contact him about it because it's not my region, but if someone lives in Manchester, I'd drop him a line saying that the tweet is discriminatory, and possibly illegal.

This is all going too far. Its TRA state fucking capture.

Please
or

Ereshkigal · 08/10/2018 19:54

Considering how many gender critical feminists are lesbian, it's indirectly homophobic.

Please
or

IfNotNowThenWhen1 · 08/10/2018 20:18

The striking thing is in their original tweet - the people they want 'off their turf' are people campaigning to keep the law as it is. The stickers/leaflets etc they are responding to is part of a campaign to keep the law as it is. They are setting themselves against those who are in favour of the current law. The law that the police have sworn to uphold.

This really does bear repeating.
So Manchester police tweeters are against people fighting to uphold the current law? ?? Are they allowed to do that?!

Please
or

Redshoeblueshoe · 08/10/2018 20:18

I live in Manchester, maybe we should all turn ourselves in
That could be interesting Grin

Please
or

ChrysanthemumsAreMums · 08/10/2018 20:21

Redshoe

That is an excellent publicity stunt. I mean it.

Please
or

ChrysanthemumsAreMums · 08/10/2018 20:24

The Twitter thread is bloody brilliant. Arses handed to them on a plate

Please
or

VickyEadie · 08/10/2018 20:41

I no longer live in Manchester but I visit often, so I think I have every right to ask Burnham and the police if I'm welcome - and safe.

Please
or

Chosenone · 08/10/2018 20:46

So glad they had to delete this. So many people stepping up to call them out on this too

Please
or

BernardBlacksWineIcelolly · 08/10/2018 20:55

I have emailed baroness hughes (deputy mayor for policing) about this.

i mean what the actual fuck?

Please
or

PerverseConverse · 08/10/2018 21:02

I voted for Andy Burnham and he's been involved in local election campaigns for our councillors. I will be contacting him. I'm not impressed.

Please
or

RedToothBrush · 08/10/2018 21:03

I thought this would be a good thread to mention this on

Jennifer Williams @jenwilliamsMEN
Ahead of #Dispatches, which looks at the state of policing under austerity, here’s my piece on the picture in Greater Manchester: a fourfold rise in violent crimes not investigated - and most burglary, arson, shoplifting and theft screened out too

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/most-theft-burglary-arson-criminal-15254960.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Most theft, burglary, arson and criminal damage is no longer investigated by police
Every week the Manchester Evening News newsroom gets calls and emails from victims of crime mystified that the police are not investigating - and today's figures seem to bear out those concerns.

One in four crimes listed as ‘stalking or harassment’ are not being looked into

So GMP are busy supporting this rather than investigating crime.

I doubt the situation is better elsewhere.

Unless you have West Yorkshire Police on speed dial.

Or live in Brighton where giving out leaflets will get police on horse back out to investigate.

Or live in South Yorkshire where reporting thought crime is being encouraged.

You almost start to wonder whether some of the rises in filtering are down to an increased rate of time wasters calling the police, which takes resources away from people genuinely at risk or the victims of actual assaults.

[Hmm]

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.