Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

Read testers’ feedback on LIPIKAR Balm AP+M for dry, itchy or eczema prone skin

JustineBMumsnet · 24/01/2020 11:13

This is the feedback thread for the 120 Mumsnet users who have been testing La Roche-Posay LIPIKAR Balm AP+M, designed with active ingredients to help rebalance the microbiome.

Here’s what La Roche Posay has to say: La Roche-Posay’s LIPIKAR Balm AP+ loved by Mumsnet users has a new and improved formula! The new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M inspired by microbiome technology has clinically proven triple-action efficacy: immediate soothing, anti-scratching and anti-dry skin flare-ups for your little one’s dry, itchy skin. The improved quick-dry texture will leave your child’s skin feeling soft and soothed, helping keep itching sensations at bay. We hope you love our new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M as much as we do!”

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the following questions, as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed you:

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+M body balm?
2. Has using LIPIKAR Balm AP+M every day as part of your child’s routine improved your child’s overall skin condition?
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Balm AP+M daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?
4. If you used LIPIKAR Balm AP+ before trying the new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M, did you notice an improvement in the results from using the product? Did you notice an improvement in the texture of the balm?

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

OP's posts:
Please
or

Freshstart40 · 24/01/2020 12:06

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+M body balm?

Beautiful, felt substantial and rich.

2. Has using LIPIKAR Balm AP+M every day as part of your child’s routine improved your child’s overall skin condition?

Yes. My son had persistent eczema on both eyebrows which has cleared up.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Balm AP+M daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?

After two days. But the itching seemed to be reduced after the first application.

4. If you used LIPIKAR Balm AP+ before trying the new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M, did you notice an improvement in the results from using the product? Did you notice an improvement in the texture of the balm?

Didn't notice an improvement in the texture as I've always thought that was lovely. The results though I did notice a faster difference in the smoother less itchy condition of the skin.
Please
or

livinginhope87 · 24/01/2020 12:49

. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+M body balm?
Very nice, rich cream and not greasy
Yes, really improved my son's arms.

Maybe 3 days, it felt better to him straight away.
4. If you used LIPIKAR Balm AP+ before trying the new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M, did you notice an improvement in the results from using the product? Did you notice an improvement in the texture of

No used before

Please
or

savemejebus · 24/01/2020 12:49

Texture is really creamy and thick, really promising and easy to apply.

Unfortunately this had absolutely no impact on my child's skin, which was very disappointing as I'd heard such great things.

I didn't

I didn't
Please
or

helloswellow · 24/01/2020 12:52

The texture was thin but pleasant. DS was much more agreeable to putting it on compared to his diprobase. I believe it's due to the light feeling this had on the skin.

His rashes have died down and his dry skin seems to have cleared. I've also noticed him scratching less which is an added bonus.

Maybe 2 to 3 days for the dry skin but it was another day or so for the rash to die down. I used it on my own arm for a persistent itch and noticed it settled almost immediately.

Thanks for letting DS try this product. We've already ordered another and will definitely be adding it to our routine permanently.
Please
or

Cosmia · 24/01/2020 12:55

Lovely - it was thick but not gloppy and still sank in well. Wasn't greasy either.

Very much so - small patches of eczema have cleared up on both of them, as have chapped cheeks and rough knees. They have both stopped complaining of being itchy which they tend to do in winter as result of baths and central heating. As an added bonus, my winter-worn hands have also hugely improved and it's fixed my dry and itchy elbows, tummy and knees.

Very rapidly - instantly stopped the itching for all and started to see the eczema go within 2-3 days.

Hadn't used it before but we are all converts now!
Please
or

RandomWok · 24/01/2020 13:00

Really lovely. It was really thick and substantial.

Yes and mine! My little girls eczema is much less noticeable and much less angry. I suffer from very dry skin on my hands and get eczema flare ups on my fingers. They are much better since I've been putting this cream on my kids and rubbing the left overs into my hands.

My youngest doesn't have eczema but developed red dry patches on her cheeks. From the first application there was a real difference. By day 4 it was hardly noticeable.

My eldest skin is the best it has been in awhile. I notice an improvement almost immediately and continues to improve slowly.

I was new to the product so cannot comment.

P.s their Sun cream is amazing for itchy little ones. Took me quiet a while to find one my eldest didn't react to.
Please
or

NotYourHun · 24/01/2020 13:03

Lovely and soft without being too greasy. Easy to apply. My son loves it.

My son had a small patch of eczema on his back that improved within a couple of days of starting using the product. We made the mistake of reintroducing cows milk last week (he has mild CMPA) and his eczema flared up badly, we got on top of it very quickly with the balm without the need for steroids. Even in the areas that typically have become very bad previously.

Probably two or three days for redness to improve and skin to become less crusty.

We hadn’t used La Roche Posay for my son’s skin before (although I do for my own) and I’m a complete convert. I’ve even got my husband using it on his dry cracked hands (from cycling to work) now! I’ll definitely purchase this in future although do worry it may be considerable more expensive than our usual Aveeno emollient.
Please
or

Damnpeskykids · 24/01/2020 13:06

Really liked the texture, it was nice and thick but it didn't take long to sink in after application.
    Yes definitely, her skin is much softer and less rough feeling.
  3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Balm AP+M daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? Within a few days
    Have never used LIPIKAR before.
Please
or

Crochetcrochetcrochet · 24/01/2020 13:23

Lovely! Easy to spread, quick to sink in and much smoother to apply than our usual creams.

Absolutely, the eczema on his hands arms and elbows has cleared up. The skin was cracked, red, sore and itchy and now is smooth and soft.

A couple of days took the redness down, and the cracks healed quickly too. After the first evening application he wasn't awake in the night itchy which is a wonder.

We haven't used it previously I'm afraid.
Please
or

HJWT · 24/01/2020 13:27

1. How did you find the texture and application
of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+M body balm?

• Fine was not to greasy felt like a normal moisturiser, applied smoothly and does not instantly dry up like some others I have tried!

Yes my sons dry skin is 99% gone with every day use
    Within 48 hours

YES the new product leaves the skin moisturised all day which I didn't see with the original AP+ but I do still like the old one as it works for my daughters skin but not my baby son, the new product works a lot better for him!
Please
or

Sportsnight · 24/01/2020 13:34

The texture is really nice, and it absorbs easily but it caused stinging on application, which my 6 year old found intolerable. I used it on my 3 year old without problems, and her dry skin patches cleared very quickly, but I don’t think we’ll use it long term. I’d prefer a brand both kids can use.

Yes.

Noticed a difference the next evening, and had clear skin within 3 days, on the child who could tolerate the product.

We haven’t used the product before.

Please
or

ohfourfoxache · 24/01/2020 13:46

Absolutely amazing - thick, velvety, absorbed easily. A pleasure to use, not greasy

Without a doubt - dry skin disappeared completely within a week

Significant difference within 2-3 days

I’ve not used AP+ before so can’t comment
Please
or

WilmaJean · 24/01/2020 13:54

Lovely and rich whilst absorbing easily.
  2. Has using LIPIKAR Balm AP+M every day as part of your child’s routine improved your child’s overall skin condition?^
    Yes, he had a stubborn patch of dry skin on the back of his neck and on his side. Both have cleared up whilst using LIPIKAR Balm AP+M.^
  3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Balm AP+M daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?^
    After three or four days the patches had gone but they were looking better after a day or two.^
  4. If you used LIPIKAR Balm AP+ before trying the new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M, did you notice an improvement in the results from using the product? Did you notice an improvement in the texture of the balm?^
    Yes, I had used the previous balm and this seemed to clear things up a bit quicker. I didn't notice a particular difference in the texture though.^
Please
or

hootatoot · 24/01/2020 13:59

It went on well and had a nice texture going on. It made skin feel silky but it was a bit sticky. I put some on my arms and found they stuck to my desk which was unpleasant and the stickiness didn't wear off
    Yes, her skin is definitely more hydrated with less irritation. On the first application though she said it was stinging (though she says this noatter what I put on Confused

Around 4 days I would say

I didn't use the old version
Please
or

Carnabie · 24/01/2020 14:00

Lovely texture, easy to apply. Didn’t feel difficult to spread like some eczema creams and so didn’t need to use loads at a time. Left skin feeling soft and smooth but not greasy.
    Skin is much softer and red patches have disappeared
    Skin felt softer and smoother within a couple of days. Redness and scales took maybe a week
    I had previously used the one in the baby range which I liked but this one did seem more moisturising as my baby’s chapped red cheeks completely disappeared while trialling it.

Only downside is that when I applied it to my older son’s arms which had scratches on, he said it was stinging and burning and the skin around the scratches went red and bumpy, he had to wash it off as it was hurting. So I would avoid using this on any really bad eczema or areas with broken skin.
Please
or

Jamb16 · 24/01/2020 14:04

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+M body balm? I really liked the texture. It wasn’t too thick or too thin, and easy to apply. It dried quickly and wasn’t greasy
  2. Has using LIPIKAR Balm AP+M every day as part of your child’s routine improved your child’s overall skin condition? Yes definitely
  3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Balm AP+M daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? About 2 days
  4. If you used LIPIKAR Balm AP+ before trying the new LIPIKAR Balm AP+M, did you notice an improvement in the results from using the product? Did you notice an improvement in the texture of the balm? It did seem more moisturising whereas the other one seemed a little too thin
Please
or

We3kingsoforientareandabump · 24/01/2020 14:10

How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+M body balm?

I found the texture similar to the other creams which have been prescribed by the doctor for my child.

I thought it had at first but he after using the product for a while his skin is the same as ever and he is still scratching a lot so I think he just wasn't having a flare up when we first began using it.

As I said I thought I noticed an improvement after the first couple of days but his skin is now just as bad as it always was.

We've never tried this product before.

Please
or

TheLovleyChebbyMcGee · 24/01/2020 14:18

Really nice, thick and luxurious

A little bit. We have been struggling to find a cream that works , but its is definitely no worse than the few we've tried so far. I don't think it has helped the eczema patches as we had to go back to using the steroid cream on tiny patches, but the rest of DS skin feels lovley

it felt immediately more moisuruzed, but didnt help to keep the rough patches from deveolping

not used before, but would try others in the range
Please
or

Reastie · 24/01/2020 14:38

Texture was between a lotion and a cream. It was easy to get out of the pump and didn’t dribble from my hands before applying like runny hand creams can. Application was great, it went into the skin readily and easily and instantly felt the difference. It left the skin initially a little greasy but not unpleasantly so.

Definitely made a marked improvement and it’s so pronounced I will be buying this after I finish the bottle sent for testing. No redness or itching after application either and helped the condition more than the emollients we have already tried on prescription.

I noticed an improvement after the first use and this continued improving with further usage.

I’ve never used this before and had never heard of it either. I’d like to thank mn and la roche-posay so much for letting us test this as it’s a game changer for us and we will continue to use in the future. I can’t fault it.
Please
or

Wilberforce1 · 24/01/2020 14:54

I’m going to do my feedback later but I was wondering seeing if anyone else in here received another product a few days later?

I received a bottle of a cream called Balneum about 4 days after I received the LRP cream, it came in a Jiffy bag with a piece of paper asking me to use it and then review it either on Amazon or their website! Really confused!!

Please
or

TartanTrousers · 24/01/2020 15:20

Rich, not greasy and it absorbed very nicely without leaving my son sticky.

It has improved things about 50% (which is fab!) - it stopped his persistent itching and there were some sore spots which cleared up quite quickly. However unfortunately new itchy spots started appearing and despite applying the balm, it still flared slightly. However, much improved from what it was and we noticed it helped prevent a flare on his face! Great!

Almost immediately - the itching really stopped and the spots cleared up within a couple of days which prevented further itching.

I haven’t used this product before but we will in future, further testing will hope to improve his flares and skin even more so we’re going to continue using the product. Thank you!
Please
or

TartanTrousers · 24/01/2020 15:20

@Wilberforce1 - yes, we did! We haven’t used it though as wasn’t sure who or where it came from??

Please
or

beccacooluk79 · 24/01/2020 15:44

Very soft , light and smooth
    Yes it’s much more hydrated on his dry flaky parts.
    About 1 week.
    A bit lighter.
Please
or

Wilberforce1 · 24/01/2020 16:08

@TartanTrousers how weird. We haven’t used it either so it’s just sitting there! At least it wasn’t just us.

Please
or

Icantfind · 24/01/2020 16:34

Rich but not greasy. Rubbed in easily

Very much so. She only had a small patch but she kept scratching until in bled. She immediately stopped scratching, and within a few days the patch of eczema had gone completely.

Immediately stopped itching and healed within a few days.

I’d not used it before. Will be a staple in our house now though!
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.