Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your pet, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Talk to me re black cats…

Ilovemycat13 · 20/12/2021 21:04

Can you tell me about and show me your black cats please?

My beautiful part bengal died about 4 months ago and we’re getting another kitten in January. We chose a lovely little black kitten. My partner was drawn to him and I know black cats often are the hardest to re home.

Are they as loving as I hear? Mine will probably be an indoor cat (no debates please) will he be tolerable of that?

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheLightSideOfTheMoon · 20/12/2021 21:07

Here’s mine.

She nuzzles and purrs all day long.

Black cats are amazing (although I also have cats in other colours).

Please
or

MissBattleaxe · 20/12/2021 21:08

My black cat is nicknamed Velcro Cat because she is always glued to a human. She is the most affectionate, sweetest, funny cats I've ever had in my life and I'm 51. She was from a rescue place when she was about 3 and that was 9 years ago.

Please
or

Swirlywoo · 20/12/2021 21:09

I had a lovely rehomed black cat years ago. I can't comment on the indoor thing, as he was an outdoor cat.

Please
or

Undervaluedandsad · 20/12/2021 21:09

We have 2. One would be very upset at being a house cat, the other follows me around like a puppy and is currently on my feet. They are all different.

Please
or

NMC2022 · 20/12/2021 21:10

Rescue. One tooth, annoying, noisy, clingy, black cat Grin he gazes at me constantly and follows me round like a small dog
Has a tendency to be dramatic (I've just removed a claw sheath from his fur and he threw himself on the floor) HmmGrin

Please
or

Catatlast · 20/12/2021 21:12

We have 2. They are very friendly, much more friendly than our previous bengal-korat x. Not sure if that's because they are black or just luck. I can't tell them apart though which is tricky, I feel like I don't know them very well. We've had them about 3 months and I still don't know which is which.

Please
or

LegoPandemic · 20/12/2021 21:13

2 indoor black cats here. Girl is soft but not that affectionate. She’s a bit timid. Boy is very affectionate and not timid. They are lovely together- bonded pair who sleep together.

Please
or

JoanOgden · 20/12/2021 21:14

I have a lovely and insanely affectionate black rescue.

Please
or

BringBackCoffeeCreams · 20/12/2021 21:16

Mine is gorgeous and so friendly. Unfortunately he's also as dim as they come.

Please
or

Cattitudes · 20/12/2021 21:20

@BringBackCoffeeCreams

Mine is gorgeous and so friendly. Unfortunately he's also as dim as they come.

Do we share a cat? Very loyal and loves us but not particularly successful as a cat!
Please
or

Santahatesbraisedcabbage · 20/12/2021 21:20

We got ours a year ago..
Rescued from living in a shop doorway from a feral colony in our town.
Not feral anymore...

Please
or

DeckTheHallsWithGin · 20/12/2021 21:21

We’ve got two- one shy but loves her human housemates (doesn’t like visitors unless they have dreamies), very affectionate when she wants to be. Other is a complete tart, loves everyone, visits the neighbours, useless at hunting. Black cats are the best.

Please
or

Zimbolino · 20/12/2021 21:22

We have a brilliant rescue ex-stray (not feral): sweet, cuddly, not a noisy menace and not a hunter!

Please
or

OrangeBlossom28 · 20/12/2021 21:22

Martha, our beautiful 12 yr old rescue who found DH one bank holiday weekend when he was fishing.

Please
or

Hoviscats · 20/12/2021 21:23

We have 2 and they are beautiful! Loving, cuddly, friendly and mad all in one package. They are under 1 year old and are currently stripping the christmas tree of baubles 🤣😊

Please
or

ReviewingTheSituation · 20/12/2021 21:24

I don't believe the colour has any bearing on their personality!

My black cat is completely loving and affectionate with us, but won't give visitors the time of day. She would probably kill us if we didn't allow her access to outdoors - she loves it (and is a prolific mouser).
My friend's black cat is a total loon. Very friendly, but not a lap cat.

Biggest problem with black cats is that they are nigh on impossible to photograph!

Please
or

Shmithecat2 · 20/12/2021 21:24

I fostered 3 black kittens (dumped at approx 4 weeks) - they were just wonderful. Loving, playful and so beautiful.

Please
or

Nahhh · 20/12/2021 21:24

My black cat is the friendliest I’ve ever known. He loves actual cuddles, ie you have to wrap your arms around him. He comes to greet you when you get home. He seems to know if you’re down and will sit with you. He’s soft and sweet.

Please
or

YesItsMeIDontCare · 20/12/2021 21:24

Couple of pictures of my lad. He's completely bonkers, pretends to be aloof and uncaring, comes for a cuddle as soon as I sit down.
Another Velcro boy!

Talk to me re black cats… Talk to me re black cats…
Please
or

Allergictoironing · 20/12/2021 21:25

Black indoor sibling ex-ferals here, a boy & a girl. Due to their past, they are very wary of anybody except me, though do accept DSis & No. 4 nephew (adult) in the same room.

Girlcat is a demanding Diva who expects to be waited upon hand and foot - which she is of course. Despite her trying to pretend she's aloof, catch her in the right mood and we have tummy & head rub sessions that leave her writhing with pleasure.

Boycat has issues, and ranks as borderline special needs despite looking like a magnificent not-so-mini panther. He is a total cuddle monster, and would spend just about all day snuggled up beside me getting belly rubs.

Girlcat is the one posing elegantly, Boycat is the one channeling a panther in a tree (the longest bit dangling down is his tail!)

Talk to me re black cats… Talk to me re black cats…
Please
or

Svara · 20/12/2021 21:25

My two, they were rescues that came from the same home, very much bonded. Black cat is quiet and unassuming but they are both very loving cats.

Please
or

TheVanguardSix · 20/12/2021 21:28

Black cats and predominantly black tuxedos really are as loving as they say. I've had all sorts of cats over my lifetime and I swear, they really are the best.
My ginger tabby is an aloof iceberg. Grin
He snuggles me twice a year and it means the universe to me.
Whereas my tux, who is mostly black, chats away, follows me everywhere, sleeps with me all night and will absolutely not leave the bed until I wake up. He is SUCH a lovebug.
Our black cat (when I was a kid) used to get on the sledge with us and divebomb down snowy banks. He used to sit on my dad's lap in the car and put his paws on the steering wheel, driving with dad. He was an absolutely magical cat!

Please
or

TheVanguardSix · 20/12/2021 21:29

The obligatory photo!

Please
or

MaryAndGerryLivingInDerry · 20/12/2021 21:31

Oooh I love a black cat. I’ve never understood the stigma over them. My boy is a little rascal. Very vocal. Very playful. Very affectionate. Loves his humans. Loves his heat and generally just being very comfortable regardless of who he is inconveniencing. Tortured his big sister (she died on Friday night Sad )

Talk to me re black cats… Talk to me re black cats… Talk to me re black cats…
Please
or

effiehabb · 20/12/2021 21:39

This is my 7 year old rescue girl, she's wonderful 💜

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.