Talk

Advanced search

Nuffield / Victoria Wing Woking

(16 Posts)
Holly19 Tue 06-Aug-19 14:52:12

Hello - is anyone able to give me a rough idea of timescales for NHS IVF at the Nuffield/ Victoria Wing Woking - from submission of forms at Royal Surrey to first appointment?
Thanks!

MissKittie Fri 15-May-20 11:26:22

Hi, did you end up using Nuffield in Woking? I was meant to start in March with my first cycle but was cancelled due to Coronavirus. Would be nice to find someone else that is going to the same clinic and what you have been told about them reopening.

WhatWouldPennyDo Sat 16-May-20 18:14:09

Hi @MissKittie,

I can’t answer your question but just wanted to say good luck with Nuffield when it reopens. We had two rounds there on the NHS. The midwives/nurses are absolutely wonderful, particularly Susan who will always hold a special place in our hearts.

MissKittie Sat 16-May-20 18:25:42

@Holly19 thank you

80SM Thu 21-May-20 18:26:24

Hi @MissKittie,
I plan to cycle with Nuffield once they are open. I called them few days ago; I understand they are going to be open from June but they were quite vague about it. They said though that they will start with FET first, so I don't know how long I need to wait. It will be my first ever IVF cycle. I have a phone appointment next week with them (count days, cannot wait). See what they say.
Has anyone had any updates?

MissKittie Thu 21-May-20 18:36:22

Hi @80SM,
Thanks for the message, nice to chat with someone else that is using Nuffield’s. I spoke with them last week. They said pretty much the same thing to me. This is my first ever IVF cycle too, was meant to start the meds in March but was cancelled a week before. Will keep you updated if I hear anything else.

80SM Thu 21-May-20 18:42:56

Great, thanks!
Have you already had all tests and scans done? I will have an initial consultation with Mr Curtis and a nurse next week on the phone, but am not sure when will all tests be done. They said that their Glasgow lab is closed and they are trying to find another one at the moment. I still need to have my AMH test done and a pelvic scan.

duckhouse Thu 21-May-20 22:28:44

Hi All,

I am also under treatment at Woking clinic and havent heard from the clinic or seen them listed on HFEA site in approved list of clinics to resume practice which is slightly concerning.

My 3 rd FET cycle was cancelled due to COVID and i am eager to understand when they start again and how they plan to clear waitlist. Will probably give them a call tomorrow but last time when i called the response was very vague.

80SM Fri 22-May-20 14:46:25

They got approval at last! Just checked HFEA site

MissKittie Fri 22-May-20 15:07:14

Was about to write the same thing, finally some good news.

I’ve already had all my tests done @80SM so hopefully we can get started soon. Everyone has been really lovely so far so best of luck with your consultation and tests.

@duckhouse did you phone the clinic, I’m going to give them a call on Monday.

duckhouse Fri 22-May-20 19:45:45

@MissKittie yes i did call them in morning but by that time clinic was not aware of getting HFEA approval so the response was vague saying we are waiting for approval and will get back to you... Monday is a bank holiday so i dont think clinic will be open.. or will they be open ?

Anyways finally some good news !! 😊

MissKittie Sat 23-May-20 22:17:38

I tried calling them but couldn’t get through, all the lines were busy. Will try again Tuesday, forgot Monday is a bank holiday 😊

80SM Sat 23-May-20 22:23:40

Thanks, MissKittie.
Will keep you update. I have a phone appointment with them on Wednesday.

duckhouse Tue 26-May-20 08:02:38

@MissKittie Any response from the clinic ? I reached them out but it was as good as leaving a voice message. My details were taken to get back and thats it ! Not sure if they have a plan of action in place yet 😐

MissKittie Tue 26-May-20 12:39:51

@duckhouse Tried calling but couldn’t get through to the nurse. I’ve left a voice message, will try calling again. Will keep you posted.

MissKittie Wed 27-May-20 10:39:30

Hi Ladies,

Spoke with the nurse and they are starting with people who have frozen embryos and IUI with donor sperm as they are the less risky which they are starting mid June and then once they feel safe to do so they will start fresh cycles realistically only August/September. Anyone whose treatment was cancelled due to coronavirus will be on a priority list also with people who have low AMH. She told me to call back in a few weeks to see how things are going but otherwise they would call me as I’m on the list due my treatment being cancelled. It’s not great news as I was hoping to start sooner but at least it’s some news.

Will keep you updated if I hear anything else.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »