Talk

Advanced search

I want Simon Mayo's Drivetime back!!

(138 Posts)
bridgetjonesmassivepants Wed 16-May-18 17:36:27

There is precious little we can do to get the fantastic old version back but there is a BBC complaints page.

www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/contact_us/making_a_complaint.html

Please feel free to add to what must be a long list of complaints that they are ploughing through.

Listening now to Jo Wiley whining on about something in a very monotone voice. I've started switching on for the confession at 6:10 and then I turn off again. I REALLY CAN'T STAND HER!!!

MrsMozart Wed 16-May-18 17:39:26

Yup. Have complained. Nothing against Jo when she's doing her serious music thing on her own show, but the new Drivetime is awful sadhmm

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3239552-To-hate-Jo-Wiley?pg=1&order=

HollowTalk Wed 16-May-18 17:42:14

Mind you, I felt like that when Johnnie Walker left. I was nearly in tears - every night I'd get into the car and listen to him for the hour's drive home. I resisted Simon Mayo for ages, but I do like him now. Still prefer JW though. I used to love listening to him and Sally Traffic, especially on Fridays (think that must have been their gin day) - they'd be nearly sick they'd be laughing so much.

twilightcafe Wed 16-May-18 17:52:23

YANBU. I have complained. And switched stations.

Izzy24 Wed 16-May-18 17:53:49

YADEFINTELYNBU!!

Can’t bear it (her)
😳

Bobbybobbins Wed 16-May-18 17:58:44

Is this a permanent change? I got really confused when I switched on today!

Justfivemoreminutesplease Wed 16-May-18 17:58:52

I’ve stopped listening. Instead I’ve got this afternoon’s Radcliffe and Maconie on catch-up.

Smallhorse Wed 16-May-18 18:00:36

Not unreasonable!

BistoBear Wed 16-May-18 18:10:32

I like Jo, have liked her from her Radio 1 days 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s good to have a female voice on daytime Radio 2.

ibblebibbledibble Wed 16-May-18 18:24:37

Jo’s awful. Not an ounce of humour.

dontlikebeards Wed 16-May-18 18:37:56

I have complained. It's been a terrible change.

KinkyAfro Wed 16-May-18 18:46:53

I'm gutted, cannot abide Jo Whiley

nomorespaghetti Wed 16-May-18 18:50:20

Me too! Sara Cox would have been a much better fit with SM, or she could have taken over silly boy Steve's slot, and Simon etc could have stayed as they were.

sluj Wed 16-May-18 18:52:15

There's a response from the BBC on that complaints link saying we need to give it time. I've got no problem with giving it time but I won't be listening to the new show whilst I do.
Must have had loads of comments to put that up though

Raver84 Wed 16-May-18 18:57:19

Why did they change the show I only realised the other night when I was driving to work for night shift ...tuned in as usual and they were interviewing benedict cumberbatch instead of confessions. She is awful and always brings interviews back to her own interests / self. Where are the usual presenters? Confessions pod cast is worth a listen if your missing it.

MrsMozart Wed 16-May-18 19:02:21

That response on the BBC Complaints page is ridiculous!

I wonder about a Freedom of Information request...

Never considered that I'd get so worked up about a radio show!

CalF123 Wed 16-May-18 19:04:22

This is what happens when quotas take priority over whether people are suited to a job...

0range99 Wed 16-May-18 19:05:05

What? What has happened to Simon Mayo?

MrsMozart Wed 16-May-18 19:08:16

Orange - it's become the Jo Whiley & Simon Mayo show angrysad

IsDaveThere Wed 16-May-18 19:09:43

I'm glad it's not just me, why change something that isn't broken? Jo Wiley is dreadful and I don't like the new show one little bit.

Biggles398 Wed 16-May-18 19:09:45

It just doesn't work

MrsMozart Wed 16-May-18 19:12:20

There's a petition:

www.change.org/p/bbc-bring-back-simon-mayo-and-the-dream-team?recruiter=389169932&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition

SamPotatoes Wed 16-May-18 19:13:30

There's no rapport between them at all! Jo was fine in her slot and we loved drive time. The two of them together doesn't work.

Mumteedum Wed 16-May-18 19:14:40

I don't get the logic. I like Simon. I like Jo at 8pm playing good music and gently wittering on as I cook. Together tho? It's worst of both worlds. And the life hacks makes me cross. Fucking hacks. One of my pet hate words... Like 'called out'. Seems to have cropped up everywhere trying to make things sound cool. angry OK... I'll shut up now

RomaineCalm Wed 16-May-18 19:18:21

I love them both, but separately.

Turned on earlier and SM was complaining about being tired and going to sleep in the barbers and JW was talking about an ear piercing that was full of pus. Not exactly entertaining listening for the drive home.

With a few notable exceptions I just don't think two presenters works well or plays to either's strengths.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: