Talk

Advanced search

ASOS Advent Calendar

(41 Posts)
ashmts Sun 01-Dec-19 13:30:41

Not sure if there are many people with this calendar but thought I'd start a thread just in case.

I'm happy with day 1. Not something I'm dying to use but it's a nice brand, full size, and I'll definitely get use out of it. I think that's a good start.

Olive122 Sun 01-Dec-19 14:01:29

I have the ASOS calendar too. I would probably rather rather had another product from the brand but I’m sure I’ll use it and it’s nice to get a full size product with a £16 rrp so I’m happy with it.

TattiePants Sun 01-Dec-19 14:42:13

I haven't used a specific spot treatment since my teens but every now and then I have a major breakout so this will come in handy. Not something I would have bought myself but happy to give it a try.

Beadstar Sun 01-Dec-19 14:58:36

I have this too so I’ll join you. Today’s isn’t something that feels like a treat but it will be handy to have and I like the brand. I had a bottle many years ago but have’t used spot treatments for a long time.

eatsleepmoverepeat Sun 01-Dec-19 17:08:37

I’ve had today’s item before and I’m not sure whether it works for me but my skin has been playing up so will be good to have on hand I guess!

buckeejit Mon 02-Dec-19 09:06:33

I've got the ASOS too. Arrived in postage bag months ago & was delighted with the lovely box & glad of day 1 as I don't have anything like that. Thankfully don't need it too often. Will do today's later

ashmts Mon 02-Dec-19 09:30:10

Bit disappointed with today's. Again it'll be handy but I'm not excited by it. Would have preferred a Tangle Teezer or something. I suppose there needs to be some lower RRP items in there.

Are people okay with us saying what it is? I've noticed the other threads have asked people not to say before a certain time. Is 8am reasonable? And if anyone's opened in advance please don't spoil for anyone else.

TattiePants Mon 02-Dec-19 10:40:31

8am seems a good time. 9 year old DD decided she would help me open my calendar this morning (despite having 2 herself) and she loved the brush - I may have to steal it back! Two practical products so hoping for something exciting tomorrow.

Beadstar Mon 02-Dec-19 11:39:34

Today’s won’t be any good on my thick curly hair but it’ll be great for my daughter’s swimming or travel bag so I’m happy with it.

ashmts Mon 02-Dec-19 11:41:38

Same, would love a wee bit of makeup or a nice moisturiser tomorrow. Something I can use there and then.

Thought it might be good to do a running total like last year on the M&S thread.

So day 1 we got the Origins Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel - RRP £16. And day 2 we got the Mini Wet Brush - about £4-7 depending where you look? So we're up to over £20's worth and it's only day 2!

Beadstar Mon 02-Dec-19 11:53:00

Thanks for that. Not bad value! Especially as I got mine when they had 20% off.

I’m happy for people to mention products any time in the morning. I just avoid the thread until I’ve opened mine.

Olive122 Mon 02-Dec-19 16:27:03

I’m okay with the brush today, it’s a handy size to carry around. Fingers crossed for something a little more exciting/indulgent Tomorrow though!

Beadstar Tue 03-Dec-19 09:35:22

I’m happy with today’s. It’s a good brand (although the cleansing balm didn’t do anything for me) and something I will use. I’d already moisturised when I opened it but as it says it can be applied on top of serum and moisturiser I’ve put some on already.

I rarely get spots nowadays but one has appeared today so I’m also testing out the Origins spot remover!

Olive122 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:21:38

I’ve tried today’s before and liked it so I’m pleased it’s something I will definitely use. It’s a small sample but I found a little goes a long way with this primer.

TattiePants Tue 03-Dec-19 18:00:45

I've never used any Emma Hardy products before but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to trying this.

ashmts Tue 03-Dec-19 21:41:38

I'm also happy with today's. That's more what I was hoping for. Haven't tried it yet but I will soon.

I woke up with a spot too! Didn't expect to be able to try day 1 so soon.

So Emma Hardie Protect and Prime £15 takes us up to about £35 by day 3

Beadstar Wed 04-Dec-19 10:23:02

Today’s Rituals body cream looks lovely and is a good size, I’m happy with it!

Olive122 Wed 04-Dec-19 11:04:39

The body lotion smells lovely, I’ve never tried this scent before and it’s nice to have another full size product smile

TattiePants Wed 04-Dec-19 11:28:19

I'm loving today's body lotion and have ordered a Rituals set for my mum for Christmas.

ashmts Wed 04-Dec-19 22:05:54

Really lovely smell! I put some on at 7am and could still smell it at lunchtime. Looks like this is about £7 for 100ml so £42 running total.

I spotted the Naked marshmallow advent calendar half price today so treated myself to it too

ashmts Thu 05-Dec-19 09:58:00

Today we've got the Sand & Sky pink clay exfoliating treatment. I'm really pleased with this brand but I'd have preferred slightly more. This is a bit 'sample size'. I saw the pink tube when I ordered the calendar so was expecting the mask that was in last year, which I loved. It's just so expensive to buy the full size, not sure I could stretch to it.

Due to the tiny size today's is worth about £3.50, bringing us to contents worth £45.50

Beadstar Thu 05-Dec-19 10:03:53

Yes I’m happy with the product but not with the sample size; especially as it states it’s a sample on the back and says not for resale. I don’t mind deluxe sample sizes but this seems a bit stingy.

Looking forward to trying it tonight though as haven’t got around to trying any pink clay products yet.

eatsleepmoverepeat Thu 05-Dec-19 10:08:28

I was also peeved with the teeny tiny size of this one!

TattiePants Thu 05-Dec-19 10:29:08

Great product but it's so small!

Olive122 Thu 05-Dec-19 18:04:15

Not sure about this one, I don’t think that it will be suited to my dry, sensitive skin. The tube advises a patch test which I will do before trying it on my face.
Hopefully we have some more full size product to look forward to!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »