or
to access all these features

Greater Manchester Police Pride Network supports 'No T**** on our turf'

HandsOffMyRights · 07/10/2018 18:43

Has this already been covered?

2 hrs ago this Tweet appeared in connection to the attached image

GMP Pride Network
@GMPPrideNetwork
We stand against any hatred and intolerance against the trans community #WeStandTogether #PoliceWithPride

OP's posts:
Please
or

PerverseConverse · 07/10/2018 21:55

KatVonGulag JFC how are these people getting away with this? I don't do twitter and am glad of it after seeing that. I feel physically sick. Why are we such a threat to men?

Please
or

DayMay · 07/10/2018 21:57

Please
or

ohello · 07/10/2018 22:01

Actually, this is good I think? It proves they don't respect women. So it makes it easier to sue them when women report crime and the police do nothing.

I think there needs to be a crowdfunding war chest just for Manchester, so the lawyers are already to go the next time they have grounds to sue.

Please
or

ToeToToe · 07/10/2018 22:03

This is really chilling. Police forces are showing us that we can't expect police protection if we are women holding certain political or philosophical beliefs.

Please
or

WrongSideOfHistory · 07/10/2018 22:11

This is terrifying.

Please
or

RudeZebra · 07/10/2018 22:26

Maybe they quite like policing hate crime as it's an easy collar for them and they're all on targets now aren't they?

Ffs.
Every single point you've made on your post is wrong. That really is some going.

And this has not been tweeted by an official GMP account, it's a staff association account, similar to the "women in policing" account, or the BPA.

Please
or

theOtherPamAyres · 07/10/2018 22:41

Who can we complain to about this?

The unit represents LBGT police officers and support staff. It advises staff who may face discrimination or may have grievances. Police officer cannot join a union, but this unit is as near as you can get to a union. It is influential in advising Chief Officers about LBGT policies.

The police's Ethical Code forbids any police officer participating in politics in a way that brings their impartiality into question. I would expect no police officer to express their views about a sensitive political topic during the government's consultation on the GRA.

It is extraordinary to see a police message containing inflammatory terms that may stir up hatred against a set of people called radical feminists. It's unlawful. It's the kind of thing that generates internal disciplinary enquiries, tribunals and sanctions against the offending officer. It may even be criminal (bit of a grey area!)

The Chief Constable is Ian Hopkins. He is also the National Lead for Diversity in Policing
twitter.com/ccianhopkins?lang=en

The Mayor (who holds the Chief Constable to account) is
Andy Burnham, the former Labour MP

but in reality the role is carried out by Baroness Beverley Hughes
www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/info/20006/police_and_crime

Please
or

MnerXX · 07/10/2018 22:55

A good friend of mine shared this pic (and accompanying comments) on their Facebook this morning Sad

Please
or

HelenaDove · 07/10/2018 23:54

Please
or

Iused2BanOptimist · 08/10/2018 00:05

"Manchesters Gay Village"
That missing apostrophe is a crime for starters.

Please
or

ToeToToe · 08/10/2018 01:04

Interesting, HelenaDove.

One of the responses to that tweet about "Lawless Britain: Where are the Police" (which I think I'll watch) is:

"Sat on their fat arses policing twitter as usual"

I'm beginning to agree with that.

Please
or

SturdyEarmuffs · 08/10/2018 08:33

I'm not sure if the GMP twitter a/c retweeted the dj who got abusive about the toilet graffiti & retweeted the same posters but the bloke who also tweeted the no t** on our turf seems quite the transphobe himself

https://twitter.com/holliver/status/1049008957778530304?s=21

Please
or

Tanith · 08/10/2018 09:07

Well, according to their own criteria, you can log this as a hate crime with them Smile:

www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.nsf/section.html?readform&s=C172EFE275D303568025796100404BAF

Please
or

JudyDiana · 08/10/2018 09:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Juells · 08/10/2018 09:15

Would they use words like P*s in public to describe any group of people? But it's acceptable to be abusive to women.

Please
or

Juells · 08/10/2018 09:18

The Chief Constable is Ian Hopkins. He is also the National Lead for Diversity in Policing

Women seem to be the only group not included in the touchy-feely diversity training. They are The Enemy.

Please
or

bd67th · 08/10/2018 09:29

I'm not sure if the GMP twitter a/c retweeted the dj who got abusive about the toilet graffiti & retweeted the same posters but the bloke who also tweeted the no t** on our turf seems quite the transphobe himself

^twitter.com/holliver/status/1049008957778530304?s=21^

If we ever needed proof that some men aren't T**F-bashing because they are trans allies, but because they are misogynists, this is it.

Lesbians have been telling us for decades that gay men are often horrific misogynists.

Please
or

DayMay · 08/10/2018 09:32

Lesbians please tell everyone about these abusive males, we are listening.

I thought it was just us heterosexual women being abused by males.

Please
or

ToeToToe · 08/10/2018 09:34

but the bloke who also tweeted the no t on our turf seems quite the transphobe himself

How very interesting. And unsurprising. Really puts the hatred he showed towards women into perspective.

When young woke men tweet vile stuff about "T*rfs", it is almost invariably due to misogyny - stands out a mile. Beardy dudebros got a fine excuse to abuse women with impunity now Angry

Please
or

Threewheeler1 · 08/10/2018 09:35

Can't we get the Yorkshire Police to issue one of those nice 'harassment' warnings to the Manchester Police? They'd keep themselves busy for weeks.

Please
or

Charliethefeminist · 08/10/2018 09:35

Please
or

scepticalwoman · 08/10/2018 09:39

Threewheeler1 West Yorkshire Police will have plenty of time on their hands to do that as apparently they dismiss 47% of crime reports after an initial assessment.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6250553/Police-shelve-one-four-crime-reports-including-sexual-assaults-burglaries.html

Please
or

Missymoo100 · 08/10/2018 09:44

The police are supposed to be politically neutral and there is a definite political side to this debate, i think police are failing in their duty to remain neutral here.

I also don’t care much for this campaign for the Scottish police...

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/09/25/scotland-homophobes-transphobes-billboard-campaign/amp/

The problem comes with what defines “hate”, which under current legislation for hate incidents is whatever someone perceives

There’s one that says

“Dear Bigots, you can’t spread your religious hatred here. End of sermon. Yours, Scotland”

Which I find unfairly targets religious groups.

I think it’s very worrying.

Please
or

Artesia · 08/10/2018 09:50

Just looked into how to make an official complaint. They don’t make it easy, but I will be writing today. Here are the details for anyone interested

www.gmp.police.uk/live/Nhoodv3.nsf/section.html?readform&s=29D396A16340112C80257DF600333DC0

Please
or

Threewheeler1 · 08/10/2018 10:20

scepticalwoman
47%! How can they even attempt to justify that?
With all the scandal surrounding them over the last few decades, they must be the worst force in the country.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.