Talk

Advanced search

TENNIS THREAD- we're nearly done with the red dirt, and looking forward to the green grass!

(328 Posts)
Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 07:27:19

yesterday's excitement I didn't realise how near the end of the thread we were!

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 07:30:29

of course the thread title could be pointless if we fill this up before by Sunday.grin

magimedi Wed 06-Jun-18 07:32:48

Reporting for duy.

No tennis til later today - might have to do some housework shock

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 07:40:42

thanks magi! I was very out out yesterday when I realised that nothing started until 1pm.grin

that's the trouble with RG, I get used to the early starts.

dh just rang to let me know everyone is up and ready for school etc. The dog hasn't even noticed I'm not there.sadungrateful poochgrin.

DramaAlpaca Wed 06-Jun-18 07:51:47

Signing in tennis

ladymelbourne1926 Wed 06-Jun-18 08:24:37

Morning all
Glad you're feeling better raahh my dd is ok thanks, she has a long term condition which is well managed it's just the medication can't stop all the seizures unfortunately.
Hoping to see some of Rafa s match today.

JaneJeffer Wed 06-Jun-18 09:22:43

Glad you're feeling better Raahh. I'm sure the dog will be glad to see you when you get home.

lady that must be stressful for you all.

I'll have time to clean my bombsite kitchen before the tennis then.

PrivateParkin Wed 06-Jun-18 09:44:13

Posted this on the old thread by mistake, sorry for the re-post:

Hope everyone is ok. I'm looking forward to some good tennis today to cheer me up, just general rubbish going on elsewhere! Tennis is great escapism smile Thanks for the new thread Raahh and for the link magi.

JaneJeffer Wed 06-Jun-18 11:08:01

I've just watched Sascha's final press conference with his Yorkshire man. So sweet grin

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 11:14:16

I'm free! I'm finally home!

Have no real intention of doing anything today other than watching tennis (and dh who is working from home, to be fair, isn't expecting me to, so that's good).

I still haven't fully recovered from the Chickenato/Djok match. I am a bit fed up with reading about Novak though, and his troubles. Credit needs to be given to the player who came back to beat him - and played really well.

And that ear cupping thing to hear the cheers from the crowd when he won a point, was the final straw. If I didn't already dislike Djok, I really find him arrogant now grin.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 11:16:18

And the dog did jump up at me when I got home. But to be honest, he would do that to all of us.

He wasn't sitting at the patio window, pining for me like Greyfriar's Bobby grin.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 11:20:54

Jane it was lovely ,wasn't it- I hope he's at Wimbledon. I loved him joking about the poem grin.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 11:23:27

Oh, he hasn't got a pass for Wimbledon , has he ? I think that's what he said in the interview.

Something tells me he might get one now. Like a journalist's Wild Card[grin

PrivateParkin Wed 06-Jun-18 12:24:33

Glad to hear it Raahh! Just watching the tie-break from yesterday again - some amazing shots in it. Agree that media makes it more about Djokovic than his opponents - v annoying.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 14:13:37

just had a sleep and am glad to see Garbine is beating Shrieky. which is good.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 14:17:34

but Halep lost her first set .

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 14:25:29

yay! I'm glad Garbine won. It's all been about Serena and Maria as far as the commentators have concerned.

I'm glad they've both gone.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Wed 06-Jun-18 14:29:52

Glad to hear you’re home!

I’m away for work - just checked into my room and logged onto the Wifi grin Sneaky afternoon off before work is full on for the next four days.

No TV in my room though shock Will have to hope BBC5live broadcasts the Rafa match - they’re currently covering football hmm

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 14:42:49

The only hope they ditch the football soon!

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 14:47:59

Don't know what's going to happen with the Rafa match- the Halep match looks about to go 1 set all.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 14:48:30

and Eurosport2 are showing cycling...

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 15:15:33

Rafa's serve has been broken. But that happened the other day...so not worried yet. grin

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 15:51:21

ooh - Schwartzman is serving for the set!

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 15:52:57

And the Delpo /Cilic match has started too.

Raahh Wed 06-Jun-18 16:02:54

And Schwarztman has taken the set. He is playing very well. Rafa seems nervous, and it always affects his serve most.

There was a bit of an incident with someone in the crowd being stretchered off, as well I think, just as Diego was serving for the set.

It's just the first set. Not worried yet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: