Talk

Advanced search

Where is Boris?!

(217 Posts)
SleepymummyZzz Tue 19-May-20 17:28:47

Why is Boris no longer doing the daily press conference? I get that he doesn’t need to do it every day but it would be nice if he showed his face once a week!

OP’s posts: |
Everytimeref Tue 19-May-20 17:32:37

He has gone back to hiding in the fridge. We are definitely scrapping the bottom of the secretary of state barrel in daily briefing.

palacegirl77 Tue 19-May-20 17:33:51

Hes a coward. Plain and simple.

TeeBee Tue 19-May-20 17:34:11

He has a new baby.

JellyBelly78 Tue 19-May-20 17:35:07

Yes very poor that he’s never leading these, the two today, especially her, are dreadful!

Everytimeref Tue 19-May-20 17:35:43

@TeeBee.

He has stated that he wouldn't be taking paternity leave at the present time.

ilovesooty Tue 19-May-20 17:36:28

Doing a Napoleon. See "Animal Farm".

SleepymummyZzz Tue 19-May-20 17:37:29

She is very frosty and defensive. I am starting to sense some fractions between the scientists and the government ministers. After yesterday’s response from Van Tan (he’s my fave!) revealing he has been waiting for government to ask for his advice about the camping issue but they haven’t asked him. Tad awks!

Greysparkles Tue 19-May-20 17:37:41

He has a new baby

And?

MarshaBradyo Tue 19-May-20 17:37:43

I don’t mind the woman. They keep asking the same testing questions and she is getting irritated. Don’t blame her. Although I admit I keep zoning out.

I did think where is Johnson these days. Maybe lying low after the last effort.

CarpeVitam Tue 19-May-20 17:37:57

@JellyBelly78 , I agree, she is really struggling! ☹️

TeeBee Tue 19-May-20 17:38:33

@Everytimeref nonetheless, I suspect that's why he's not attending. I'd rather hear from people who know what they're talking about. His last few press conferences were a babbling mess.

Kelsoooo Tue 19-May-20 17:39:33

The woman? You mean Dame McClean? Yeah she can be defensive given her job role. I'd not mess with her, she knows where the scary virus are kept. And how to use them.

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 19-May-20 17:40:08

Didn’t They ask this on morning telly? There was a suggestion that he may be suffering virus after effects combined with lack of sleep with newborn. I wouldn’t blame him for that. However I don’t see why they can’t just be honest and explain his absences

MarginalGain Tue 19-May-20 17:40:55

Doing a Napoleon. See "Animal Farm".

grin

MarshaBradyo Tue 19-May-20 17:41:28

The woman? You mean Dame McClean?

Obviously yes if she’s the person speaking. I did not get her name.

MarshaBradyo Tue 19-May-20 17:42:24

I agree she’s got a no mess vibe about her however which I appreciate.

iVampire Tue 19-May-20 17:43:44

I know this thought is all sorts of wrong.

But sometimes it just looks like Celia Imrie giving the briefing

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 19-May-20 17:44:25

She is not hiding well the fact that she is very pissed off, is she?

I wonder if the scientists give the politicians advice and they simply respond “well that may be your advice but we can’t do that, not possible - too expensive”.

palacegirl77 Tue 19-May-20 17:44:57

People making excuses saying hes still poorly, or tired or he has a new baby etc...if thats the case and he isnt competent - he should absolutely acknowledge that and stand down for someone to take control and leadership. We dont have a leader.

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 19-May-20 17:45:35

Oh she might have pullled it back now. She’s gone back into “I am presenting the science part of this. The ministers will decide the policies.”

Everytimeref Tue 19-May-20 17:45:54

@TeeBee. He isn't on paternity leave. He is hiding as he know if he does the briefing he will be found out how poor a leader he is.

Dame McClean not happy with the questioning, trying hard not to say we have told them the science they aren't listening but definitely biting her tongue.

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 19-May-20 17:49:50

Ooh that’s very tellin, what she’s saying. She’s suggesting there are operational issues with testing which are conflicting with what advice the scientists are saying. She may as well be saying “we’re doing our job. They’re not doing theirs.”

SleepymummyZzz Tue 19-May-20 17:50:36

I agree, she is majorly pissed off it’s obvious. What’s got her so rattled? The journalists/the government/bad hair day?
Boris needs to step up and lead, or temporarily hand over leadership to Raab again if he isn’t fit. This isn’t time for nicey nice parental friendly working arrangements, he is the PM!!

CendrillonSings Tue 19-May-20 17:52:54

Where is it written that the Prime Minister has to do all the daily press briefings in person? I imagine he’ll do only the major changes in national policy, like the last one.

Some people seem to have a little trouble with the concept of object permanence as well... wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »